• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do you know which 3 bedroom to take at Star Island, Orlando?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Someone was saying that all three bedrooms weren't alike, that some have more actual beds than others. Does anyone know which resort code would guarantee three bedrooms with three actual beds and not just a sleep sofa in one bedroom?

pkyorkbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went in June. Loved it..Own in Unit 12. Did not know they had different types of rooms so I will watch this post. I have two units. One room has a King Bed, one room has two double beds, the small kitchen has a pull out sofa and the livingroom has a pull out sofa.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The floor plan I saw online had a sofa sleeper in one bedroom. That's okay for young people, but for adults, it's not so great. Most sofa sleepers are not comfortable enough for adults.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked there for next March. i believe RCI calls them two bedroom and II calls them three bedroom. It is like a Wyndham lock out unit, two bedrooms and two living areas and two bathrooms.

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Cindy

Its been a quite a while but this is how I remember it.
The first bldgs built at Star Island (Star Island I and II) included non lockout true 3 bedroom units. I believe these were the 3 story buildings very close to the clubhouse and south of it and possibly some of the 3 story ones to the west of the clubhouse right around the lake but can't remember)
The units developed by Vacation Break at Star Island and later on were the 2 bedroom plus den with sleeper sofa lockout type units that have a full kitchen in the side B and a mini kitchenete in the den in side A (the smaller side). Some of the VBR developed units were the smaller 3 story buildings (earlier ones) with the 6 story buildings being built later on (by VBR or whoever). As far as I know all the 6 story bldgs are the 2 bedroom plus den lockout type and were built later on (after they stopped building the 3 story bldgs).

The difference between the true 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom plus den is that the third bedroom in the true 3 bedroom has an actual bed (a queen?) where as the lockout has a sleeper sofa and mini kitchenete. Plus the lockout has a lockout door given you some more flexibility even when using both A&B sides.

I think the true 3 bedroom units are under the STR code but you would need to verify this with the resort as I'm not sure if they continued to use VBR for all further units or switched back to STR (possibly phase III and on ????)

True 3 bedroom non lockout units
3bed_deluxe.gif.jpg

2 bedroom plus den with sleeper sofa lockout units
1bed_deluxe_b_and_1bed_suite_is_2bed_lockoff.gif.jpg

Greg

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the help. The 3 bedroom in the floorplan above, with the beds for up to 8 people (actual beds and not sleeper sofas) would be perfect. Unfortunately, I am going to have to call the resort to verify that we will get 3 bedrooms with beds before booking anything. II is absolutely no help at all.

Wyndham definitely has some 3 bedroom units with the beds, because we saw one of those 3 bedrooms. The unit we saw had a king bed and two fulls and maybe another king bed in a third bedroom, although I don't remember as well as I should.

This is an exchange, so there are many unknowns to this.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Cindy,
This was our exchange experience with Star Island. We were initially confirmed into unit 3926, under the STR code and listed as a 3bedroom; this unit was sitting in II's online inventory. After reading through prior posts, I determined that this was in a building next to the pool, had recently been refurbished, and was part of the original resort. I thought that maybe this was a fixed week, and we would actually get this unit.

When we checked in, we were given a unit in one of the towers; I believe the unit number was 1963(building 19, 6th floor). It worked fine for us. I'm posting this because, I believe that it will be difficult to guarantee a specific room configuration, if you are only an exchanger.

Our three bedroom(2bds/den) had two sofabeds; so there was actual sleeping space for 10 bodies. Not sure I'd put two adults each sofabed, though. Kids...yes.:)