• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Newbie - Kings Land

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were looking at buying an interest @ KL. 10,500 pts, 2BR every even year w/ 24k bonus points. cost is appx 25k, maint 1,500 every other year

Can we beat this looking elsewhere or is this a good deal / vacation value?

A benefit is that the loan is not reported by Hilton (we were told) on our credit....going thru a timeshare re-sale company I assume we have to get our own financing, etc. Only reason this is a benefit is that we have to go through some business financing and this not appearing on our credit right now would help

Looking at some resale prices, how likely is it that a deal would be approved by HGVC?

any help, opinions, recommendations appreciated

thanks!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Now is not a good time to be financing a timeshare purchase, especially one at that price. If you cannot afford to pay cash for a resale timeshare (and there are some incredible buys out there), you should not be trying to buy one, IMHO.

If you have already signed a contract and you are within your rescission period (could be 5-7 days--read the contract), you should rescind immediately and do some more research. You have just this one chance to rescind and the deal will be there tomorrow no matter what the salesman tells you.

You can often rent a timeshare for less than the annual maintenance fee. Why buy one and burden yourself with an obligation that will last your whole lifetime and then be passed on to your heirs.

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi,

the deal was for every even year, bi-annual? I think its called....

$25k price + 1,500 MF every other year

and yeah, we're looking at some of the deals that are listed, just wondering if they are too good to be true or how to know that you are not getting ripped off?

is anyone here familiar with Judy @ Re/Max that has listings on eBay ???

we are new to this so not so familiar with how to find rentals or the good timeshare resales.

just looking for some help from the experts out there and it is very appreciated!!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
the deal was for every even year, bi-annual? I think its called.... $25k price + 1,500 MF every other year

and yeah, we're looking at some of the deals that are listed, just wondering if they are too good to be true or how to know that you are not getting ripped off?

is anyone here familiar with Judy @ Re/Max that has listings on eBay ?

Judy Kozlowski is a resale agent who is highly recommeneded by HGVC posters.
Another is... Seth Nock @ http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

You can get some great deals resale.
Whastever you do, do not buy retail from the developer... that's a total ripoff.

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
well, someone has to buy retail, otherwise there would never be any great deals to buy re-sale so don't let the word out....oops, well just this once :whoopie:

Hopefully we've woken up in time :wall:

spoke to judy and she translated the bonus into "real dollars" and a logical view rather than the emotional purchase and sales pitch, bonus offer.

the 24,000 bonus points roughly translates to $3,500 which is off the table if we don't do the deal now, ok so $25k less 3,500 leaves it at 21,500

an example property is 8,700 pts/annual for 13.5k w/ MF 1,351 yearly I guess the 8k diff in price well justifies going re-sale

xcept for the MF seems much higher this way or is that an illusion?

1. 10,500 pts, bi-annual, MF 1,500 EOY ~ 750 EY

2. 8700 pts, annual, MF 1,350 EY

it seems like there is a slight discount with option 1 but it would take over 100 years to make up the diff

question....does the MF include the HGVC Annual Member fee?

Judy Kozlowski is a resale agent who is highly recommeneded by HGVC posters.
Another is... Seth Nock @ http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

You can get some great deals resale.
Whastever you do, do not buy retail from the developer... that's a total ripoff.

Last edited:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi,

the deal was for every even year, bi-annual? I think its called....

$25k price + 1,500 MF every other year

Which is why I said $50,000, because that is what an every year week would cost. :)

You are absolutely doing the right thing by calling resale agents. Both Judy and Seth are recognized here as very helpful.

I am glad you woke up about "bonus points" while they look quite nice at the sales table when you see them rationally as you did with Judy you see the difference.

Membership in the club is included in the MF.

Unless you absolutely have to have Kingsland, why not look at mainland clubs such as Vegas where the MF is cheaper?

Happy Hunting & Welcome to TUG :)

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which is why I said $50,000, because that is what an every year week would cost. :)

You are absolutely doing the right thing by calling resale agents. Both Judy and Seth are recognized here as very helpful.

I am glad you woke up about "bonus points" while they look quite nice at the sales table when you see them rationally as you did with Judy you see the difference.

Membership in the club is included in the MF.

Unless you absolutely have to have Kingsland, why not look at mainland clubs such as Vegas where the MF is cheaper?

Happy Hunting & Welcome to TUG :)

doh! I guess that makes sense now that I look at what you were extrapolating...yeah, i think 7,800 annual was 36k so 10,500 annual is prob right at that number. I guess there is no discount as you go up in pts.

btw, not a "need" for kings land, just that it was the property they showed us and it was very nice! loved the pools (for our girls) and the lazy river (my fav!) :whoopie:

we also love Hilton! I was already a HHonors member and have been to the Hawaii properties on Oahu once & Kona twice. Just wish they had an affordable option on Maui and anything on Kaui.

I have a ton of points left and liked the ability to convert unused pts to HHonors because I can always use those anywhere so I guess we would lean towards buying a resale prop in the HGVC system although it seems there are alot of options out there...

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"No the $99 Hilton Membership fee is not included in MF."
vs. "Membership in the club is included in the MF."
----------------------------------------------------------
Club Dues are a separate line item is included in MF statements.
But if someone owns more than one HGVC TS, they only pay it once.

A sleazy seller may "forget" to include it the advertised $$ to make the total look smaller.

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
this was not our 1st presentation by any means, we obviously went in with the "we're not buying anything" attitude, my wife especially, but once they start throwing those points out there and "vacation value" it really is difficult not to think it's a no-brainer to buy. And the Kings Land that we saw was really spectacular....not a high pressure sales effort, but it is effective

thanks again for the information. you guys have been extremely helpful!

we'll keep looking through the threads here to get educated :)