Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Starwood Vacation Ownership

Starwood Vacation Ownership Discussions about the Westin / Sheraton branded Timeshare network

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 24, 2012, 10:01 PM   #1
amanven
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 15, 08

Resorts: Vistana Resort
Exchanging a 2013 week [Starwood]

I looked in the forums for answers to this but didn't find anything but I admit I may have missed something.
I want use my 2012 float week at my home resort in late November but have already decided to put my 2013 float week up for exchange.

Unit:
2bdrm resale float week within Starwood

The Questions:
Can I call Starwood and ask them to designate my 2013 float week for exchange within II now or do I have to wait till January 2013?
If I can do it now, do I have to pay my 2013 maintenance fee now or can it be paid in Jan 2013 when it would normally be due?
With a resale float week in Starwood could I do a request first on a 2013 week now or does Starwood have to designate or make something avaliable to II first.
Sorry if some of these questions sound dumb but when it comes to float week resales in Starwood I get lost in alll the if and's and buts and then there is II's website which doesn't make it any easier. I just looked at II. They show my 2012 week as being avaliable for exchange so when I try to search with it the website consistently reverts back to a 2012 dates.
Despite a couple of years of reading these forums the whole exchange process in II is still as clear as mud to me.
Any clarifications would be appreciated.
amanven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2012, 10:07 PM   #2
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, 3 X Kauai Beach Villas, Edinburg Residence
Since Starwood and II have different rules than everyone else, I moved your post to the Starwood forum.

At the top of the forum there is a sticky with a walk-through for II that you should take a look at.

Quote:
Can I call Starwood and ask them to designate my 2013 float week for exchange within II now or do I have to wait till January 2013?
The first day that you can reserve a floating 2013 week is Jan. 1, 2012 - that's also the first day you can "designate your week for exchange." If your 2012 deposit is still in your Acct., Starwood will use it before the 2013 deposit for an exchange or on-going request.

Quote:
If I can do it now, do I have to pay my 2013 maintenance fee now or can it be paid in Jan 2013 when it would normally be due?
You pay it when it's normally due.

Quote:
With a resale float week in Starwood could I do a request first on a 2013 week now or does Starwood have to designate or make something avaliable to II first.
You simply call Starwood Owner Reservations and tell Starwood that you want to "designate your week for exchange." Under the 2009 rules, Starwood doesn't actually deposit anything - you just use the predetermined trading power to trade with.

Quote:
They show my 2012 week as being avaliable for exchange so when I try to search with it the website consistently reverts back to a 2012 dates.
Under the rules implemented in 2009, the actual week you deposit will never show in II. All that will ever show is a place holder with the current year's date. Even if you don't deposit it, even if you rent it, even if you sell it, even if you deposit your 2013 week, ONLY a place holder for 2012 will show in your online II Acct. Stupid - I know - but that's the new and improved system.

my webpage

Last edited by DeniseM; January 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote