• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Food Suggestions-Ocean Pointe

brego

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at Ocean Pointe with 3 young adult children in early June. My sons are almost 6"5' with never ending appetites (this can make a vacation very expensive). We are looking for suggestions of reasonably priced restaurants in the area as well as suggestions about where to get take out pizza. We will have a car. We will be doing some cooking in our unit and I am also wondering which Publix Market is recommended.

Any suggestions for activities off the premises that young people in their early 20s would enjoy would also be greatly appreciated.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We will be staying at Ocean Pointe with 3 young adult children in early June. My sons are almost 6"5' with never ending appetites (this can make a vacation very expensive). We are looking for suggestions of reasonably priced restaurants in the area as well as suggestions about where to get take out pizza. We will have a car. We will be doing some cooking in our unit and I am also wondering which Publix Market is recommended.

Any suggestions for activities off the premises that young people in their early 20s would enjoy would also be greatly appreciated.

There's a Pizza Hut Express on the grounds at Ocean Pointe. I think they'll even deliver to your room.

There are jet ski rentals, ocean drift fishing, para-sailing, at least one snorkel trip to Peanut Island, body board rentals, skim board rentals and surf board rentals available either thorugh the resort coneirge or from Ocean Side rentals. Ocean Side does not have the ability to charge rentals to you Villa unless something has changed.

Duffy's is a local sports bar and grill that has a frequent guest program that's worth sigining up for, even if you never think you'll be there again. They offer special deals that make it worth being a member and, the membership if free. They had a great early bird special the last time we were there.

Johnny Longboats is within walking distance of Ocean Pointe and use to have a reasonably priced menu. We haven't been there since they remodled and opened back up. Prices may have changed as I would almost bet they're paying more for rent.

Last edited:

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a superWALMART within 5 min by car, very easy to get to. We have stocked up there for the whole week.
The pizza hut express comes in handy if you're haungry and don't feel like leaving the pool/resort area. They also have sandwiches, icecream etc...

The tiki bar has food, burgers, wraps, fish sandwiches, fries, etc.

Johhny longboats is within walking distance from the resort.

For some upscale food and great views, the Sailfish Marina is just on the other side of the island. You can walk there to, althouh it's a longer walk.

enjoy your stay!

glnrcker

TUG Member
Reaction score
The tiki bar can be expensive when you start adding up the drinks and sandwiches. Besides the supermarkets, try Carmine's Market for some
good Italian that you can just reheat, though some things can be a little pricey there as well. El Colonial serves Cuban food and is inexpensive and
pretty good. As a matter of fact, just about any deli or Cuban restaurant you
find should be inexpensive and good. Have a great time!

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guys love the pizza @ OP's Pizza Hut!

I load up on stuff @ Publix (10 minutes north)....cases of soda, water, beer, wine, potato salad, cold cuts, breads....stuff like that. But,they often end up @ the tiki bar or Pizza Hut ( for wraps & sandwiches) for lunch.

Sailfish Marina is a very short walk... about 7 minutes. We walk there for dinner a couple of times throughout the week. You can also take the water taxi from the Sailfish Marina Dock to Clematis Street which is fun on Thursday nights. But check first, b/c somebody here said not too long ago that the water taxi was not running these days.

Have fun! Enjoy Ocean Pointe. We love it there! ( any golfers? there's good golf nearby)

Smooth Air:cool:

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
I second Duffy's sports bar. Excellent Ribs and very reasonable prices. It is right next to Publix and we always go there our first night. eat at Duffy's then go into Publix to do our shopping. Only have to park the car once.

There is a Cheesecake Factory in a shopping center on PGA Blvd. While not super cheap, the portions are huge and I have always enjoyed the food.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I second Duffy's sports bar. Excellent Ribs and very reasonable prices. It is right next to Publix and we always go there our first night. eat at Duffy's then go into Publix to do our shopping. Only have to park the car once.

There is a Cheesecake Factory in a shopping center on PGA Blvd. While not super cheap, the portions are huge and I have always enjoyed the food.

There's also a Cheescake Factory in the City Place shopping district. Very nice area and we always kill one afternoon or evening just walking around. There are several other restaurants of various price ranges there but I wouldn't count any of them as either expensive or inexpensive. On the cheap end there's a Cheeseburger Cheesburger. There's a couple of restaurants that are more expensive but nothing really over the top as far as I know. Most of the shops are standard run of the mill specialty stores like what we have at home but it's always nice to just walk around the area right about twilight.

While I'm thinking about it, there's a place called Two Girls Pizza in the Clematis St. restaurant/night club district that was very good and not horribly expensive.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Drive down to Clematis Street in West Palm Beach, about 15-20 minutes away. Nice restaurants, some not too pricey. Our favorite was Grease burger bar.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately the Pizza Hut Express don't seem to be participating in the current $10 pizza deal that Pizza Hut is running. :mad:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Costco on PGA Blvd. that is great for stockup, meat, and wine. The Bonefish Grill near Publix has good seafood and moderate prices, and offers takeout. Max & Eddie's has good New York style pizza and the pasta dishes and portions should satisfy your 'little' ones. Their service is spotty, so we often order carryout. Our teenage daughters enjoyed kayaking at the state park.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Superchief , Max & Eddie's used to be good but not anymore. Have you been there in the past 2-3 years? ( Even the pizza is bad)

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Try P.A.'s BBQ (Park Avenue BBQ). Its on Route 1 going north, (just past Northlake Blvd on the left side).
Very reasonable, many daily specials...all you can eat ribs, or chicken etc and they don't break the bank!
Mike

It's no more than 10 minutes from OP

brego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the great suggestions!

Just a few more questions.

Are you allowed to take a cooler to the pool and beach with your own beverages? If so, is there a restriction on glass bottles?

Can anyone recommend a seafood restaurant that the locals eat at? Also, is there a Publix on the way from the airport?

Yes, my sons and husband golf. The North Palm Beach Country Club course was recommended to us. Any other thoughts?

Again, many thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, you can take a cooler to the pool and or beach. Glass is prohibited in the pool area and perhaps also at the beach. It wouldn't be a pretty sight if one of those broke and someone stepped on it with bare feet. Restriction or not, glass shouldn't be where people walk bare footed.

There is a Publix north on A1A, I would say it is about 5 miles away. Not on the route from the Airport, though there could be one. MapQuest and Publix website are your friend if you need to find one along the way. Though with a car full of luggage, you may not have room for groceries until you unload.

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
While most of our MVCI stays have allowed us to check in immediately on arrival, there have been a couple of times when the unit was not ready. So we always get checked in first, unpack and then go to the supermarket. You don't want to take the chance of your dairy and frozen foods going bad in the Florida heat while waiting for your room.

The Publix mentioned above is a 10 minute ride away.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
While most of our MVCI stays have allowed us to check in immediately on arrival, there have been a couple of times when the unit was not ready. So we always get checked in first, unpack and then go to the supermarket. You don't want to take the chance of your dairy and frozen foods going bad in the Florida heat while waiting for your room.

The Publix mentioned above is a 10 minute ride away.

Actually, we always buy ALL our non perishable items on the way into the resort, and then after we check in we take a trip to get all the perishable goods.

It makes unpacking everything easier, then all we have left to buy are the refrigerator/freezer items.

The SuperWalmart and Costco have the best bargains, and also the SuperWalmart sells cheap gas.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
North of OP about 10 minutes is PGA Blvd. That's where there is a Publix and many other stores for shopping and dining. It's a nice clean area.

For a lunch treat for adults The Breakers hotel in Palm Beach is worth seeing. Good food with an excellent ocean view. However, it is not cheap. If you have never been there it's worth seeing. There is a winter mansion that you can tour that is not too far from The Breakers. All of it in Palm Beach makes for a nice half day vacation experience.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Superchief , Max & Eddie's used to be good but not anymore. Have you been there in the past 2-3 years? ( Even the pizza is bad)

We ordered pizza on our last trip in November 2008 and it was still good. I read bad reviews last year, but reviews on Trip Advisor this year were more favorable. I was hoping they resolved the problems, since it is convenient and had been good previously.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go north on A1A to Juno Beach. You'll find Kathy's seaside cafe, inexpensive and delish and right behind it Captain "something" that the locals flock to for excellent seafood. Bonefish is excellent as well as is Kee Grill

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
radmoo, how long does it take to get there from OP?

10 minutes!!! We love Juno Beach and Jupiter area as they are less touristy than the Palms. That is one of the reasons we really like OP. Palm Beach Shores is just such a pleasant little enclave.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Another decent Pizza place is County Line Pizza, just off Donald Ross Blvd.
It's just an average tavern that has sit down and take out pizza (thin crust).

99% of the workers running it are women (including the owner). She runs a tight ship and we found it to be very good and quite reasonable.
We tried to get into Carmine's (when it opened last February) and I just wouldn't wait the 45-55 minute for a seat, so I can't tell you how that is.
Mike

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
lots of restaurants at CITY PLACE about 30 minutes from OP. my favorite..IL BELLAGIO