Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 12, 2011, 10:25 PM   #1
nygiants11991

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 11, 07

Resorts: Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Imperial Waikiki; Kauai Beach Villas; Hono Koa
Maui Ocean Club room request

Does anyone know when I should contact MOC for my room request. I thougth it was 2 or 3 weeks before arrival, but I found something that said one week and one day. I am confu sed...
nygiants11991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2011, 08:46 AM   #2
MOXJO7282
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Maui MOC 2BD OF(2),2BD OV(2),Myrtle Bch Pl OF(2),GO HHI Gold OF(2),Newp Bch NCV Pl(2),Monarch w40,Cust Hs Pl EOY, HBR P
I recall being told the last time we were there that they determine the room selection 5 days prior to check-in.
MOXJO7282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3
iconnections

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygiants11991 View Post
Does anyone know when I should contact MOC for my room request. I thougth it was 2 or 3 weeks before arrival, but I found something that said one week and one day. I am confu sed...
Since view is as important to you as it is to us, what unit did you get at the end and were you happy with it? Do you have some pictures that you are willing to share with us?

Did you find out too when it is the best time to make a request for a special view or unit at the MOC?
Old January 15, 2012, 06:47 PM   #4
iconnections

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOXJO7282 View Post
I recall being told the last time we were there that they determine the room selection 5 days prior to check-in.
At our other resort, where we owned at one time, they told us to put in the request when we booked your reservations. We always did this and followed up just before visiting there. We were never disappointed as we got one of the buildings that was in our request.

Is it different for each resort?
Old January 15, 2012, 09:40 PM   #5
nygiants11991

TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Imperial Waikiki; Kauai Beach Villas; Hono Koa
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconnections View Post
Since view is as important to you as it is to us, what unit did you get at the end and were you happy with it? Do you have some pictures that you are willing to share with us?

Did you find out too when it is the best time to make a request for a special view or unit at the MOC?
We had ocean front in the Napili building room 4306 & the lockoff 4305. IMO it was the worst room for the view. we were right at the tops of the palm trees. My kids said I am just a complainor, but they don't realize how many points I used to upgrade.

I put my request in when I made my reservations, I called about 10 days prior to check in and the rooms were already assigned.

I do have some pics I took to post but I am not really sure how to post them.

I will download them now and try to post.
Old January 15, 2012, 11:43 PM   #6
luvgoldns
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 21, 05

Resorts: Maui Ocean Club Grande Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconnections View Post
At our other resort, where we owned at one time, they told us to put in the request when we booked your reservations. We always did this and followed up just before visiting there. We were never disappointed as we got one of the buildings that was in our request.

Is it different for each resort?
I also put in my request at the time I make my reservation. And this year Marriott (auto) emailed (three times) asking for my preferences. I answered their first email and then when the second one came in and I tried to answer again, the system kicked my reply back because I had already answered.

ilene
luvgoldns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2012, 01:39 PM   #7
molemay
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 28, 07

Resorts: Marriot Waiohai Beach Club, Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club, Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Tower and Marriott Timberlodg
Was this an owner's week? It sounds like it was a point reservation since you paid for an upgraded room. I wonder if that made a difference in room placement.

I own at MOC in the Lahaina towers and I have always been able to get a room above the palm trees.

Monika
molemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2012, 02:38 PM   #8
nygiants11991

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by molemay View Post
Was this an owner's week? It sounds like it was a point reservation since you paid for an upgraded room. I wonder if that made a difference in room placement.

I own at MOC in the Lahaina towers and I have always been able to get a room above the palm trees.

Monika
It was a point reservation. I am a Legacy owner at MOC but enrolled in the points plan and that is what we used for this room.