Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old November 16, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1
purduebek

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 5, 05
Creative Accommodations II LLC?

Has anyone dealt with this company for rental or sale. The email I received states: 9494 Ulmerton Rd Bldg. 3, Largo, Fl. 33771, Phone: 1-888-670-9988
Fax: 1-727-470-2801
purduebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2010, 03:07 PM   #2
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Hi and welcome to TUG -

ANY company that charges a large upfront fee is going to scam you - PERIOD.

We see it every day - don't do it!

my webpage
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 02:52 PM   #3
loisk749

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 10
Smile Re: Creative Accommodations II

I found the cost low, particularly in comparison with other services I've used. They also told me how to get my money back from the other companies, (got back 3x what I paid them). More importantly, they had a renter waiting for my time. Turnaround from sign-up to receiving rent - 12 days. If anyone has anything better, please let me know!
loisk749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4
teepeeca
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Question

Notice how many postings the "respondents" have made on the TUG forums. Somebody "smell" something ???!!!

Tony
teepeeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 04:19 PM   #5
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
Another painfully obvious shill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teepeeca View Post
Notice how many postings the "respondents" have made on the TUG forums. Somebody "smell" something ???!!!
Yup. One first post asks "Have you heard of XYZ?", another first post responds "Yes, they are wonderful."

I was born very early in the morning --- but not yesterday morning...
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 04:31 PM   #6
BevL

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 22, 04
Oh, please, it's Sunday. Don't these people take a day off once in a while?
BevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Stefa
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05
One Stop SCAM Shop

Impressive. These folks have all the scams operating at the same time.
Stefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Rent_Share
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
Quote:
Originally Posted by teepeeca View Post

Tony

Smells like shi......

......ll
Rent_Share is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2011, 08:54 PM   #9
newenglander

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 20, 11
My sister owns a timeshare in Florida that she never uses. Has paid $300. to creative accommodations ... now they are calling saying they need more money ... totalling almost $900. to rent her time for about $3500. Why do they now 'need more money'?

I can't believe she actually paid someone who called out of the blue saying 'we have a renter for your timeshare' and paid them up front. How did they even know she owns it since she did not contact them? If they are legit, why do they call and call and stay on the phone with her for ages trying to convince her they are? They tell her they can't take commission after the renter pays because that's not legal. why?

They promised to send her some paperwork in the mail, nothing came. why??

Looking up creative accommodations online I found this:

Creative Accommodations L.L.C. is located at 7737 Ulmerton Rd Ste 143 Largo, FL 33771. The officers include Shelly L Reynolds. Creative Accommodations L.L.C. was incorporated on Thursday, May 19, 2005 in the State of FL and is currently not active. Shelly L Reynolds represents Creative Accommodations L.L.C. as their registered agent.

It took quite a lot of digging to find a website for them

I find no listing using an online search for a simple business phone number ... if they are a reputable company, why?

My sister has used agents before, paid a fee, and no rental happened. I don't understand this.

I want her to demand her money back or to discuss this with her bank how to get it back and at least not pay more to them ... and to inquire with the attorney general in Florida about them.

I found this forum by googling the creative people. So far, I'm not feeling very good about what I've seen.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I assume this company has an alert set up so they know when someone posts about them ... so I anticipate that I will see a response from them.
newenglander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2011, 10:28 PM   #10
dan_hoog
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Marriott Aruba Surf Marriott OceanWatch
At least these threads show up in Google searches very fast. Helps protect future people that do any research at all.

If the LLC registration isn't valid, you might be able to scare them into thinking they have extra personal exposure. A tactic to try if you can get them on the phone again.

Also, be sure to report to the attorneys general in the state in which you reside and in which they appear to reside.

Good luck.
dan_hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2011, 11:55 AM   #11
LannyPC
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 5, 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglander View Post
Why do they now 'need more money'?

Because it's a scam and they're trying to milk as much money out of her as they can.

How did they even know she owns it since she did not contact them?

There are a couple of different theories about that. One is that they look up owners in the public records with all the owners' information available to the public. Another is that these scammers are former disgruntled employees of the resort and/or exchange company with which the resort is affiliated and the resort has the owners' info.

If they are legit, why do they call and call and stay on the phone with her for ages trying to convince her they are?

They'll tell all sorts of lies just to get that upfront fee.

They tell her they can't take commission after the renter pays because that's not legal. why?

Technically, in order for someone to take a commission out of the sale, that person has to be a licensed real estate broker (which this company is not).

They promised to send her some paperwork in the mail, nothing came. why??

Possibly because of the credit card policy. The credit card company gives the purchaser 30 days, or so, to dispute any charge. If the paper work comes after that and the customer realizes (s)he as been had, (s)he has no recourse with the credit card.
Stay away from them!
LannyPC is offline   Reply With Quote