• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay listing - strange?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I was watching this Bay Club biennial worth 8400 points. Sold for $3550 which seems like a decent deal even with the MF. However, I noticed something strange.

Ended listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250868195530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If I understand/read eBay listings correctly, this auction ended 8/9 at 10:00 and 19 seconds. This same seller listed this IDENTICAL Bay Club which started 8/9 10:00 and 7 seconds. Again, if I understand it correctly it was listed 12 seconds BEFORE the ending of the original auction.

New listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/HGVC-HILTON-POI...50871609888?pt=Timeshares&hash=item3a691cfa20

Question is - did this seller have two identical biennial 8400 pt Bay Club timeshares to sell or did he somehow KNOW that the high bidder wasn't going to follow through????????

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching this Bay Club biennial worth 8400 points. Sold for $3550 which seems like a decent deal even with the MF. However, I noticed something strange.

Ended listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250868195530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If I understand/read eBay listings correctly, this auction ended 8/9 at 10:00 and 19 seconds. This same seller listed this IDENTICAL Bay Club which started 8/9 10:00 and 7 seconds. Again, if I understand it correctly it was listed 12 seconds BEFORE the ending of the original auction.

New listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/HGVC-HILTON-POI...50871609888?pt=Timeshares&hash=item3a691cfa20

Question is - did this seller have two identical biennial 8400 pt Bay Club timeshares to sell or did he somehow KNOW that the high bidder wasn't going to follow through????????

The seller just decided he didn't want to sell it for that price. While it is frowned upon EBAY allows the seller to cancel an auction. There are several reasons that a seller can choose when cancelling. One is that there is error in the listing and another is that the item is no longer available for sale. The fact it was immediately reposted indicates the seller wanted more for it.

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been also watching this auction. This is the third time that I know of that this has been re listed. The 1st time that I know of, It ended at approx $2400. Looks like this is not a real auction.

Tom

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The 4,800 point Bay Club and the 3,400 point South Beach are also their listings. They have decent feedback and a lot of listings, so it's odd that they would choose to be shady about a listing like this.

Two bidders going head to head is rare for an HGVC in my experience scanning these auctions. It seems like maybe there's a buddy with an eBay account bidding them up in case it doesn't go high enough for the seller. They then file a mutual cancelation of the purchase and no fees are paid.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching those, too, and saw them come right back up on eBay!

Before assuming it's a sly deal, you should just ask the seller what's going on. I ended up buying two Westin properties last year from a seller that had 3 identical units for sale on eBay (same unit, different weeks). He listed a new unit right after each auction closed, so this guy could be doing the same thing.