• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Back from Greece (non timeshare)

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
We sold all our timeshares to free us to do Europe more easily (though we may rent from tuggers when we go to the islands:)))

Here are pics from Athens, Santorini, Naxos, and Rhodes. I think everyone should go to Santorini at least once in their lives. The view took my breath away.

http://www.picturetrail.com/ellen495

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Great pics.
We did Santorini, Mykanos & Athens, a few years ago.
A visit to the Greek Isles should be on everyone's bucket list.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them with us.The Greek Islands are on our bucket list.

Dori

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Photos

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous...thanks for sharing.
We have been considering Greece for our next European vacation.
Your daughter is either in gymnastics or she is a dancer.
My granddaughter does the same poses, she is in dancing.

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome home! Been following your trip on FB.....enjoyed the pics, as they brought back memories of a trip to Greece I took 25 years ago. :D Santorini was my favorite, as well......memorable ride on donkeys up to to the top of the hill.

So you sold all your TS? We are in the process of "downsizing" from 5 to 3.

DEB

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your photos are absolutely gorgeous...thanks for sharing.
We have been considering Greece for our next European vacation.
Your daughter is either in gymnastics or she is a dancer.
My granddaughter does the same poses, she is in dancing.

Zoe is a gymnast and allstar cheerleader. I love how graceful she is!

Senorka, Yes, we sold them all. They were great for what we needed them for in the past, but the trading game got too annoying for me.

And yes, everyone should have Greece on their bucket list!!

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ellen,
I loved your pictures! We've been to Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes and Crete but missed Santorini. I guess we'll have to return....

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, what a wonderful trip you had. I have enjoyed reading all about it and looking at the pics. I've enjoyed watching your kids grown up right before my eyes from looking at all your pics.

I have a question. I've always wanted to go to Greece but by looking at your pics it looks like a physical impossibility. What do you do if you need to get around in a mobility scooter or wheelchair?

Keep travlin. shaggy

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have a question. I've always wanted to go to Greece but by looking at your pics it looks like a physical impossibility. What do you do if you need to get around in a mobility scooter or wheelchair?

Not in your shoes (or wheels), but I'd say its do-able. Inter-island ferries are accessible and met by taxis or hotel-transfer shuttles. The islands are hilly, but have paved roads + sidewalks. Also many are well-served by scheduled local airlines.

Athens has a modern, accessible and well-signed subway with a station at the airport, which we took to within a block of our hotel.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, what a wonderful trip you had. I have enjoyed reading all about it and looking at the pics. I've enjoyed watching your kids grown up right before my eyes from looking at all your pics.

Keep travlin. shaggy

Thanks Shaggy! They really have grown up!
I think Santorini would be hard - but it could be done. You would probably need to arrange something via a travel agent (I recommend Fantasy Travel in Greece) because some hotels collect bags and help with the stairs and others don't. Can mobility scooters deal with steps? You wouldn't be able to wander all of Santorini, I don't think, but you could probably see some of it.

As for the 2 other islands and Athens - no problem. Athens is a city - great metro etc. The Parthenon, as I recall, had wheelchair access to most parts.

Naxos - there would be certain parts within the old city that would be hard, but our trip around the island in the car - you can do - and see many sites. You couldn't climb the old castle for instance, but you could go into the little towns.

Rhodes - the old city has a lot of cobbled roads. It would be bumpy. Can you do bumpy? But other than that, not a lot of steps. The Lindos Acropolis has the donkeys to take you up and down.

I think it's doable -but certainly some challenges. I think you should call Fantasy Travel (ask for Mike and say Ellen sent you - I loved him - he answered my every email) and see what he says...

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ellen. Looks like I better check into other places. I can walk but stairs are a bit dicey for me. I 'd probably turn my ankle on cobblestones to.

shaggy