• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need info on "Point Saver" at Wyndham Palm-Aire

disneycrazy01

Reaction score
I would like to get some info on the "Point Saver" rate which is listed for the Wyndham Palm-Aire. In the fine print it says "Point Saver refers to specific units with obstructed views." Are these rooms available to anyone with Wyndham points - even people that have Wyndham points that are only good for a year?

How are the rooms with obstructed view? Are they talking about the balcony view or every window in the room? They have the "Point Saver" at the Palm Aire and at the Wyndham Royal Vista. For a week at Royal Vista during July the regular points for a week is 154,000 for a 1-bedroom, but the Point Saver for a 1-bedroom at the Royal Vista is 140,000.
At the Sea Garden for a 1-bedroom Deluxe regular rate is 140,000 but the Point Saver rate is 128,000.

At the Palm-Aire in the Royal Palm & Queen Palm buildings a 1-bedroom is listed as 120,000 points, but with the Point Saver the 1-bedroom Deluxe is 109,000. The Areca Palm has a 1-bedroom Deluxe at 126,000, but the Point Saver is 115,000.

What is the difference between the Royal Palm, Queen Palm and Areca Palm buildings?

When a person calls to make a reservation, can a person pick the building they want? If the Point Saver rate is available when I do call and make a reservation can I just request it?

Thank you for the info. I am trying to spread my points as far as I can and the Point Saver will help - I just want to know if it is worth it.

With the Point Saver rate in the Royal and Queen Palm I can get at least 10 days with the points I have.

Last edited:

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to your question, but I would call the resort directly and ask them.

Palm Aire is a golf resort in the middle of a bedroom suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm struggling to think what great views might be obstructed.

The only thing I'm getting is views of the golf course. :zzz:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know the answer either...(wheres Linda? I bet she knows)

Why not assume the worst, ie you look out to a brick wall, or elevator shaft. If the points you save are worth putting up with that; do it and save enough points to get the extra night(s)

For what its worth, Id do the points saver. Id pull the curtains closed at night and during the day Id be enjoying the resort's amenities. For a view, take the bus to the beach.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As far as the difference between the buildings, it's basically the age of the buildings, square footage of units, and (lack of) freshness of decor update.

As to the obstructed views, I don't really know the answer, perhaps those are units on the non golf course view side? Or perhaps, lower floors where you can't really see the golf course view all that well?

I haven't seen any configuration there where the view is "obstructed" by physical objects, other than perhaps looking onto another building (at least in part).

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this site map link will work but here goes: https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/resort/map.do

Anyway, the first time I stayed at Palm Aire, I swore I'd never go back because we were put in Queen Palm which is not inside the gate. It is a two story "hotel" type place. We had a two bedroom...It was large and clean but you felt as if you weren't part of the resort. In addition, it has it's own pool so that felt private but the pool was closed when we were there. I don't even think it even shows up on the site map. (oops...it does show up on the map, I just didn't scroll down far enough)

Royal Palms is next to where you check in. It too is a shorter building (2 or 3 story). They were working on the roof and outside of that building while we were there. That is where we parked our car at night. Can't tell you much about Areca but it may be the building we looked straight across at and it too is a high rise.
We stayed in the Fountain Palm building on the 7th floor overlooking the pool. The unit appeared to be somewhat newer but smaller than the Queen Palm building. It kind of reminded me of the units at National Harbor (size wise). We loved our unit and if I had not booked at Royal Vista, I would have been happy staying there. The only problem we had was the sliding door. It was very hard to open but it looked like many units had the same problem. All of the stores were so close. We actually went back to the Walmart near Palm Aire because the one closest to Royal Vista is only a supermarket.

If I had to choose between Palm Aire and Royal Vista with the points value being equal...I would choose Royal Vista because of the beach. That was the most relaxing part of our vacation. You would probably not get an oceanview at RV but it sounds like you would get a parking lot view at Palm Aire anyway. We had a north view at Royal Vista. There are 1 level homes next to that side of the building so there were unobstructed views out to the ocean. There are stores that you can walk to from Royal Vista but like I said in your other post...they are pricey.

Just to confuse you more...I know you were talking about the Orlando area in your other post..If I had to choose between BC, and the two others, I would choose Bonnet Creek. There's just so much more to do in the Orlando area.

It's all up to what kind of vacation you are looking for.

Last edited:

GeraldineT

Reaction score
I only Was there once and it was just for one night but they tried to put us in a building on the left as you come in that is a small 2 story building that overlooked trees and the golf was through the trees and it wasn't really part of the resort. It was a building on the other side of the parking lot and gatehouse. We moved to a building which then had a balcony facing the supermarket. I remember speaking to a woman we met at the pool and her view was a parking lot and highway. We love to sit out at night so to us the balcony view is important. Palm aire was nice but the pictures make it look more isolatEd than it is. I personally could not stay there for more than a day or two. I know you want to make the most of your points but I would stay by the beach for less nights than at palm aire. JMO.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I can answer about Royal Vista. The point saver units are views of the parking lot and NOT view at all of the beach, either oceanview or oceanfront. They offer those units at a discounted price so people do not get annoyed about paying the same for a room with a view and one without. Who gets the views and who doesn't now it is booking, and points that decide. At Royal Vista the room size is the same but the view is significantly difference. But if you are barely going to be in the room, then a point saver unit is fine.

So perhaps similar is true for Palm Aire. Smaller units, less desirable locations. As the units here are NOT uniform like they are at Royal Vista.
Also with Palm Aire the Sabal Palm is the newest building perhaps 5 - 6 years old (maybe more at this point, you know how time flies). Next is the Fountain Palms. These two building are the ones with all the presidental units in them. They were specifically build for timeshare use and are more uniform in terms of layout and features.

The other building are the original building that are significantly older. They were renovating them and converting them to timesharesback in 1995. They have been renovated since then, but the building were already there prior to 1995. Since there are 3 seperate building, with non-uniform sizing they could create point saver points for smaller or less desirable location units.

You asked What is the difference between the Royal Palm, Queen Palm and Areca Palm buildings?

They are all seperate buildings that existed when they converted the property to a timeshare. The decor is similar in all 3 buildings but each layout is different. I don't know the exact differences.

You do not have to call to make a reservation, you can book online. It will show you, based on points, what types of units are available. You can call but I find I have to explain too much to the VCs. I personally would rather book it myself online.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
The worst possible scenario IMHO would be a room near a noisy elevator shaft. That could make for sleepless nights. If it's just a limited view, I agree with Ron...just close the curtains and limit your up time in the unit.

drjkn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Vista. The point saver units are views of the parking lot and NOT view at all of the beach, either ocean view or ocean front We had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the street. We loved it. Of course it was during the Pro Bowl week. Lots of activity. We moved into a Ocean view and I missed not over looking the city from the street side of the building and street watching.
Plus the evening sun was nice.

We have never been disappointed in any Wyndham that we have stayed ( 19 so far). :cheer: :