Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 3, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1
davewasbaloo

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 7, 07

Resorts: Marriott Vacation Ile de France - 3 miles from Disneyland Paris
Interval International Renewal???

Hi folks,

I wondered if any of you might be able to help me with my query? We have owned our MVCI for 4 and a half years and took out a 5 year membership with II. We used to love II before DVC pulled out, DC started and before the kids started school. Now, it feels like money down the toilet (though would be great if we were not tied to the school vacations or were in the US - non Marriott resorts in the II system are not great quality in Europe).

We largely use our unit, or exchange with owners in the other European resorts, or trade for points. I wondered, if we allowed our membership to lapse and then in 3 years time if we wanted to trade into the states, could we simply re-enroll with II? Does anyone know? Has anyone done this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
davewasbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 12:09 PM   #2
yumdrey

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 30, 08
If you don't plan to exchange through II, you don't have to renew membership.
I would try direct exchange with other Marriott owners through TUG market place.
yumdrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3
JeffW
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
I'd also say if you no longer need it now, you might be able to cancel it and request a refund for your unused time.

If/when you did rejoin, I don't know if you'd keep your old member number, and list of resort weeks, or if you'd basically need to apply as a new member.

Jeff
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 04:03 PM   #4
yumdrey

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 30, 08
When I talked to an II rep last time, they said you can keep old member number when open an II account later again with the same resort. If you have a different resort, you will get a new II account number.
yumdrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 08:57 PM   #5
winger
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 7, 06

Resorts: Diamond Resorts International MVCI - MMC 2 BD Platinum season -> A Serious Case of Vacation/Travel Flu <-
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdrey View Post
When I talked to an II rep last time, they said you can keep old member number when open an II account later again with the same resort. If you have a different resort, you will get a new II account number.
When II customer relations closed my 15+ year II account lady month, lady said they would not be able to re-open/re-use my account if I ever wanted to start up membership again.
Newport Beach-Thanksgiving
Las Vegas-New Years!

2015 Travel
San Luis Obispo,CA
Amazing Race cross-country trip...

Last edited by winger; January 3, 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: correct typos (originated from handheld, withOUT qwerty kb)
winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 09:10 PM   #6
JimC

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05

Resorts: Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
I doubt they would refuse anyone who pays the membership fee, even a former member. I'm not planning to renew my membership since my last trade was three years ago.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2012, 09:35 PM   #7
dioxide45

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I doubt they would refuse anyone who pays the membership fee, even a former member. I'm not planning to renew my membership since my last trade was three years ago.
I agree. Let the II account laps, even ask for a refund of fees paid. They will happily take money later to sign the OP up again in the future. Old account number or new, it really doesn't matter.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Pompey Family

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 30, 09

Resorts: Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Playa Andaluza, Marriott Club Son Antem
Are you not interested in trading for US resorts? Over the three years that we've owned Harbour Lake we've exchanged it for Fairway Villa's, Village D'ile De France and now Grande Ocean. All were during the school holidays.

I know flights are exorbitant during the holidays hence we aim to visit the states every other year and is the reason why we've bought a Playa Andaluza week however I enjoy the flexibility and options that II provides.

I agree that European TS (Marriott being the exception) are generally poor and that's been a big disappointment and I really feel that some companies are missing a big opportunity over here.
Pompey Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2012, 04:56 PM   #9
davewasbaloo

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 7, 07

Resorts: Marriott Vacation Ile de France - 3 miles from Disneyland Paris
Thanks folks, I really do not think II is for us. Once the kids are grown and flown the nest, then it will likely make sense again. But I have not traded in about 3 years and getaways are worthless to us in the school vacations.

I don't want to miss out in the future though. It is useful for travel to the US mvci (or at least it was before DC started, not sure now).

But at the mo, I want european trips and if we spend on long haul it will be on Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and China (though when the time is right, we will take the kids to Williamsburg).
davewasbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote