Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > US - Hawaii

US - Hawaii Discussion of Hawaii Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Hawaii!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old October 25, 2010, 11:36 PM   #1
jtridle
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 13, 05

Resorts: Fairfield points; Morritt's Tortuga Club; One Napili Way
Wyndham presentations on Kauai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm1 View Post
They seemed expensive at around $275, but we got 50% off with a timeshare presentation with Wyndam.
Can you or anyone else tell me about the Wyndham tours. We will be staying at Wyndham Bali Hai and am interested in what kinds of discounts we can get on various activities if we take the dreaded presentation. And how dreaded is it from those of you who have done it? How high pressure are they? I want to take our family on a helicopter tour and was wondering if there was a limit as to how many people you can get these discounts for? There will be six of us. Thanks for any information on these presentations.
jtridle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2010, 11:02 AM   #2
jtridle
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtridle View Post
Can you or anyone else tell me about the Wyndham tours. We will be staying at Wyndham Bali Hai and am interested in what kinds of discounts we can get on various activities if we take the dreaded presentation. And how dreaded is it from those of you who have done it? How high pressure are they? I want to take our family on a helicopter tour and was wondering if there was a limit as to how many people you can get these discounts for? There will be six of us. Thanks for any information on these presentations.
Is there no one out there who has recently done a tour at Wyndham Bali Hai that can help answer my query? Thanks.
Old November 1, 2010, 02:58 PM   #3
teepeeca
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Wink

I haven't done the Wyndham (Bali Hai) tour for a year or two. It isn't "all that bad" ---depends upon how new the weasel ---er---sales agent is. Many times, I know "much more" about the product/timeshare than the "presenter". Just remember to "say NO" !!!

Discounts for activities might be limited to 4 people. However --- make it known that you will need 6 discounted tickets (the helicopter tickets ARE NOT free), and that you would have to decline going to the presentation, if you couldn get the discounts for all of the tickets.

Also check out the --- www.101thingstodo.com --- site for various helicopter/activities sites, to see what the cost would be if you booked with them directly.

Tony
teepeeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2010, 03:23 PM   #4
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
The last time we were invited to do a Wyndham presentation for an activity discount, I asked to see the discounts in advance. I asked for prices on 3 trips I had already prebooked from home using the best prices I could find online. In all 3 cases, their price after the discount was higher in price than the same activity I had already booked on my own.

my webpage
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2010, 06:55 PM   #5
lbertera

TUG Member

Resorts: Solmar (3 weeks) Sudwala FoxHill
We did it in September and was out the door in 50 minutes. We got a dinner cruise up the Napali coast as our gift ($125) plus discounts that we did not use.
lbertera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2010, 11:30 PM   #6
mjm1
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 10, 08

Resorts: Marriott Desert Springs Villas I; Ko Olina; DC Trust Points; Welk Resorts Platinum Program; Westin Kierland Viilas
The presentation was moderate pressure, but we managed to get out in 90 minutes. They presented several price points depending on what we might want to do, and when we said "no" they pushed on a couple of the smaller packages. But we continued to say "no" and ended it.

This trip was just my wife and I so we didn't ask about additional discounts. As mentioned by others, ask up front and you may get more.
mjm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Cathyb

TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott DSV I & Newport Coast; Westin Mission Hills; The Whaler/Maui July 4; Pono Kai/Kauai /Wk 52; Worldmark; Carlsbad
Lightbulb Ask for cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtridle View Post
At Wyndham Kona we turned down the discount package and started to walk away. The lobby salesman called out $125 cash (on Amex credit card type) and we accepted the 'invitation'. You might try that
Old November 4, 2010, 10:40 AM   #8
lolibeachgirl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 12, 09
I just did it mid Oct. at Bali Hai, had a nice sales person...but we weren't doing any activities I hadn't already booked online for a discount, so we got the $100 Amex gift card.
lolibeachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2010, 07:36 PM   #9
Kneiland
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 15, 06

Resorts: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas Summer Bay Resort
We took the Wyndham tour at Bali Hai in September and got discounted tickets for a fantastic helicopter tour for 2, half price tickets for South Pacific at KBV for 4 and discount tickets for the Kilohana Plantation Luau for 4. We booked these at the Kauai Beach Villas conceige.

We didn't book anything in advance, but I had an idea of the online discounts. Overall, I was very pleased with the discounts for the 3 activities, which were fabulous, especially the 1 hour helicopter tour on a perfect, cloudless day. So I felt our 1 1/2 hour timeshare presentation was worth our effort. I had no problem telling the sales agent "No", since I didn't see the value of the Wyndham points. Plus, I wasn't impressed with Bali Hai at all.
Kneiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2010, 08:56 PM   #10
BMWguynw

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 1, 06

Resorts: Kauai Beach Villas
Have spouse and a family member using our exchanged week at Kauai Beach Villas this week. They were pitched on check-in to attend the Bali Hai presentation, and the best they were offered was $125 on an Amex gift card. They declined the invitation.

Dave
BMWguynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2010, 09:20 PM   #11
jacknsara
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05

Resorts: Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan reg Feb 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWguynw View Post
Have spouse and a family member using our exchanged week at Kauai Beach Villas this week ... Dave
Aloha Dave,
Just curious - what unit assignment did they get with the exchange?
Jack
jacknsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2010, 09:10 AM   #12
jtridle
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneiland View Post
We took the Wyndham tour at Bali Hai in September and got discounted tickets for a fantastic helicopter tour for 2, half price tickets for South Pacific at KBV for 4 and discount tickets for the Kilohana Plantation Luau for 4. We booked these at the Kauai Beach Villas conceige.
What helicopter tour company did you use? I want to do this while we are over there staying at Bali Hai in January. How much of a discount did you get on these things, if you remember and if you don't mind sharing? what was it you didn't like about staying at Bali Hai? Thanks.
Old November 17, 2010, 04:26 AM   #13
vctnman

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 4, 10
We toured in Sept at Bali Hai, bought, then rescinded, and found
the same thing on the secondary market for one twelfth the
price. About to open escrow on that... we thought the maintenance
fees just about the cheapest on the Islands.
vctnman is offline   Reply With Quote