• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Reviews inaccessable

hibbert6

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a TUG member. Whenever I click on a Kauai resort review, I get a message saying "www.tug2.com not found". This doesn't happen on any other islands, just Kauai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Reviews are not a bulletin board issue, so I'm moving this to TUG General.

I'm getting the same error when trying to access www.tug2.com. I believe this is the domain in which the new review system is housed. An online check at networksolutions.com shows our lease of this domain name has many months to run yet, so it appears to be an error in the DNS system. This is an internet management issue, not something we can control.

Thanks for the heads up. I've alerted Bill Rogers to this for him to follow up on.

[Edit] I think if you look closer, you'll find it is not Kauai reviews per se which are inaccessible, but those resorts that have received reviews since we switched to the new review system.

Last edited:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ratings too

Ratings are also inaccessible, tonight anyway...

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm currently unable to access either the old or new databases.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keitht said:
I'm currently unable to access either the old or new databases.

The original review database entry point, available via the link in the red bar at the top of this page, is not located on the new server so is still available. Any of the individual reviews from before June 1 that have not been physically moved into the new database should still be available. Here's an example:
www.timeshare-users-group.com/tugdb/hi/hi-banha.htm

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

DougH

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do I access the old review database ?

I can't find a link to the old reviews...how do I get to them ?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As was mentioned above:

Makai Guy said:
The original review database entry point, available via the link in the red bar at the top of this page, is not located on the new server so is still available.

DougH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I guess I'm looking at the right database, but didn't think I was, because one of my reviews from 2004 at the Marriott Waiohai isn't there anymore. So...I had been assuming I was looking at the new database.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yup.

I have updated one of the reviews on the new database so that is definitely OK at present.

guy

TUG Member
Reaction score
reviews access

I've been frustrated since the new TUG site opened! I keep trying to enter the reviews site and I'm continually locked out. I checked and rechecked my registration, password, etc. but nothing works. As a member for some time I feel exasperated. What to do?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
guy said:
I've been frustrated since the new TUG site opened! I keep trying to enter the reviews site and I'm continually locked out. I checked and rechecked my registration, password, etc. but nothing works. As a member for some time I feel exasperated. What to do?

You have to use the members only log-in and password to access the reviews. They are different than your regular log-in. More info. - Password Help

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DeniseM said:
You have to use the members only log-in and password to access the reviews. They are different than your regular log-in. More info. - Password Help

Members are still having problems setting themselves up as 'Members' once they have paid their dues. I know there are various Help texts on the system, but they plainly don't work all the time. I think a Dummies Guide to setting up the membership password might help, particularly if the guide was part of the e-mail sent to new members.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
guy said:

Access to the reviews and ratings was not changed in any way by the change in software used for the bbs. The username and password used for reviews and ratings is the same as it's always been.

Please see the password help page at:
www.tug2.net/passwordhelp.htm