• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prestige Property Consultancy

lbseiso

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with this company for Timshare Rental. They are offering $19000 for renting my five weeks over the next 5 years. They want 18% (mexican taxes) and 5% commission paid upfront. Please help.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This has a 99.999% probability of being a scam.

Why should you pay a commission before receiving the rent? Why can't the agent take its fee out of the rent when (if?) the rent is ever paid? Why should you pay the tax to the rental agent rather than the taxing authority -- in advance?

Search this index for "upfront fees"; then, run away from these scoundrels.

lbseiso

Reaction score
[Threads merged]

Has anyone heard of this company or dealt with them. The are supposedly the escrow company that is holding the deposit from the renter who bought 5 of our weeks. The issue is that the selling company wants me to pay mexican government taxes first before they would issue me a check. Please help. The company is Prestige Property Consultancy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you "sell" your weeks or "rent" your weeks?

Did you agree to escrow?

Do yo have a contract?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
You asked the same question on this thread, except there about the company supposedly renting the units; now you come back and ask us about the supposedly independent escrow agent:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=883504#post883504

If this deal is truly on the up and up (and I doubt that it is), why wouldn't the rental agent permit the escrow agent to pay the tax?

I am substantially certain that the "escrow" agent is the same person as the rental agent (or an affiliate); someone is using the artifice of an "escrow" to try to get an upfront fee from you.

Don't fall for it.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If I read this correctly, you are about to pay this company $4,370! :eek:

5% commission + 18% tax on $19,000.

This is clearly a scam! You will never get paid! If they have your $19,000 in escrow why don't they just take the $4,370 of of excrow??? -

Because there is no buyer and there are no funds in escrow!

If you have already given them your credit card number, you need to call your credit card immediately and dispute the charges!!!

If you haven't given them your CC number, you need to cancel this deal - if it's too good to be true - IT'S NOT TRUE!

Last edited:

numexico2

Reaction score
I too have been approached by Prestige Property Consultancy (PPC) for rental of my Mayan timeshare property in Mexico. They stated that they would get a 5% commission from both the renter and the owner (from the owner only after the owner has received payment in full). There was no mention of Mexican Taxes. Is this company legit? Anyone had any dealings with them...good or bad?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you read the other posts in this thread? ANY company that charges you a large upfront fee is a scammer - don't do it!

numexico2

Reaction score
The following is posted online at
http://ultimate-vacation-network.pi...er-deal-never-went-thur-20100112167519/1.html

12. Written by WWD, on 01-06-2010 13:07

Heads UP!! New set of players!!!!

Prestige Property Consultancy, 103 Bulifants Blvd, Williamsburg, Va. Do NOT occupy this address per leasing agent. Represented by Nora Monroe, aka Emma Barret; and Cory Jones, aka, Cory Reed.

Elite Escrow Management, LLC, 485 Massachusets Ave, Cambridge, MA. Do NOT occupy this address per leasing agent. Represented by Jason Edwards, aka, Jason Berad.

Caught on after $992 was processed by Elite through Puerto Vallarta merchant Ultimate Network by Santander Bank. Filed immediate dispute with my credit card company--hopeful all will turn out OK. Plan to file complaints with AG's of MA and VA.

sarahaw

Reaction score
Stay away from these guys. They are full of it. I am in the middle of a mess that my aunt got involved in - she's given so much money to them and they promise it will all be reimbursed along with the fat amount of cash she is supposed to get for renting her property. If it sounds too good to be true it is. We have to work with the credit card company to get her money back and hopefully it will work, but what a pain! Once all is said and done, then perhaps a complaint on the BBB will happen. Such a scam. She has had all the things happen that are described on this thread. Beware! Actually RUN!