Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Mexico

Mexico Discussion of Mexican Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Mexico!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 26, 2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Al D
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 15, 05
Pueblo Bonito Changes

Does anyone know what's up with Pueblo Bonito and RCI?
I tried to do a search for a Pueblo week not currently available and they said they don't do Pueblo Bonito searches anymore.
I asked about the 2 searches I have had ongoing for the last 3 months and they said they were cancelled. I was online at the time and could tell they weren't cancelled.
Then 2 hours later, they showed up online as cancelled.
I then booked a tradewith a VC and they told me the new internal trade fee is $259
WHAT???
After some terse conversation they said that includes vacation insurance. They are apparently being told to include it in the price to get more people to take it.
The VC couldn't tell me why no searches.
Anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Al
Al D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2011, 08:33 AM   #2
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
I can search online for PB's in cabo and mazatlan without a problem. and I don't believe that RCI rep, speak with another
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Al D
TUG Member

So far I have talked to 3 VC and they all say the same thing.
You can search online, or they can search for weeks.
What they won't do is an "ongoing search". Kind of like being camped on hold for a unit when it comes available.
I have a 3br and to get another 3br I normally have to do and ongoing search to get one.
Old January 27, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Rene McDaniel
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al D View Post
I then booked a trade with a VC and they told me the new internal trade fee is $259. WHAT???
Wow! That IS weird.

We have had a confirmed exchange into PB Sunset for Spring Break for over 9 months now. We've got airline tix and we're all set to go. I checked online and my confirmation is still in my RCI account this morning. We are PB owners, so I would be upset with both RCI & PBonito if they stopped honoring confirmed exchanges.

Have you tried calling the dedicated Pueblo Bonito owners phone line at RCI? Maybe they could give you more help/information as to what is going on. Their toll-free phone number is 1-888-909-4399.

Post back and let us know what happens. I remember talking to the PB desk awhile back, and hearing that they were trying to get PB resort preferences for PB owners after the last round of RCI changes to the Weeks program. I wonder if RCI and Pueblo Bonito have had some sort of falling out -- and possibly PB would be switching to Interval International (I.I.) for any future exchanges. THAT would be interesting. DVC has hopped around from RCI to I.I., and now back to RCI. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes between Pueblo Bonito and RCI?

-- Rene

Last edited by Rene McDaniel; January 27, 2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
Rene McDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Al D
TUG Member

I have been dealing with the owners desk the whole time I dont think the regular desk will even talk to you if you own at PB.
My online searches and my confirmed vacations are fine, but apparently you can't do an ongoing search for PB any more.
If anyone finds out different, please let me know.
Thanks,
Al
Old February 7, 2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Al D
TUG Member

Has anyone else been started on ongoing search for Pueblo Bonito?
My freind, a non Pueblo Bonito owner gave me his account info and I proceeded to call RCI with his information. No problem starting an ongoing search.
I wonder if they are letting non owers do a search, but not owners? why would they do that?
Thanks,
Al
Old February 8, 2011, 01:33 AM   #7
Karen G

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 17, 04

Resorts: Pueblo Bonito Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al D View Post
I wonder if they are letting non owers do a search, but not owners? why would they do that?
I wonder if they are making a concerted effort to get non-owners to stay at the resort in order to get them to do a timeshare presentation?
Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2011, 07:22 AM   #8
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
I wonder if they are making a concerted effort to get non-owners to stay at the resort in order to get them to do a timeshare presentation?
that would be a good guess. Besides the 1 in 4 to keep exchangers who don't buy out, they are also taking a similar approach for owners by restricting ongoing requests, basically giving non-owners priority over new deposits over owners. Unless there is some PB preference period on new deposits that I don't know about.
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2011, 09:17 AM   #9
Karen G

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 17, 04

Resorts: Pueblo Bonito Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by siesta View Post
Unless there is some PB preference period on new deposits that I don't know about.
I don't know if it's still in effect, but at one time they said owner deposits would be made available only for other owners up to 120 days prior to the check-in date. At that time they would become available to any exchanger.

However, developer deposits don't fall into that category and I would imagine that there are a lot of developer deposits at Sunset Beach in Cabo and Emerald Bay in Mazatlan since they are actively selling there. Those deposits might show up at any time, I'm guessing.
Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2011, 07:11 PM   #10
rpennisi

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 26, 10

Resorts: Shawnee, Sheraton Buganvilias, Mayan Palace, Polo Towers Villas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
However, developer deposits don't fall into that category and I would imagine that there are a lot of developer deposits at Sunset Beach in Cabo and Emerald Bay in Mazatlan since they are actively selling there. Those deposits might show up at any time, I'm guessing.
You are correct, 79 units available on RCI for Sunset Beach in Cabo for February 2012, by far more units than any of the other resorts in Cabo for that month.
rpennisi is offline   Reply With Quote