Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > US - Eastern

US - Eastern Discuss resorts and resort areas in the following States: CT DE GA ME MD MA NC NH NJ NY PA RI SC VA VT WV

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old September 13, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1
strandlover

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 14, 10
Massanutten is offering TPU Power Boost if you pay your 2012 MFs before Nov 1, 2011

I saw this today in the Owners' Corner of the Massanutten web site. Sounds like a good deal even if you have to combine TPUs for $99. I'm in!

Limited Time Offer

Pay your 2012 maintenance fee early and get a Trading Power boost in your RCI account!

Pay anytime before November 1, 2011 and we will deposit extra Trading Power into your RCI account. This is not a Bonus Week.

The Trading Power will come from 2009 banked weeks that will soon expire. With the RCI Weeks Enhancements you are now allowed to combine deposits. When you combine the old 2009 banked week with another deposited week RCI will extend the expiration date to 2 years from the date of combination and with the added Trading Power you might just get to that hard-to-get-into RCI resort you've had your eye on (no promises). Also be advised that the combination process will incur a charge of $99.00 from RCI.

We will make sure that you have at least one month to get the combination completed before the 2009 week will expire. The Trading Power boost will be a minimum of 10 points. There are a few 13 point weeks left and they will be transferred first - so first come, first served.

To claim your Trading Power Boost (after you have paid your fee for 2012) please send an email to sblackshaw@massresort.com with "Trading Power Boost" and your RCI ID number in the subject line. In the message type in a short note saying, "I have paid early for 2012 on account (insert your Massanutten association ID #) and I would like to claim a Trading Power Boost.

If you have already paid for 2012 - you already qualify! Drop me an email so I can get you the Boost ASAP!

This is only being offered for 2012. It may or may not be offered again in the future.

We will give one Trading Power Boost per account - so if you've paid for more than one account - you will get more than one Boost!
strandlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2011, 08:28 AM   #2
strandlover

TUG Member

Netted 12 Free TPUs

Ended up getting an extra 12 TPUs.

Paying the extra $99 to combine is still a great deal and dollar-cost averaged my MF$/TPU significantly downward.
Old September 20, 2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Egret1986
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05
Good info. Thanks for sharing.

12 TPUs is a good amount.
Egret1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Ann-Marie

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Summit at Massanutten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandlover View Post
I saw this today in the Owners' Corner of the Massanutten web site. Sounds like a good deal even if you have to combine TPUs for $99. I'm in!

Limited Time Offer

Pay your 2012 maintenance fee early and get a Trading Power boost in your RCI account!

Pay anytime before November 1, 2011 and we will deposit extra Trading Power into your RCI account. This is not a Bonus Week.

The Trading Power will come from 2009 banked weeks that will soon expire. With the RCI Weeks Enhancements you are now allowed to combine deposits. When you combine the old 2009 banked week with another deposited week RCI will extend the expiration date to 2 years from the date of combination and with the added Trading Power you might just get to that hard-to-get-into RCI resort you've had your eye on (no promises). Also be advised that the combination process will incur a charge of $99.00 from RCI.

We will make sure that you have at least one month to get the combination completed before the 2009 week will expire. The Trading Power boost will be a minimum of 10 points. There are a few 13 point weeks left and they will be transferred first - so first come, first served.

To claim your Trading Power Boost (after you have paid your fee for 2012) please send an email to sblackshaw@massresort.com with "Trading Power Boost" and your RCI ID number in the subject line. In the message type in a short note saying, "I have paid early for 2012 on account (insert your Massanutten association ID #) and I would like to claim a Trading Power Boost.

If you have already paid for 2012 - you already qualify! Drop me an email so I can get you the Boost ASAP!

This is only being offered for 2012. It may or may not be offered again in the future.

We will give one Trading Power Boost per account - so if you've paid for more than one account - you will get more than one Boost!
I'm sorry, but this is a big crock of bull. I paid my 2012 MF a year ago. I have since paid RCI to combine 2 of my weeks to get enough TPU's for a specific trade. I could have used these TPU's. Wouldn't it have been nice if Massanutten sent me an email or gave me a call since they have actually had my money for over a year. I will email them now, but not sure I really need the extra.

Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011, 12:52 PM   #5
strandlover

TUG Member

I guess it depends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
I'm sorry, but this is a big crock of bull. I paid my 2012 MF a year ago. I have since paid RCI to combine 2 of my weeks to get enough TPU's for a specific trade. I could have used these TPU's. Wouldn't it have been nice if Massanutten sent me an email or gave me a call since they have actually had my money for over a year. I will email them now, but not sure I really need the extra.
In my case it worked out great. When I combined the remaining TPUs in my account that were about to expire + 12 TPUs for $99 (combine fee), it gave me an extention into Sept 2013. I will take 12 TPUs for $99 all day, any day.

I agree with you though. Communication at Massanutten could have been better.
Old September 22, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Ann-Marie

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Summit at Massanutten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandlover View Post
In my case it worked out great. When I combined the remaining TPUs in my account that were about to expire + 12 TPUs for $99 (combine fee), it gave me an extention into Sept 2013. I will take 12 TPUs for $99 all day, any day.

I agree with you though. Communication at Massanutten could have been better.
I sent them an email to this effect. Lets see how they respond.

Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011, 04:57 PM   #7
kalua
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 20, 08
Mass. TPU's

strandlover Thank You for the info ,I saw your post and went to their site ,which i haven't done in a while, and sent them an e mail, how long did it take for them to post to your acct. if that is what they did ?
kalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2011, 07:57 AM   #8
strandlover

TUG Member

Three business days turnaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalua View Post
strandlover Thank You for the info ,I saw your post and went to their site ,which i haven't done in a while, and sent them an e mail, how long did it take for them to post to your acct. if that is what they did ?
You are welcome. We are here to help each other.

It took three business days from the time I sent the request to when I saw the TPU credit to my account. You will then have about a month to either use the TPUs or combine (for $99) with your existing TPU balance and extend the use.

Good luck!
Old September 23, 2011, 08:19 AM   #9
Bourne
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 25, 05
That is a very good "carrot" to get MF's in early. Works both for the resort and for the owner.

In effect, they are giving crappy deposits that are about to expire. Perfect example of ingenuity at display.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 03:47 PM   #10
tschwa2

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 19, 08

Resorts: Island Links (HHI-RCI points), Sandals Ocho Rios, SBP, Riptide II, OceanTime, WS and RV Massanutten, FSA, MWR
Offered again for 2013 MF

I received the 2012 Woodstone Newsletter today and this offer will be available again this year. Bonus Boost tpu's will be in the 9-11 range and will have a short shelf life so they will probably need to be combined to be used. You must pay your 2013 MF and request the Boost in writing (email) by November 1, 2012.
tschwa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012, 09:51 AM   #11
strandlover

TUG Member

Reminding all Massanutten Owners: TPU Boost Still On

I just wanted to revive this thread and remind all Massanutten owners that the TPU Boost program continues.

I just got 11 TPUs credited to my account (Expiring Oct 2012).

As mentioned, the details are in the newsletter.