• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVR Courts Kicking Off

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Received the following message from SVR:

Dear (bank63),

Hello. At Sheraton Vistana Resort, we’re always working to make sure your next vacation is as memorable as your last. With this thought, please be aware of renovations that may coincide with your 2011 vacation.

To enhance future visits to your Home Resort, the villas in the Courts phase will undergo a complete refurbishment beginning in February 2011 and continuing through July 2011. Should your deeded villa not be available during your deeded vacation week, you’ll be accommodated in an equally inviting villa with the same number of bedrooms. This alternate villa may or may not be located in the Courts phase.

Your patience is greatly appreciated during this refurbishment. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may experience and will do everything we can to ensure that you have an enjoyable vacation experience.

For assistance planning your Orlando vacation, please contact the Vacation Services Desk upon your arrival. A representative will be happy to share information about theme parks, resort activities and events, and area excursions to make your vacation unforgettable. Prior to your arrival, you may visit mystarcentral.com, your Owners-only website, for airfare, rental cars and more.

For reservation information, please call Owner Services toll free in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico at 888 SV OWNER (786 9637) or direct at 407 903 4649.

Everyone here is looking forward to seeing you soon. Have a safe trip.

Warm regards,

Glen Vlasic
General Manager​

Courts is the final phase to undergo renovations, so as of July we can finally put to rest the "what sections do I need to ask for to get a new unit" question.:clap:

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
it's possible after the renovation they will offer courts owners into the svn. that is what they did to us with our fountains.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana

Hi

Thanks so much for all your help!

Cyn

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Status

Seeing this thread bumped, thought I would give an update.

On our recent (Week 11) trip, we were indeed moved from our Courts unit to a nice upper 2BR unit in the Springs section. A walk around Courts showed about 25% cordoned off behind hoarding and being actively reno'ed. Our unit was not yet under renovation, but it was right next to the construction, and we were told that ours was supposed to have started that week. The site seemed a lot more active than what we saw going on last March, so it looks like they are really pushing to finish up on time (well months late actually, but on time for the umpteenth schedule revision).

Really looking forward to seeing the finished product, although we won't likely be back "home" until 2013.

Last edited:

chrisobb

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Resort on Cocoa Beach, Wyndham
Not sure how active this post will be but I just traded into a loft unit and from what I have read, they are in Courts section. Is this accurate and do you think it is safe to stay in Courts to get a refurbed unit for late August?
I have a day to change my mind with RCI.
Thanks

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure how active this post will be but I just traded into a loft unit and from what I have read, they are in Courts section. Is this accurate and do you think it is safe to stay in Courts to get a refurbed unit for late August?
I have a day to change my mind with RCI.
Thanks

Hi Chris,

You should be very safe. We were there in March and they were well underway with Courts (about 1/3 of the Courts units closed down for renovation). Since they are projecting a September finish, I would expect that only renovated units would be open by August - the last units would be just finishing up. The biggest risk to you might be being close to the construction zone, but they did not seem overly disruptive when we were there. They should probably be working on interior finishes at that time.

The upper units with loft are huge (that's our unit), although the second BR has only 2 single beds. The loft functions well as a third bedroom and is very private, but open to noise from the living area.

P.S. - aaaanndd I just noticed my answer is about 10 hours too late! Sorry!! If you didn't change up, you should be happy with your choice!

bulldogz

Reaction score
it's possible after the renovation they will offer courts owners into the svn. that is what they did to us with our fountains.

Out of curiosity, how many owners of Courts would join the SVN if offered? Is it worth it with all the II rule change?

I own a loft court and when I went to those sales pitch the last couple of years and the points that was offered to me for my unit (if I were to buy another unit), I was surprise I could not even get a 2bdrooms unit for the same week (summer)

just would like to hear some feedback/advice in order to make a decision if they do offer the owner of courts membership in svn.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here is a discussion about that issue - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83438

I would not join because I wouldn't get very many Staroptions, and I don't want to pay the $119 SVN fee. I think I get more value out of my voluntary weeks in II.

bulldogz

Reaction score
Here is a discussion about that issue - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83438

I would not join because I wouldn't get very many Staroptions, and I don't want to pay the $119 SVN fee. I think I get more value out of my voluntary weeks in II.

Thank You Denise for your advise

I am happy with my July week, and my wife and kids love the unit. We have been visiting our unit the last 2 years (since we purchased it) and will be back again this year.

I wasnt sure if I would be missing anything if i didn't join, now I am sure to say no thanks if the offer is given to me. :D

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You Denise for your advise

I am happy with my July week, and my wife and kids love the unit. We have been visiting our unit the last 2 years (since we purchased it) and will be back again this year.

I wasnt sure if I would be missing anything if i didn't join, now I am sure to say no thanks if the offer is given to me. :D

FYI, if SVR is your only timeshare, that SVN fee basically replaces an II fee. So it may or may not be really that much of an additional fee.

I would consider joining if you think you may want to use Staroptions in the future. Some Starwood resorts do not put much inventory in II for certain periods (Harborside in Summer/Spring; WSJ at all; March in Scottsdale; ski weeks).

The amount of Staroptions you get for SVR is low, so you might only be able to get a small 1Br or studio during prime time in AZ or CO (but you at least have that option). You have enough staroptions to get a large 1BR in the summer or a small 1BR in the spring/winter at Harborside. It is supposedly difficult but not impossible to get reservations at WSJ or Harborside if you are persistent.

If any of those things sound like you'd want to do, you may only have one chance to convert to SVN.

If you don't want to put you kids sleeping on the couch (trust me I know a 2BR is way more convenient) and always need a 2BR, then maybe SVN is a waste of money.