Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > US - Florida

US - Florida Discussion of Florida Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Florida!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old June 26, 2010, 03:56 PM   #1
dixie
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 18, 05
Which Beachfront timeshare in Northern Florida?

I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. Not familiar with this area and the timeshares there. Would like white sand and clear water. Preferably with a pool that overlooks the beach. Anyone know of any that have at least a 2 bedroom?

Thanks

Last edited by dixie; June 26, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2010, 05:02 PM   #2
vacationhopeful

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 11, 07

Resorts: Club Wyndham Plus; Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort; RCI Points; Shell Vacation Club
OP changed search area of Florida - deleted my reply.

Last edited by vacationhopeful; June 26, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
vacationhopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2010, 05:24 PM   #3
dixie
TUG Member

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. As you can tell, I am not familiar with the area, and have heard it was beautiful. We would be driving from Texas. I tried to edit my post, but it would not let me change the title to the area I was hoping to find out about!
Old June 26, 2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Nancy

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
When do you want to go? Right now these beaches are being hit from the oil spill in the gulf and white sandy beaches are not guaranteed.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2010, 07:18 PM   #5
dixie
TUG Member

Yes, I know about the oil spill. Hopefully the oil spill will only affect this year.
We are wanting to know which resorts in the Destin/ Gulf shores region are the best. We have not been to a timeshare in this area and thought if we could drive to a pretty beach, our Son's family would join us more often.
Old June 26, 2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Bigbird130

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 27, 08

Resorts: Holiday Beach Resort Magic Tree Resort Westgate Vacation Villas Charter Club of Marco Beach
Beachfront Timeshare in Northern Florida

I own at Holiday Beach Resort in Destin and it is right on the beach.
You may have trouble getting a 2 bedroom with a beach view but give them a call
So far there hasn't been a oil spill problem according to the Destin City website
Bigbird130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2010, 11:30 AM   #7
ronandjoan

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mts, Telemark Apple Pointe, Townhouses at St Augustine, Dolphins Cove, Villa del Palmar PV
when are you planning to go,?

we like the Wyndham Beach Cottages, they are not ocean front, but right across the street and are very cozy - they are 1 BD but also with bunk beds.
some people like Majestic Sun, with ocean views.I prefer the smaller resort

In our 7th year of full-time timesharing!!...but slowing.

Our travel BLOGs
http://ronandjoanjourney.blogspot.com/

http://ddayplusanzio.blogspot.com/

by Joan
ronandjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Hophop4

TUG Member

Resorts: Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston; Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Isn't Majestic Sun across the street from the beach but since it is high rise most likely has ocean views.

We are in Panama City Beach right now. I am sitting in the living room looking right out the patio watching the waves in the gulf. No sight of any oil or tar balls so far.

Hophop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2010, 05:43 PM   #9
Don

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham National Harbor, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Sands Ocean Club, Sea Oats Beach Club
We just got back from the Wyndham at Panama City Beach. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this time. The units were nice, but the event coordination was lousy. Every excursion was cancelled. At the last minute, the welcome breakfast was changed into a fruit, cheese and cracker get together. Event coordination needs a lot of work.
Check in is across the street and the unpacking lane in front is a single lane, so you have to wait your turn. This is for both unpacking and exiting if you are behind slower people. They do have valets for parking, packing and unpacking.
The Sky Bar crosses the street on the 3rd floor (mezzanine level). It connects the rooms to the office and parking garage. There is not a direct elevator stop to it from the rooms. You either go to the third floor and climb a short flight of stairs; or go to the lobby level, cross the lobby and take the elevator on the other side.
Our unit had a master bedroom, two bunk beds and a pull out couch. Unfortunately, it had only one entrance into the bathroom. It was in the bedroom. If we had friends with us, we could have kissed privacy goodbye if they needed middle of the night bathroom visits.
The place has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of work. Mainly with Wyndham management.