• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Platinum Upgrade

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Been watching a thread on the Starwood board with info about a new Platinum upgrade for II accounts that's available now. (from TUGger rickandcindy23)
... You get free guest certificates, and I do about two every year, so that is a savings, and there is a discount of $50 on Getaways. ... $129 per year extra.

We had talked about whether the new/corporate accounts for enrolling in the DC could be upgraded to Gold for a fee in the Do you plan to ... and MGV Owner Presentation ... threads. Looking this morning it appears the new Plat upgrade is also available in these accounts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just started to look at this today on IIs website. There are sopme pretty good benefits. The airport lounge access ($99 value) will almost pay for the upgrade.

We don't use guest certificates very often, but do sometimes buy two or more getaways in a year. So it may be a worthwhile upgrade at some point.

I wonder if there is any discounts for multi-year memberships?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Platinum Member Benefits

For those interested, here are all the benefits.

$50 Getaway DiscountGetaways are the ultra-affordable way to travel more often. As an Interval Platinum member, you get $50 off every Getaway, no matter where or when you book. It really does pay to travel.

Airport Lounge MembershipWith complimentary enrollment in the Standard Priority Pass program ($99 value), you'll have access to more than 600 airport VIP lounges in over 100 countries and 300 cities.

Free Guest CertificatesWant to share your love of a great vacation?

Interval Platinum members may assign the use of your exchange or Getaway accommodations to friends and family members, at no extra cost.($49 value).

Priority Getaway AccessPlatinum membership has its privileges. Enjoy exclusive access to Getaways before others.

When you see the priority-viewing indicator on a Getaway at IntervalWorld.com, you'll know the cream of the crop is yours for the taking.

ShortStay ExchangeSMLooking to travel, but for less than a week?

ShortStay Exchange lets you exchange your resort week for two separate vacations - each one from as few as two nights to as many as six!

Points-based members can make as many ShortStay Exchanges as their available points allow. Explore the ShortStay Exchange opportunities available today.

Companion Airline Travel Program
Your companion airfare certificate gives you great airline rates when you book two round-trip tickets.

Simply register the Companion Pin printed on the certificate you received in your membership kit prior to the Register By date. Once registered, you'll receive an activated voucher by mail, which will contain instructions on how to purchase your airline tickets.

Platinum EscapesExperience the ultimate in last-minute travel with deeply discounted vacation weeks available by e-mail invitation only.

Platinum Escapes are always changing, so keep an eye on your in-box, as you never know what amazing Platinum members-only deals will show up.

Platinum ConciergeSMWith Platinum Concierge, you have the services of a personal assistant 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's a great way to simplify your life and save time. Get restaurant reservations, concert tickets, shopping tips, and more.

Interval Options®Decisions, decisions ...
Whether you choose to sail the high seas, indulge your golf cravings, or relax your mind, body, and soul at a spa, with Interval Gold or Interval Platinum you’'ve got more options than ever for your next vacation exchange.
The unique Interval Options service lets you trade your week toward the purchase of a cruise or accommodations at a golf or spa resort.

Cruise Exchange — Cruise to exciting destinations such as the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Alaska with some of the world's most popular cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Disney, Princess, Celebrity, and more.
• Cruise Exchange FAQ's

Golf And Spa Exchange — Customize your ideal golf or spa vacation exchange package to accommodate your taste and budget at famous specialty resorts around the world.

Private Jet ProgramReceive discounts on the ultimate in luxurious private air travel on Delta AirElite® charter flights (international or domestic). Or purchase a 10-hour flight card and enjoy even more benefits such as a free Delta Air Lines Medallion® membership and 200,000 Delta SkyMiles® redeemable for two worldwide first-class tickets.

To book your private jet charter, simply call Delta AirElite at 800.927.0927 and provide your Interval Platinum member number.

Hotel, Dining & Leisure DiscountsTwo great ways to enjoy special offers from Entertainment®:

1. Printable Coupons* — Choose from thousands of buy-one, get-one-free or up-to-50-percent-off Premium Discounts at restaurants, retail outlets, and service merchants throughout the U.S. and Canada.

2. Membership Card Offers — No coupons required. View the complete up-to-date listing of merchants honoring the Interval Gold membership card (with the Entertainment® crown logo on the back) for the following discounts:

Up to 50% off rack room OR 10% off promotional rates at thousands of hotels worldwide. Advance reservations required
Up to 20% off at participating restaurants and retail and service merchants across the U.S. and Canada
Detailed information about how to take advantage of your Hotel, Dining, and Leisure Discount benefits.

Hertz #1 Club Gold® MembershipComplimentary Hertz #1 Club Gold® Annual Membership
No enrollment fee — a $60 value
Pick up your rental car with no lines and no waiting at more than 40 of the world's busiest airports
Gold counter service at more than 1,000 other locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
Useful services such as flight tracking, Free Rental Days with Hertz #1 Awards®, and more

Platinum Quality ServiceSpecially trained advisors are available to assist you with vacation plans, including booking exchanges and Getaways, and to answer questions.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...I wonder if there is any discounts for multi-year memberships?

Yes, for 3- and 5-YR memberships: 1YR - $129, 2YRS - $258, 3YRS - $329 and 5YRS - $516

For those interested, here are all the benefits.

$50 Getaway DiscountGetaways are the ultra-affordable way to travel more often. As an Interval Platinum member, you get $50 off every Getaway, no matter where or when you book. It really does pay to travel.

Free Guest CertificatesWant to share your love of a great vacation?

Priority Getaway AccessPlatinum membership has its privileges. Enjoy exclusive access to Getaways before others.

When you see the priority-viewing indicator on a Getaway at IntervalWorld.com, you'll know the cream of the crop is yours for the taking.

Platinum EscapesExperience the ultimate in last-minute travel with deeply discounted vacation weeks available by e-mail invitation only.

Platinum Escapes are always changing, so keep an eye on your in-box, as you never know what amazing Platinum members-only deals will show up.

Hotel, Dining & Leisure DiscountsTwo great ways to enjoy special offers from Entertainment®:

1. Printable Coupons* — Choose from thousands of buy-one, get-one-free or up-to-50-percent-off Premium Discounts at restaurants, retail outlets, and service merchants throughout the U.S. and Canada.

2. Membership Card Offers — No coupons required. View the complete up-to-date listing of merchants honoring the Interval Gold membership card (with the Entertainment® crown logo on the back) for the following discounts:

Up to 50% off rack room OR 10% off promotional rates at thousands of hotels worldwide. Advance reservations required
Up to 20% off at participating restaurants and retail and service merchants across the U.S. and Canada
Detailed information about how to take advantage of your Hotel, Dining, and Leisure Discount benefits. ...

Thanks for posting the list. At a quick glance I think these are my favorites.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
just for reference, platinum is not $129 a year, it is $129 MORE a year, so $89 + $129 = $218 annually for a 1 year membership. But as already stated the priority pass is a $89 value (with interval discount), so if you then purchase a getaway or give a guest cert, it paid for itself.

wof45

TUG Member
Reaction score
just for reference, platinum is not $129 a year, it is $129 MORE a year, so $89 + $129 = $218 annually for a 1 year membership. But as already stated the priority pass is a $89 value (with interval discount), so if you then purchase a getaway or give a guest cert, it paid for itself.

many of the cities we use and some airlines in pass cities are not included, so no platinum for us. we did the gold upgrade for II which gave us the Hertz Gold and Entertainment book access for $59. (I miss passing the line since I don't travel much on business anymore).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
After looking at the Standard Priority Pass, it isn't as good as it sounds. It gives you access on an as needed basis. After your first use there is a $27 fee for each lounge visit.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called and upgraded. I got a partial credit back for my paid gold membership.

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Available to Marriott Accounts Also

If you have the free Marriott II with DC, you can add the Platinum for the upgrade fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

I wonder what this benefit will provide? It sounds intriguing and may be good for those that use getaways for more prime seasons. Something tells me they won't bother to put off season Orlando weeks in to Platinum Priority availability. Probably for those more prime resorts/seasons we will see a benefit, but not sure what they will really make available to platinum members first.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After looking at the Standard Priority Pass, it isn't as good as it sounds. It gives you access on an as needed basis. After your first use there is a $27 fee for each lounge visit.

Additionally, if you go to the Priority Pass website and look at the lounges that are included, you'll see that a lot of the lounges will not be accessible to Priority pass members after Oct 1, 2011.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
According to a thread on flyertalk the CO/UA lounges are only being removed from the "select memberships" that are offered complimentary with credit cards that are not associated with Chase. Other memberships offered though programs like II would be considered standard and not affected by the 10/1/11 date.
Still one free visit and the $27 per visit and $27 per guest is not so hot. Especially because I rarely fly CO or UA so even if I were in one of the airports I would probably be on a different concourse.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I responded with a guess to the getaway priority in the Starwood forum. I already upgraded and I can see some getaways labeled priority view and it seems to me these are new - they were not there yesterday. So maybe priority means that when II dumps getaways in the system in the first x days or weeks only platinum members see them. Like a Marriott preference for exchanges, sort of.

I wonder what this benefit will provide? It sounds intriguing and may be good for those that use getaways for more prime seasons. Something tells me they won't bother to put off season Orlando weeks in to Platinum Priority availability. Probably for those more prime resorts/seasons we will see a benefit, but not sure what they will really make available to platinum members first.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I responded with a guess to the getaway priority in the Starwood forum. I already upgraded and I can see some getaways labeled priority view and it seems to me these are new - they were not there yesterday. So maybe priority means that when II dumps getaways in the system in the first x days or weeks only platinum members see them. Like a Marriott preference for exchanges, sort of.

That's a nice benefit to platinum membership. II getaways can be great deals, often considerably less than maintenance fees. I'm tempted to upgrade to a platinum membership if there is a priority to see new getaways.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a nice benefit to platinum membership. II getaways can be great deals, often considerably less than maintenance fees. I'm tempted to upgrade to a platinum membership if there is a priority to see new getaways.

Me too, but not until I'm in the market for Getaways - so far our plans for this year and early next are pretty full. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out; I hope TUGgers who take advantage of it will post their experiences and how often the email notices for Priority Getaways are sent.

Siesta and others, thanks for making a point of saying that the II Plat fees are in addition to the basic fee (which is nothing if you've enrolled your Marriott Week(s) in the new DC.)

Last edited:

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I don't fully understand the pricing scale...

1 Yr II (basic) $89
1 Yr Gold $59 (on top of Basic)
1 Yr Platinum $129 (on top of ???)

Is the Platinum level $129 on top of Basic, or on top of Gold?

I have a feeling it's intended to be on top of Basic, but if that's the case, the website's not working correctly. We are Gold members, and I would assume the upgrade from Gold to be $70 a year.

$188 for Platinum (on top of basic) sounds like a huge ripoff.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
The airport lounge access ($99 value) will almost pay for the upgrade.

If you go to the II page that discusses lounge access, it includes the following asterisk:
*Per-person fee required with each lounge visit.

You will still be charged $27 per person to enter the lounge.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't fully understand the pricing scale...

1 Yr II (basic) $89
1 Yr Gold $59 (on top of Basic)
1 Yr Platinum $129 (on top of ???)

Is the Platinum level $129 on top of Basic, or on top of Gold?

I have a feeling it's intended to be on top of Basic, but if that's the case, the website's not working correctly. We are Gold members, and I would assume the upgrade from Gold to be $70 a year.

$188 for Platinum (on top of basic) sounds like a huge ripoff.

The Plat upgrade fee is on top of the basic fee. Ada says above in Post #8 that she called for the upgrade and was able to get a credit for her Gold fee. Maybe the website isn't designed yet to upgrade from Gold to Plat?

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Basic membership is $89, gold is an additional $59 on top of basic and platinum is an additional $129 on top of basic. I had two years of gold good through Oct 2012 I believe, and I bought platinum instead; I was credited a little over $100 for the gold paid membership. I was not credited the full $59/year because some of the two years passed and so there was a partial year credit. I mocked it up online as well before calling (by using the link to renew your membership) and it showed the same credit back. I ended up calling and doing I over the phone because I wanted to change a reservation anyway. But the online system seemed to credit me just fine for the paid gold years.

Last edited:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We upgraded to Platinum today. We were given a credit for the extra years on the Gold membership. The extra $50 off Getaways and the free guest certificates is well worth it since we have a big family that uses the Getaways. Not to mention we book at least three Getaways a year ourselves.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the platinum work for all members on the account?

There are two of us on this account and we sometimes travel separately. However now we each have our own log in. Can someone who already upgraded to platinum confirm that the benefits go with the account and not just one member?

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
A benefit I would like is a no-cancellation fee or other cost, if you cancel your exchange within 30 days, or something like that. It would be a benefit I could really use.

II gave me a replacement week for a SDO, and the SDO didn't expire until April of 2012, but my replacement weeks expires this year, in December. I don't think I can use it. I love II, it's my favorite exchange company for so many reasons, but giving me a replacement week, with all of my vacations already booked for 2011, not good.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
A benefit I would like is a no-cancellation fee or other cost, if you cancel your exchange within 30 days, or something like that. It would be a benefit I could really use.

II gave me a replacement week for a SDO, and the SDO didn't expire until April of 2012, but my replacement weeks expires this year, in December. I don't think I can use it. I love II, it's my favorite exchange company for so many reasons, but giving me a replacement week, with all of my vacations already booked for 2011, not good.

I agree. A more lenient cancellation policy for Platinum Members would be great.

marvuk77

Reaction score
Is there any more info about the Platinum Escapes? Has anyone who has upgrade already seen any? If so, can you give us a few examples. The guy at II told me there could even be free Platinum Escapes

Thanks
Martin

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I upgraded to platinum but II still wants to charge me for guest certificate when I do it online. I have not called in yet to see what the deal is.

If I request guest certificate when making the booking there is no fee.

ADD GUEST CERTIFICATE to a reservation already made is still showing the fee.