• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI through HGVC

Iowa Rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can find several march 2011 Orlando weeks with rci using a south africa week. I see none using my HGVC points that I have from my marco island timeshare. Why would this be?
Thanks,
Rod

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the orlando weeks are HGVC resorts, then the HGVC/RCI contract prohibits booking HGVC resorts via Hilton's RCI account more than 8 (or 10) months in advance. You can book it via your non Hilton RCI account (deposits).

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I can find several march 2011 Orlando weeks with rci using a south africa week. I see none using my HGVC points that I have from my marco island timeshare. Why would this be?

If you are saying that you S.Africa TS is pulling RCI-resorts that HGVC is not, its curious. I suspect that its due to some quirk in the exchange process between HGVC and RCI. HGVC seems to do a better job with reservations on the points (nightly) side than for weeks, and I suspect that how much inventory HGVC puts up is a limiting factor. <But I could be wrong.>

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I don't think that is true.

What I think is happening is that HGVC deposited the inventory into the weeks system, even though the resorts in question are points resorts.

You can't find them online as weeks inventory, nor as points inventory. They are not in points and any points resort will NOT show up in a weeks search. However if you call in they should be able to find them for you. Since HGVC works on a fixed point grid, it is the same amount of points whether the unit is in points or weeks. However you just can't see them online. You will have to call to find the units.

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this "block" for over a year now. I can see HGVC resorts with a cheap South African week and not be able to get it with HGVC counselors. Of course HGVC have denied there is a block. This feature using less points through RCI was identified as a benefit in the sales process. The recent bulk space weeks for the Grand Waikikian, Lagoon and Kalia for 2011 was confirmed by many on TUG using their deposited weeks other than HGVC. However, I could not see these deposits online through HGVC/RCI nor on the phone by the HGVC counselor. Surprisingly the current bulk space bank deposit of Kingsland does show up through HGVC/RCI. Who do you think is creating this "block", HGVC or RCI ?

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer is simple, you can not make a club reservation more than 8 months in advance unless you own at that Hilton resort. The same applies to the RCI exchange into HGVC resort using HGVC points. A rep told me this clearly!

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
I think it's 9 months....

Anita

Emi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of the 9 months applying to RCI since RCI is 2 years. Anyway, I am able to see Kingsland for September 2011 to December 2011.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for sharing

The answer is simple, you can not make a club reservation more than 8 months in advance unless you own at that Hilton resort. The same applies to the RCI exchange into HGVC resort using HGVC points. A rep told me this clearly!

Interesting.... I never knew HGVC had this RCI limitation.

There was a sighting for the HGVC Orlando resort through July 2011 however I can only see availability online thru my RCI HGVC acct through Dec 2010 (the 9 month mark). I can see others Orlando resorts in 2011 like DVC but not HGVC.

Here's a link to the Orlando sightings
http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25011
http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25012

Has anyone ever seen the Hawaii HGVC resorts online using their HGVC RCI account?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I have never heard of the 9 months applying to RCI since RCI is 2 years. Anyway, I am able to see Kingsland for September 2011 to December 2011.

Using your other RCI account? I can't view this with the HGVC RCI account.

toontoy

Reaction score
I have been looking for a HGVC location in hawaii for that time of year and searched everyday within the HGVC RCI portal and haven't seen this. I only have the hilton RCI account and wonder if they do limit it. If so that would be strange as they get the deal and its part of the club

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Interesting.... I never knew HGVC had this RCI limitation.

There was a sighting for the HGVC Orlando resort through July 2011 however I can only see availability online thru my RCI HGVC acct through Dec 2010 (the 9 month mark). I can see others Orlando resorts in 2011 like DVC but not HGVC.

Here's a link to the Orlando sightings
http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25011
http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25012

Has anyone ever seen the Hawaii HGVC resorts online using their HGVC RCI account?

How do you get access to RCI online thru HGVC? My account doesn't show anything with HGVC in it. Do you have to deposit points to see stuff or did you go in thru a link on the club website? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm still pretty newbie to HGVC.:eek: Thanks. :hi:

toontoy

Reaction score
Once you login you need to select the my club and rci tab and there is a button that allows you to go to the rci site.

You deposit the points once something has been confirmed.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Once you login you need to select the my club and rci tab and there is a button that allows you to go to the rci site.

You deposit the points once something has been confirmed.

Thanks. I found it. :)

Now, I don't like what I see there. :annoyed: I don't think I'm going to be doing too many deposits into RCI. How far out do you have to look? I'm looking at Sept. October and don't hardly see anything worth having and it's alot of points IMO to get what they are giving. :crash:

Emi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I can see it going through the HGVC site and link to RCI.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks. I found it. :)
I don't think I'm going to be doing too many deposits into RCI. How far out do you have to look?

For "weekly" exchanges, you can search up to two years out.
For "nightly" (RCI points), you can search up to 10 months out.

As I intimated earlier, you'll likely find more resorts with the nightly option.
The points needed (even for red-season), are often less than similar HGVC units.
Example, a 2BR red-week on a Florida beach is 4800 pts. No such HGVC TS.

Last edited:

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is a permanent block to get another HGVC resort. I have had a trade request in HGVC's RCI account for almost 2 years trying to use my Tortuga Beach Club deposit for any other Sanibel or Hawaii resort during any time of the year. I have never received a confirmation or call to book a unit. Every couple of months I call, but they say nothing has been deposited and nothing is available.

toontoy

Reaction score
I just called this morning and am not able to book the resorts. They state nothing open at kings land or grand waikikian for october to december yet non HGVC members see it. I asked and she said there are variables and my account does not show it. I wonder what these varaibles are and they seem as a sales block to me. They know I am not open to add more points and these are resorts for sale