Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old June 21, 2011, 10:04 AM   #1
rrlongwell

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11
[ 2011 ] Goodbuy Timeshare aka Timeshare Resales [Scammers!]

Last year I placed two weeks with the above firm to rent as a experiment. They requested and I agreed to a no minium rental amount if they rented it. One was for Patriots Place in Williamsburg, Virginia for the week of Memorial Day. The second one for the 4th of July week at Patriots Place. Both for this year. They did not rent either unit within the agreed upon timeframe. Just a word of caution about this firm.

Last edited by rrlongwell; June 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
rrlongwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Rent_Share

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
And what did they charge you for the eperience ?
Rent_Share is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2011, 11:08 AM   #3
rrlongwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent_Share View Post
And what did they charge you for the eperience ?
About $600 for both units.
Old June 21, 2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Jerry in NJ

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 11, 05

Resorts: Fairfield Points Owner
I know I have seen a few posts about Good Buy Timeshare that have not been positive. If I remember correctly some shill posts on Trip Advisor about how great the Wyndham Resort was and they rented through Good Buy.

Just remember NEVER pay an upfront fee!

Jerry in NJ
Jerry in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2011, 01:41 PM   #5
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Anyone that charges you a high upfront fee to rent or sell your timeshare is going to scam you - period.

*I added "scammers" to your title, so the search engines will pick it up.

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2011, 02:13 PM   #6
rrlongwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseM View Post
Anyone that charges you a high upfront fee to rent or sell your timeshare is going to scam you - period.

*I added "scammers" to your title, so the search engines will pick it up.
Thank you, was wondering were it came from. I agree with the change.
Old June 22, 2011, 02:25 PM   #7
kaio
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 1, 11
Ouch.... How could they not rent them with no minimal rental price?!!?! those are decent weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlongwell View Post
Last year I placed two weeks with the above firm to rent as a experiment. They requested and I agreed to a no minium rental amount if they rented it. One was for Patriots Place in Williamsburg, Virginia for the week of Memorial Day. The second one for the 4th of July week at Patriots Place. Both for this year. They did not rent either unit within the agreed upon timeframe. Just a word of caution about this firm.
kaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2011, 02:27 PM   #8
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaio View Post
Ouch.... How could they not rent them with no minimal rental price?!!?! those are decent weeks.
Because they didn't try to rent them - these companies make all their money with the upfront fee - why bother doing anything after they collect it?

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2014, 08:30 PM   #9
lukey1

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 23, 14
they rented my wyndham points this year.
lukey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2014, 08:50 PM   #10
Rent_Share

Signing up to post yesterday to post in a two year old thread doesn't add any credibility.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
Old March 23, 2014, 10:33 PM   #11
lcml11

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 15, 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent_Share View Post
Signing up to post yesterday to post in a two year old thread doesn't add any credibility.
Apparently, like you, I do not understand why old information was brought forward. I do not see any point. In the interest of full disclosure, rrlongwell is a old screen name that I used to use. If they are still in business, I would assume they are still generating money in their operations. Thier physical offices are/were in Williamsburg, Va. They operated under two different names. I am not sure, but one was either closed or re-located.

Last edited by lcml11; March 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
lcml11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2014, 10:43 PM   #12
Rent_Share

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcml11 View Post
They operated under two different names. I am not sure, but one was either closed or re-located.
Something you can certainly relate to

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
Old March 24, 2014, 08:44 AM   #13
csxjohn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 25, 12

Resorts: Tropic Shores, 2br X 2. Summer Bay, 3br L/O.
I just want to correct the math.

The thread is 3 yrs old and I too am suspicious of lukey1 coming out of nowhere and talking up two different exit strategy companies.

The post about the restaurant looks like a weak attempt to lay off suspicion.

Are both companies related and does lukey1 own them both?

Support live, local music!
csxjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2014, 12:44 PM   #14
jebloomquist

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 28, 11

Resorts: Bali Hai-SmokyMtns-Canterbury-PanamaCity-Pagossa-Sedona-Branson-PatriotsPlace-FairfieldHarbour-GrandDesert-AngelFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey1 View Post
they rented my wyndham points this year.
Lukey1, isn’t it horrible how these Tuggers have maligned your character? They certainly are a bad group.

In your defense, I suggest that you put them in their place by telling all of TUG just how your points were rented. You could add just how many points that you have and from what resorts. You could add how many of those points were actually used by you and how many were graciously rented for you. You could add just what you profited from the transaction, i.e. how much did you pay in maintenance fees and then how much did you receive from the rental. You could add how much you were charged to do the transaction.

All of these, and I am sure many more facts that you could provide, will certainly put those nasty Tuggers to shame.

So, let’s hear your wonderful, and I am sure profitable tale.
jebloomquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2014, 12:58 PM   #15
csxjohn

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebloomquist View Post
Lukey1, isn’t it horrible how these Tuggers have maligned your character? They certainly are a bad group.

In your defense, I suggest that you put them in their place by telling all of TUG just how your points were rented. You could add just how many points that you have and from what resorts. You could add how many of those points were actually used by you and how many were graciously rented for you. You could add just what you profited from the transaction, i.e. how much did you pay in maintenance fees and then how much did you receive from the rental. You could add how much you were charged to do the transaction.

All of these, and I am sure many more facts that you could provide, will certainly put those nasty Tuggers to shame.

Too funny!

And while he's at it, maybe he can explain this new thread.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208375

I know it's also a new poster but something's not adding up here.

Last edited by csxjohn; March 24, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old March 24, 2014, 01:01 PM   #16
lcml11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebloomquist View Post

Agreed. One customer experience does not give a picture of the services a company provides. If this was a good transaction for both parties. What the heck. Also, you might want to indicate if they are still a upfront fee rental company.

A recent earlier poster provided a link to another new thread. Not sure what that thread had to do with this thread. Are the Companies related companies?

Last edited by lcml11; March 24, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old March 24, 2014, 01:19 PM   #17
csxjohn

TUG Member

Quote:
Agreed. One customer experience does not give a picture of the services a company provides. If this was a good transaction for both parties. What the heck. Also, you might want to indicate if they are still a upfront fee rental company.

A recent earlier poster provided a link to another new thread. Not sure what that thread had to do with this thread. Are the Companies related companies?
I added the link because the other company that lukey1 has posted good things about is the same company in that new thread.

It just seemed odd to me that a new poster would come here to defend two companies that others are having trouble with.

Of course if lukey1 would provide some of the info asked for by jebloomquist, I will retract my comments. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Old March 24, 2014, 01:43 PM   #18
comicbookman

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 2, 13

Resorts: Many Wyndham deeds. Plat. VIP (before I found TUG & resale) Total over 2,000,000 points. (have a large extended family)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csxjohn View Post
Of course if lukey1 would provide some of the info asked for by jebloomquist, I will retract my comments. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Rats. I was looking forward to watching you turn blue.
comicbookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2014, 02:28 PM   #19
lcml11

Quote:
I added the link because the other company that lukey1 has posted good things about is the same company in that new thread.

It just seemed odd to me that a new poster would come here to defend two companies that others are having trouble with.

I would hold out for all of it and my addition. I am indeed looking forward to your retraction. I hope the information and retraction are forthcoming shortly.
Old March 24, 2014, 05:09 PM   #20
csxjohn

TUG Member

Quote:
I would hold out for all of it and my addition. I am indeed looking forward to your retraction. I hope the information and retraction are forthcoming shortly.
I also would not be holding my breath if I were you.

We've seen it before, years old threads being revived to say good things about companies that no one else has had anything good happen with.

But as always, I could be wrong.

Old March 24, 2014, 05:31 PM   #21
lcml11

Quote:
I also would not be holding my breath if I were you.

We've seen it before, years old threads being revived to say good things about companies that no one else has had anything good happen with.

But as always, I could be wrong.
I was not going to. I am expecting to be disappointed by not seeing the answers and your retraction. I believe it is possible for Zebra's to change their strips, but, I do not think it happens often.