Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Exchanging

Exchanging Discuss all aspects of exchanging timeshare intervals here including RCI Points, whether through Exchange Companies (RCI, II and Others), or directly with other owners. Please no advertisements which belong elsewhere on TUG. Ads will be deleted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 16, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Terry D
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Marriott Harbour Pt., HGVC Flamingo, Aquamarine Villas, Breezy Point, Sheraton Vistana & Dikhololo.
RCI Membership Deals

I received a telephone call today from RCI saying my account expires early next year. They offered a 1 year membership at $124, 2 years $229 and 3 years $319. Are there any two for one or special deals available for RCI membership?
Terry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2010, 10:01 PM   #2
ultrabd
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 28, 09

Resorts: mayan palace shell vacation club
rci membership dues

my renewal is up in feb and a one year renewal is 89.00
ultrabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2010, 07:52 AM   #3
AFARR
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 15, 10

Resorts: OBX Beach club II Barrier Island Station Duck x2 (RCI points on one of them). Sea Scape (Kitty Hawk)..
I thought the $89 was weeks..

$124 was Points membership.

AFARR
AFARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Terry D
TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott Harbour Pt., HGVC Flamingo, Aquamarine Villas, Breezy Point, Sheraton Vistana & Dikhololo.
Yes, it is my points account.
Terry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Timeshare Von

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 13, 06

Resorts: FF/Wyndham Myrtle Beach/Westwinds (77k), Lifetime in Hawaii (Oahu)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
I received a telephone call today from RCI saying my account expires early next year. They offered a 1 year membership at $124, 2 years $229 and 3 years $319. Are there any two for one or special deals available for RCI membership?
It looks like they're giving you a deal to renew for more than one year. I have never in my 25+ years of membership in their weeks program seen anything close to 2:1 memberhship. It used to be, you could get a 5 yr renewal relatively inexpensively, at a nice discount.
Old January 31, 2011, 02:01 PM   #6
tlobo

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 15, 07
RCI Weeks Renewal Deal till 15-feb-2011 -$90 for 2 years

Just got my RCI Weeks extended for a further 2 years for $90. It is $89 for one year and $90 for two. The reference # for the offer is 290649 and I believe it is good tll 15-Feb-2011. I think it is good for RCI Weeks only but did not really check.

Just wanted to share this with folk that want to extend. Call 1-800-338-7777 by Feb 15,2011 to take advantage of this special offer.
tlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2011, 02:47 PM   #7
elaine
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05

Resorts: Waterside (HHI), DVC
just got the 2-1. thanks, Elaine
elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2011, 06:18 PM   #8
jasad
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 9, 05
I just got the 2-1 deal. Great deal for 2 years.
jasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2011, 10:54 AM   #9
elcid86

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 26, 06

Resorts: Summit at Massanutten 2 x 2BR
Awesome, just got it too.
Old February 6, 2011, 05:05 PM   #10
jazzlow
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 26, 05

Resorts: Tamarack Beack Resort 1 and 2 bdrm Lawrence Welk Resort Villas
damn RCI
told me that offer with that reference # only for a certain resort. I had just renewed my membership 36 days ago and tried to get 2 yr deal with my $89 paid last month

Last edited by jazzlow; February 6, 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: incomplete
jazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2011, 05:51 PM   #11
mom2kids

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11

Resorts: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan, Mexico
Last year while exchanging our week thru RCI I was offered to renew for 3 more yrs at $199.... so I did.
mom2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 08:05 AM   #12
hsmamato2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 11
what if I have to renew,but not till late March? am I out of luck for the special?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 08:55 AM   #13
redmac
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 28, 07

Resorts: Powhattan Massanutten Woodstone
2 Years for $90

Just got the 2 years for $90 -- you have to give them the Promotion code of 290649 -- otherwise they know nothing! Thanks for the heads up.

Redmac:
redmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 09:32 AM   #14
Tfish
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 20, 08

Resorts: Waterside by Spinnaker, HHI, SC. Royal Haciendas, Playa del Carmen
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
what if I have to renew,but not till late March? am I out of luck for the special?
I didn't have to renew until Jan 12 but just renewed for 2 years for $90.
I now do not have to renew until Jan 14.

I used the coupon 290649.

The first attendant said that I didn't qualify for that coupon but the next time that I called an attendant gave it to me.

Good deal even if I only use it for Getaways.

Mike
Tfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 09:33 AM   #15
jlwquilter
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 24, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlow View Post
damn RCI
told me that offer with that reference # only for a certain resort. I had just renewed my membership 36 days ago and tried to get 2 yr deal with my $89 paid last month
Call back and see what they will do. Tell them you renewed 36 days ago but just recieved the promo code and wish to use that instead. Worse case they say no and you are in the same place you are right now. You can also use the promo code and extend for another 2 years past what you just paid for 36 days ago.
jlwquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 09:34 AM   #16
jlwquilter
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Renew now using the promo code. They will extend your membership out 2 years from your current expiration date so you don't lose anything by extending early.
Old February 7, 2011, 10:43 AM   #17
CherylC
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 25, 07

Resorts: Snowbird, UT Cliff Club Breckenridge, CO Valdoro
OK, tried it but said I had to fax or email the offer to them as it wasn't part of my account; agent said only Trading Places owners where to receive this offer.
CherylC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 11:01 AM   #18
MLR
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 14, 10

Resorts: Paniolo Greens, Waikoloa, HI (Big Island)
RCI Deal Question

Can a person join RCI without banking their week? We may yet use our week for 2011. We would like to join RCI for two years for $90 - just to test them out - with last minute getaways, etc.

How hard would it be to bank a week on the Big Island of HI and get a week in Mexico - Cancun preferably? Our week in floating - good anytime in 2011. Thanks everyone.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 11:23 AM   #19
WINSLOW

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 19, 08

Resorts: Marriott, SVN, DVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLR View Post
Can a person join RCI without banking their week? We may yet use our week for 2011. We would like to join RCI for two years for $90 - just to test them out - with last minute getaways, etc.

How hard would it be to bank a week on the Big Island of HI and get a week in Mexico - Cancun preferably? Our week in floating - good anytime in 2011. Thanks everyone.
Yes, I joined a couple of weeks ago, did the sign up online. It asked what resort we owned and our name ,etc. 2 minutes later I got an email with our RCI ID # and how to log into our acct online. I don't see how they even had time to check if we actually owned a T/S. When I called into pay the membership fee they let me use the discount code and said I was good to go. I didn't deposit until a week after.

After you set up your account online you can use the deposit calculator to see what your week is worth. There is alot of Cancun, you can get Studio - 2 Bedroom for anywhere between 6 - 20 TP
WINSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 11:23 AM   #20
Mully
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 7, 11
RCI Discount Renewal

I also called RCI and was told that this discount code only applied to Trading Places International Members and I did not qualify for this discount.
Mully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2011, 11:34 AM   #21
jlwquilter
TUG Member

I wonder if RCI is cracking down on the code usage as there may have been a larger than anticipated response

Some people have had good results by simply calling back a few times and getting lucky with a different rep.
Old February 8, 2011, 10:12 AM   #22
ran-ran

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 28, 09

Resorts: Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and Vacation Village at Parkway and Quarter House
What a phone call

I just called RCI to take advantage of the 2 year renewal for $90.00 and this is what happened to me.

First, I was on hold; off and on for about 30 minutes before they finally got back to me to take my credit card information and charge me for the $90.00 to extend my membership to 2018. Whew!

After the credit card was processed they advised me that they had to change my account number and that I would need to create a new user name to login.

What?

To make the point as quickly as I can, let me sum this up the best I know how. The new timeshare week I purchased at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort through a resale on eBay for which I actually gave them my RCI number to the closing company because I just confirmed my records BTW. They obviously didn't communicate that to the management company. Well, VRI, the management company of the resort had assigned me a new RCI number.

When I went to renew, they did it on the new account number. After about an hour on the phone I have a new RCI account number and all of my weeks, vacations plans membership expiration, etc. have been transferred over. At first I thought they were assigning me a new number because I had recently relinquished my Seapointer timeshares and RCI would do away with the 2049 prefix. Who knows?

Anyway, the conclusion is that I got my two year extension for $90.00, a new account number and user name and a hour of my day gone and I am not sure what the heck Trading Places Owners mentioned prior in the discussion is because I am not a member or user, at least to my knowledge.
Old February 8, 2011, 12:16 PM   #23
Hophop4

TUG Member

Resorts: Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston; Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I don't know what RCI has to do with Trading Places. Isn't this an independent exchange company? Maybe RCI got a members list and is trying to offer special RCI promo to TI members for their business. They never mentioned TI to me.

Hophop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2011, 02:02 PM   #24
mlnuwer
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 29, 09

Resorts: Lawrence Welk Villas, Escondido, CA Vistana, Orlando Olympic Village, Tahoe
I tried to call RCI and get the $90 rate for two years and was told that Grand Pacific Resorts pays my membership. I do not even own at a GPR resort. My Olympic Resort has been getting a lot of these calls from people like me. They do not pay our membership fees and they do not offer this as an option when paying your maintenance fees. RCI rep to call me. I have been on the phone most of the morning with RCI and cannot get good rate or even renew at any rate. I guess I will let my membership lapse. They are much too frustrating to work with.
mlnuwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2011, 02:27 PM   #25
cxr

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 26, 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlnuwer View Post
I tried to call RCI and get the $90 rate for two years and was told that Grand Pacific Resorts pays my membership. I do not even own at a GPR resort. My Olympic Resort has been getting a lot of these calls from people like me. They do not pay our membership fees and they do not offer this as an option when paying your maintenance fees. RCI rep to call me. I have been on the phone most of the morning with RCI and cannot get good rate or even renew at any rate. I guess I will let my membership lapse. They are much too frustrating to work with.
does anyone knows what happens to a banked week if you let your membership expire? last year i banked a week and have not made an exchange yet and my RCI membership expires in April.
cxr is offline   Reply With Quote