• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe Building / Restaurant Recommendations?

bluesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our family is heading off to Ocean Pointe next month! Although we own at O.P., we haven't been back to the property in the past 6 years.

Does anyone have any recommendations for us with regard to specific building requests? Which buildings have been most recently renovated? Any new features to check out at the property?

Any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions!
Doug

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as restaurants we always visit Capt Charlie's Reef Grill, Jetty's, PA BBQ and we found a great pizza place down by Clematis St. last year. I think the name is Hot Pie. It's very good.

As far as Bldg recommendations Sailfish just went through the 10 yr refurb and Kingfish just completed the 5 yr refurb. Other than that Bldg choice is dependant on so many factors it's hard to recommend one. Do a search for Ocean Pointe threads and you'll find volumes of opinions on each bldg.

If you haven't been to OP in a few years I think you'll be amazed at the changes and improvements.

Davidr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Panama Hattie's. The views were nice but the foods was mediocre at best. We like the Riverhouse on PGA blvd for a kids free dinner. We go every year. The prices were up when we ate there last summer.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Stay away from Panama Hattie's. The views were nice but the foods was mediocre at best. We like the Riverhouse on PGA blvd for a kids free dinner. We go every year. The prices were up when we ate there last summer.

After several years of having nice lunches there, I now have to agree, Panama Hatties has dropped off our list of restaurants to visit.

We also use to enjoy the Crab House. However, much like Panama Hattie's, our last visit will most likely be our last visit. The food was very sub-par for the price. Jetty's is right next door with similar views and, the one time we had dinner there the meal was excellent.

I can't really say that overall, we have any more favorite restaurants in this area. We had a nice meal at Okachobee (sp?) Steak House a couple of years ago. We also generally enjoy breakfast and lunch at Sailfish Marina but have found dinner a little on the expensive side and the meal underwhelming. This past year lunch was so hot at Sailfish but, it could have just been a bad day.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our favorite restaurant continues to be Carmine's La Trattoria on PGA. They have an excellent filet, great seafood and Italian. There is also an outside dining area overlooking the marina.

There is a Bonefish Grill near the grocery (Publix?) that has always been good, and offers carry-out (to enjoy on your balcony). On our last visit, one of our best meals was at the Solu Restaurant in the Marriott Suites Singer Island Resort overlooking the beach. We used a Dinner for 2 certificate when we were there, but I am not sure that they still accept them. Make sure to tell the parking attendant you are eating in the restaurant and parking will be free.

We usually stop at Costco (at the exit just north of Blue Heron) to stock up on wine, coffee, and food for lunch and snacks. Their chicken salad wraps were better than most restaurants'.

wof45

TUG Member
Reaction score
we like Johnny Longboats, but then, we are not gourmets

what do you expect from people who also like LuLus Bait Shack at Beachplace towers?

bluesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for each of your suggestions!!

Forgot to mention that we have 3 kids with us between 6-10... is there a "better" building with regard to either kids' activities/pools or an adult fitness center?

Any nice breakfast spots?!

Thanks again!
Doug

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
With kids, I'd prefer either Sailfish or Dolphin. Those two are closer to the family pools and activities but, they can be a little noiser with the evening entertainment the resort brings in.

We don't go out for breakfast very often but, we usually make at least one trip to Sailfish Marina for breakfast and maybe once for lunch. It's not so much for the food but the atmosphere, view and relaxation. Typically we get there early enough we can get a table by the front windows and enjoy the fresh air and view. I'm not going to rave about the food but, it's always been decent and the prices are OK. A little higher maybe than I'd like to pay but reasonable with all things considered.

In my previous post I ment to say that lunch WASN'T so hot (great) at Sailfish. The lunch time service left a lot to be desired that afternoon as well. It could have just been a bad day. Overall, throughout the years Sailfish has been decent.

In the past we've eaten lunch quite a few times at Duffy's Sports Bar and Grill. This past year we were somewhat disappointed in Duffy's. The food was hit and miss and, they had issues getting us credit on our frequent customer card. We should have had a $10 credit but, they refused to give it to us and blamed a computer glitch. This coming Nov. we'll go back one more time. If they don't cough up the credit they owe us and, if the food is still hit and miss, Duffy's won't see us as customers anymore either. I don't take poor customer service very well and tend to find new favorites when old favorites fail us.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although we haven't been there for a few years, the hotel just north of OP was a good option for breakfast. Food was good, prices reasonable, and you could eat outside on the top floor overlooking the beach. I think it is a Best Western, but I'm not sure since it has been awhile. Like Doug, we usually don't go out for breakfast.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Although we haven't been there for a few years, the hotel just north of OP was a good option for breakfast. Food was good, prices reasonable, and you could eat outside on the top floor overlooking the beach. I think it is a Best Western, but I'm not sure since it has been awhile. Like Doug, we usually don't go out for breakfast.

It use to be a Best Western (Sea Spray Inn I think is the name) but, on our last trip, I noticed the Best Western part seemed to be missing from the name.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed twice in Kingfish but I agree with kids you probably want to be "where the action is" and not away from it!
As for restaurants, Cathy's in Juno Beach is a favorite for breakfast, lunch or casual dinner, kid friendly and the food is scrumptious.