Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home | Resorts & Reviews| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > All Other Timeshare Systems > Diamond Resorts International - DRI

Diamond Resorts International - DRI Discussions about Diamond Resorts International and Embarc - Club Intrawest Timeshares

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW! Add a 'Timeshare Vacation History' link to your posts! Learn How

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Member Banner Travels the World w/photos! Follow the Banner!

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old June 11, 2011, 02:13 PM   #1
tschwa2

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 19, 08

Resorts: Island Links (RCI pts), Sandals Ochi, SBP, Riptide II, OceanTime, Massanutten, Orange L- East V, Camaron Cove, Harborsi
Diamond-The Club and Great Wolf Lodge

I saw Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA is an affilliate in The Club with points assigned for nightly stays. Does availability come up very often and is it last minute or further out?

Last edited by tschwa2; June 11, 2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: as/is
tschwa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2011, 08:34 PM   #2
csalter2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 3, 08

Resorts: Marriott Ko Olina; DRI Gold Elite
Diamond's Club

I am not sure if the Great Wolf Lodge is a part of DRI's system. They do have 2 resorts in Williamsburg, VA but they are Greensprings Vacation Resort and The Historic Powhatan Resort. If either of of these is not the Great Wolfe Lodge in Williamsbridge,VA, then they are not in Diamond.

Both of these resorts have availability in the summer.
Old June 11, 2011, 10:07 PM   #3
tschwa2

TUG Member

Resorts: Island Links (RCI pts), Sandals Ochi, SBP, Riptide II, OceanTime, Massanutten, Orange L- East V, Camaron Cove, Harborsi
I was actually looking up information about greenspring and powhatten when I came across the directory with the points chart in it. It happened to be from the European website but at http://www.diamondresorts.com/europe...sDirectory.pdf I saw Great Wolf Lodge (waterpark) listed. Now, when I went back in to look, it seems the Virginia location is not included but it does include ones in Texas, Ohio, Washington, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.
Old June 12, 2011, 12:06 AM   #4
oneohana
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 12, 06
What about the one they are going to build in Anaheim? Down the road from Disneyland.
oneohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5
tschwa2

TUG Member

Williamsburg Great Wolf Lodge is in the 2012 DRI Club directory for nightly stays. This isn't the solicitation to rent- this is the questioning of availability to see if it would be worth making a wanted to rent request. Can anyone verify if summer nights any day of the week ever becomes available with points and/or if off season weekends ever are available using DRI Club points?

DRI Club Reservations Directory 2012 pg 48. The pdf wouldn't let me cut and paste the page for Virginia.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:58 PM   #6
dwmantz

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 6, 07

Resorts: Diamond Resorts Club, Spinnaker Resorts HH, Sheraton Myrtle Beach, Grand Beach, Barrier Island Sta Duck, Acadia ME
Williamsburg Great Wolf Lodge definitely IS included as an AFFILIATE resort. I assume DRI takes your points and then buys the nights at some agreed upon rate from Great Wolf.

Also, the going rate is a MEGA amount of points!
dwmantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012, 06:15 PM   #7
dwojo
Tug Review Crew: Rookie

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 15, 11

Resorts: DRI gold Ocean Beach Club Virginia Holiday Inn Club Vacations Wyndham Bonnet Creek
If you explore Diamonds website there are quite a few Great Wolf Lodges as Diamond affiliates
dwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012, 06:39 PM   #8
T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Diamond Resorts Poipu Raintree Vacation Club Winners Circle
Yes - Diamond has established a relationship with Great Wolf, as they have with a number of other non-timeshare properties.

I suspect that, like almost all such deals, if you compare the effective price you pay by using DRI points versus doing a direct booking after doing some basic deal searching, you will find that using DRI points is pretty expensive.

“If at first you don't fricassee, then fry, fry again.
T_R_Oglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote