• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer of 2012 in Cozumel

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to need a 2 bedroom in Cozumel for summer of 2012. I only see up to Dec. 2011 in RCI. Does anyone know when summer of 2012 is likely to show? Should I put in a request or do they bulk deposit?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Anne

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends upon which resort you want. They could show up at any time. As soon as your plans are firm, why don't you put in an ongoing search so that you'll be positioned to catch the deposits as they come in?

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy, I tried. One out of five took and the rest said invalid codes. I sent an email to RCI to see why.

The invalid ones do come up for me at other times so I know I have enough power to pull them.

Any ideas?

Anne

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anne,
You can put in your ongoing search to be first in line, but you may still be too early for some of the resorts.

If the resorts are floating week resorts, an owner would not even be able to reserve a summer 2012 week until 12 months earlier -- meaning summer of 2011. Only fixed week owners are able to deposit 2 years out. Plus, many Mexican resorts will not let you deposit that use year until you have paid the maintenance fee on it. That would mean the depositer would have to already prepaid this years maintenance fees, next years maintenance fees (2011), plus the year after (2012). Prepaying maintenance fees can get messy because the dollar amount changes every year.

If you have a particular Cozumel resort that you prefer, you may want to look at one of the resale sites and find out if their weeks are fixed or floating. Usually fixed weeks are for the highest demand times, which for Cozumel should be December 15 through the end of April. So, I doubt you will have much trouble getting a summer week. I've even gotten Easter week at Coral Princess fairly easily a couple of years ago.

--- Rene McDaniel

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Judy, I tried. One out of five took and the rest said invalid codes.
I recently had a similar experience and called the RCI tech support. The lady there said to list the codes with a comma between each one and no spaces. Even though the example shows a space after each comma, she said not to put in the spaces.

When I re-did my list, all the codes were accepted as valid.