Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 19, 2011, 09:49 PM   #1
123wilson

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 19, 11
[2011] Resort Ownershipship Resolutions

Has anyone in TUG used Resort Ownershipship Resolutions to help you get you out of your debt and trim your points down to a good number you can use and get you a new ID number?
123wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2011, 10:07 PM   #2
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123wilson View Post
Has anyone in TUG used Resort Ownershipship Resolutions to help you get you out of your debt and trim your points down to a good number you can use and get you a new ID number?
I have never heard of one of these companies that was reputable. What terms are they offering you? Is there an upfront fee? That's a big red flag.

In a nutshell, if you still owe money on this timeshare, there is no legal way to get you out of your contract.

I have deleted 3 of your 4 posts on the same topic - please do not continue posting duplicate messages.

my webpage

Last edited by DeniseM; December 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2011, 10:35 PM   #3
rrlongwell

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123wilson View Post
Did a google check for the name. Could not find it under the name as it appears above.

Did find a hit on American Resort Resolutions and Timeshare Cancellation. The following appeared when the link is clicked on for both hits.

"This page is currently under construction, if you would like information about Timeshare Cancellation, please come back later. If you are the owner of www.AmericanResortResolutions.com please call your webmaster at 561-856-4721!"

Not to promising I would think.
rrlongwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2011, 06:08 PM   #4
simpsontruckdriver

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 24, 11

Resorts: Star Island
As always, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I relate this to home ownership. There are companies that say they will lower your "underwater", and do this and that to lower your mortgage payments. In reality, you signed for your mortgage, banks will not write off a person's "underwater" balance, it's basically a "slight of hand". Illegal? Maybe. Either way, if you paid $250000 for a home, you owe $250000 plus interest even if your home is now appraised at $125000. The interest is really the only thing that can be changed.
When you sign for a timeshare mortgage, you have a balance and that is that. If you bought 150000 annual points for $22500 (estimated) and estimated $975 per year MFs (estimated), that's what you will pay, even if the value of that property on eBay is only $100.
TS
simpsontruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 05:00 PM   #5
ronparise

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 11

Resorts: Wyndham, Worldmark, and weeks in New Orleans, San Antonio, New Mexico and Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsontruckdriver View Post
As always, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I relate this to home ownership. There are companies that say they will lower your "underwater", and do this and that to lower your mortgage payments. In reality, you signed for your mortgage, banks will not write off a person's "underwater" balance, it's basically a "slight of hand". Illegal? Maybe. Either way, if you paid $250000 for a home, you owe $250000 plus interest even if your home is now appraised at $125000. The interest is really the only thing that can be changed.
When you sign for a timeshare mortgage, you have a balance and that is that. If you bought 150000 annual points for $22500 (estimated) and estimated $975 per year MFs (estimated), that's what you will pay, even if the value of that property on eBay is only $100.
TS
Thats not true

Ive worked with several buyers and sellers of "shortsales" successfully. The banks do accept less than they are owed.

I agree that the banks wont work with their own borrower, but I think with timeshares the way to maintain ownership and negotiate out of your debt, is to buy something new on the resale market for cash and not very much of it and give up the first ownership;

Not saying that thats the right thing to do or even possible, But I do think thats what this company is suggesting.

my website

my other website
ronparise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 05:12 PM   #6
timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 11, 05

Resorts: Now Cypress Pointe w/Diamond Club,Cove@Yarmouth Former: RCI Points Rayburn Country, DVC/Wyndham - Wastegate gone gone!
Note that the original "inquiry" was the one and only post by this new user who hasn't logged in since January 1, 2012. May have been an attempt to get this name noticed or to potentially start a "this is a good company" thread. In any case they apparently aren't interested in our replies to the "inquiry".

ADOPT A TIMESHARE!
BUY RESALE!

Proudly Microsoft & Apple free with WebOS, Droid Samsung S4 & Verizon Wireless - DW w/Chromebook

timeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2012, 07:26 PM   #7
joesnothome

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 10, 12
Smile VO and RO are VERY Different companies

[post removed at request of poster]

Last edited by Makai Guy; September 14, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
joesnothome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2012, 07:53 PM   #8
simpsontruckdriver

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 24, 11

Resorts: Star Island
No matter what anyone may post as a company, it's most likely "suspect". It has been posted everywhere, and is 100% true: do NOT pay ANYTHING to ANYONE to take the timeshare. If the company requires MFs to be paid off, the owner can simply pay the timeshare. Same thing with the mortgage, it should be paid off by the owner before heading to this or any PostCard Company. Charging the seller anything before the timeshare is sold is (most likely) a scam. If a company can not make it without charging the seller hundreds, or thousands, of dollars before the sale, they should find another line of business.

TS
simpsontruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2012, 04:56 PM   #9
silent truth

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 17, 12
Thumbs down The truth

Mike Ferrari was just found guilty of fraud regarding timeshare scams he was involved in. He got 5 years. The reason that is important is he also started American resort resolutions. After he was convicted he switched it out of his name. His brother works there and his father helped him thru his contacts at the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office. His father was in internal affairs. Please dont do business with them or you will regret it. If you want to know more let me know.

silent truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2013, 04:32 PM   #10
obiwantedj

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 13
What I know about Resort Ownership Resolutions

1. My parent's attorney just sent them a letter demanding a $25k refund for payments made against a bogus contract.

2. ROR's web site lists its head guy who happens to be one of the people arrested as a result of the FBI raid of the VO Group
obiwantedj is offline   Reply With Quote