• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club Villages

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Wow. Just spent a week at Bay Club Villages. 2-story units (no elavators) with private carports in front of unit. On golf course/view. Their sandwiched between the 3-story building (w/elevators & no private parking). The Villages are over 2,000 sq ft, with 2-master suites (tub & shower each) & 1/2 bathroom off kitchen/entry.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these a seperate section of Bay Club? Can you request these when booking?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I believe these are the Bay Club Villas, which are a part of the Bay Club. There are several 2BR floor plans, and these are the largest, Floor Plans E & F (if someone wants the floor plans, I can email them to you, just send me a PM).

What I do not know is if these are the 2BR Plus units, which are the 8,400 point units in HGVC. I've seen conflicting threads on TUG, with some suggesting that the 2BR Plus is the Villas, and others suggesting the 2BR Plus are the top floors of the units.

I hope to clarify that on future trip to Waikoloa.

All the best,

Greg

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
What I do not know is if these are the 2BR Plus units, which are the 8,400 point units in HGVC. I've seen conflicting threads on TUG, with some suggesting that the 2BR Plus is the Villas, and others suggesting the 2BR top floor

Greg

villas are the plus units at 8400 points. They sold penthouses at a premium but they are still considered standard units. I own one and know that for a fact. They do provide preferences to owners for unit assignment, but not more points.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
villas are the plus units at 8400 points. They sold penthouses at a premium but they are still considered standard units. I own one and know that for a fact. They do provide preferences to owners for unit assignment, but not more points.

Sandy, thank you for the confirmation, those are supposed to be wonderful units! (But they are all supposed to be wonderful units!)

Thanks again,

Greg

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe these are the Bay Club Villas, which are a part of the Bay Club. There are several 2BR floor plans, and these are the largest, Floor Plans E & F (if someone wants the floor plans, I can email them to you, just send me a PM).

What I do not know is if these are the 2BR Plus units, which are the 8,400 point units in HGVC. I've seen conflicting threads on TUG, with some suggesting that the 2BR Plus is the Villas, and others suggesting the 2BR Plus are the top floors of the units.

I hope to clarify that on future trip to Waikoloa.

All the best,

Greg

Villas makes more sense, but the young girl that checked us in said Villages several times.

So, 7,000 points for a 2-bdrm, platinum, 3-story. And 8,400 points for a 2-bdrm, platinum, 2-story Villa?

TTom

Reaction score
So, 7,000 points for a 2-bdrm, platinum, 3-story. And 8,400 points for a 2-bdrm, platinum, 2-story Villa?

7000 point platinum units are the top (third) floor of the regular BC buildings. They are not 3 story units.

Tom

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
7000 point platinum units are the top (third) floor of the regular BC buildings. They are not 3 story units.

Tom

Not trying to be argumenative but inquisitive. A 1-story house has 1-floor. My 2-story house has a first floor and a second floor (2-floors). So, wouldn't a condo with 3-floors also have 3-story's (1-2-3)? An elevator would be marked 1(G)-2-3? :confused:

Either way, luv'd the Bay Club Villa 2-Story/Floored units (no elevator). :cheer:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Not trying to be argumenative but inquisitive. A 1-story house has 1-floor. My 2-story house has a first floor and a second floor (2-floors). So, wouldn't a condo with 3-floors also have 3-story's (1-2-3)? An elevator would be marked 1(G)-2-3? :confused:

Either way, luv'd the Bay Club Villa 2-Story/Floored units (no elevator). :cheer:

I think he was trying to point out that the layout of the individual unit itself did not have three levels.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villas are NOT 2 level per unit. There are 2 units in each building. 1 on the upper floor and 1 on the ground floor. Each unit has it own carport.

So they are NOT 2 level stand alone units. You still have neighbors. There are 28 total villas. They are located in 7 clusters with 2 Villas buildings, and 4 units in each cluster.

I like the top unit as they ceilings are higher and it makes it feel roomier.

And yes all of the 2 BR Standard 7K units are in the 6 3 story buildings. The buildings area all shaped like a backwards Cs. The opening of the C faces the parking lot. The ends of the C are the 1 BR units. So NO 1 BR unit has a golf course view, they all have parking lot views.

Please NOTE there are also two types of 2 BR units (both 7K) an A plan unit, that is larger and overlooks the golf course. These are located at the back of the C. There is also a B plan unit. These are slightly smaller and are located on the top and bottom of the C.

I have both site plans and floor plans that were in my ownership docs.

I hope that clarifies units.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tom

Yes a penthouse is 7K, true but it implies that booking a 7K will get you a penthouse, which it will NOT true.

7K standard units are ANY of the A or B 2BR floor plans on ANY of the floors in ANY of the 6 3 story buildings. They are not JUST the penthouse floor. Just to be clear.

The 7K units are NOT just the penthouse (the 3rd floor units). That is incorrect.

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villas are NOT 2 level per unit. There are 2 units in each building. 1 on the upper floor and 1 on the ground floor. Each unit has it own carport.

So they are NOT 2 level stand alone units. You still have neighbors. There are 28 total villas. They are located in 7 clusters with 2 Villas buildings, and 4 units in each cluster.

I like the top unit as they ceilings are higher and it makes it feel roomier.

And yes all of the 2 BR Standard 7K units are in the 6 3 story buildings. The buildings area all shaped like a backwards Cs. The opening of the C faces the parking lot. The ends of the C are the 1 BR units. So NO 1 BR unit has a golf course view, they all have parking lot views.

Please NOTE there are also two types of 2 BR units (both 7K) an A plan unit, that is larger and overlooks the golf course. These are located at the back of the C. There is also a B plan unit. These are slightly smaller and are located on the top and bottom of the C.

I have both site plans and floor plans that were in my ownership docs.

I hope that clarifies units.

1. The Villas are NOT 2 level per unit. There are 2 units in each building. 1 on the upper floor and 1 on the ground floor. TRUE

2. Each unit has it own carport. Not True, at least not for the building that I was in. I was in #811 (next to the family pool) on the ground floor. We had to share the carport with the people on the 2nd floor. Since we had a Dodge Durango and the 2nd floor people had a full size Mercury, it was a little tight, but do-able.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2. Each unit has it own carport. Not True, at least not for the building that I was in. I was in #811 (next to the family pool) on the ground floor. We had to share the carport with the people on the 2nd floor. Since we had a Dodge Durango and the 2nd floor people had a full size Mercury, it was a little tight, but do-able.

Ok there is a double carport, that normally fits two regular sized vehicles. If you get 2 bigger SUVs, you are indeed correct that might be a little tight.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy, I have a question. When you turn off Waikoloa Beach Drive, thru the open gates, toward the Waikoloa club house and registration building: Is the Waikoloa Beach Resort (WBR) to the left of the club house (when looking at it) and all of the Bay Club (BC) to the right, or are some of the units to the right of the club house also part of WBR?

I never did figure out where WBR was at when I was there (I didn't ask). Plus, about 200 feet to the right of the club house is where I saw an HGVC sign, along with a number of HGVC vehicles used for their WBR/BC presentations.

thanks, :D

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes a penthouse is 7K, true but it implies that booking a 7K will get you a penthouse, which it will NOT true.

7K standard units are ANY of the A or B 2BR floor plans on ANY of the floors in ANY of the 6 3 story buildings. They are not JUST the penthouse floor. Just to be clear.

The 7K units are NOT just the penthouse (the 3rd floor units). That is incorrect.

Sandy, another question. In the HGVC Member Guide for the Bay Club, under Platinum, they show 7K points for a 2-Bdrm and 8.4K points for a 2-Bdrm Plus.

1. It sound like a 3rd floor unit in a 3-story building is a penthouse and is an 8.4K Plus unit (Platinum Season)?

2. Are ALL (1st & 2nd floors) of the Villa units also 8.4K Plus units (Platinum Season)?

3. Would you suggest only buying 8.4K Plus Platinum season units?

Thanks,

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy, another question. In the HGVC Member Guide for the Bay Club, under Platinum, they show 7K points for a 2-Bdrm and 8.4K points for a 2-Bdrm Plus.

1. It sound like a 3rd floor unit in a 3-story building is a penthouse and is an 8.4K Plus unit (Platinum Season)?

2. Are ALL (1st & 2nd floors) of the Villa units also 8.4K Plus units (Platinum Season)?

Thanks,

Ron,

My interpretation of this thread is that the 7K 2BR units are all together in certain buildings (that also have the 1br units in them). These 2 br units are on the first, second and third (which is the top) floors. There are two different floor plans for these 7K units.

The 2 br Plus is a separate floor plan and they sit in their own buildings with a unit above and a unit below.

I have a site map do Bay Club and I think this makes sense?

Thx!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks,

1. NO, that is wrong. 3 FL unit is a standard unit according to the point chart. So 2 BR on 3rd floor is 7K and 1BR on 3 floor is 4.8K (provided we are taking Platinum season here NOT the 4 weeks in May nor the 4 weeks in Oct that BC is Gold season. How can I say this to be clear.

2. Yes, all are 8.4K

3. NO, buy whatever you need to use. If you go every year during platinum season and go for a full week and only want a villa, then yes own 8.4. But if you don't go every year and some years you go elsewhere, then buy whatever will work for you. I own 14K, not just 8.4K. I can't tell you want you should be buying for points, as it depends on your anticipated travel patterns. Besides there are only 28 2 BR Plus - Villas and there are 90 standard 2 BR X number of weeks. So there are nearly 4 times as many 2 BR that might be available for sale here vs the Villas units.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy, I have a question. When you turn off Waikoloa Beach Drive, thru the open gates, toward the Waikoloa club house and registration building: Is the Waikoloa Beach Resort (WBR) to the left of the club house (when looking at it) and all of the Bay Club (BC) to the right, or are some of the units to the right of the club house also part of WBR?

I never did figure out where WBR was at when I was there (I didn't ask). Plus, about 200 feet to the right of the club house is where I saw an HGVC sign, along with a number of HGVC vehicles used for their WBR/BC presentations.

thanks, :D

There are two turns on Waikoloa beach drive. One in the middle of the Bay Club by the registration desk, Pool and activity center, but there is also an entrance up just before the turn onto the Maintenance road.

The one just my the maintenance road is the entrance to WBR, these are the buildings that are right against the road.

A the Bay club entrace there is a water fall right there are you turn as well. The Bay Club 3 story buildings are all on the golf course side with the parking lot between the building and the road. The only buildinds on the road side are the club house, activities building and a few of the 2 story villas units. The Bay club pool, club house by that water fall, is in the middle of the BC, some BC units in both directions.

The WBC units look different from the BC units and run right along the road, with a few units a behind the main lobby building. There units are located right up against the Maintenance road as well.

Does that shed any light on it.

I would have to guess that you are taking about turning in to WBC entrance, in that situation all of the units directly behind the club house are WBC, and a few building to the right of the club house are also WBC. The BC units start a little farther down to the right. If you look on google maps, you can see that the buildings look different. However not google maps have the resort misnamed as an Aston which it is NOT.

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1. NO, that is wrong. 3 FL unit is a standard unit according to the point chart. So 2 BR on 3rd floor is 7K (Intersting, I thought that they would be 8.4K, because of demand.) and 1BR on 3 floor is 4.8K (provided we are taking Platinum season here NOT the 4 weeks in May nor the 4 weeks in Oct that BC is Gold season. How can I say this to be clear (You did).

2. Yes, all are 8.4K (That's what I thought, so when I see a Bay Club 8.4K unit for sale, I'll know that it SHOULD BE a Villa's unit.)

3. NO, buy whatever you need to use. If you go every year during platinum season and go for a full week and only want a villa, then yes own 8.4. But if you don't go every year (I'm leaning toward an EOY that I can use every 18-months, with points to spare) and some years you go elsewhere, then buy whatever will work for you. I own 14K, not just 8.4K. I can't tell you want you should be buying for points, as it depends on your anticipated travel patterns. Besides there are only 28 2 BR Plus - Villas and there are 90 standard 2 BR X number of weeks. So there are nearly 4 times as many 2 BR that might be available for sale here vs the Villas units. (I see more 7K units available and at a better price/point. Probably will wind-up with a 7K EOY, but leaning toward an 8.4K Villa.)

Mahalo Nui Loa, Ron

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
fyi...Sandy also provided the Bay Club Site Map and Floor plans on TUG - http://www.tug2.com/RepPages/Resorts/11874.htm (click Site Map "Large" to see unit numbers).

From pages 17 & 18 of the Disclosure Statement on BayClubResalesHawaii.com - http://www.bayclubresaleshawaii.com/Util/GetDocument.ashx?docId=1212411

EXHIBIT "1"
UNIT TYPES AND UNITS IN THE PROGRAM

A. UNIT TYPES. The Units in this Program are currently divided into nine (9) types, as follows:
TYPE I UNITS. Deluxe one bedroom, with sleeping accommodations for up to four (4) persons.
TYPE II UNITS. Deluxe two bedrooms, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE III UNITS. Penthouse one bedroom, with sleeping accommodations for up to four (4) persons.
TYPE IV UNITS. Penthouse two bedrooms, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE V UNITS. Grand Villa two bedrooms, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE VI UNITS. Deluxe two bedrooms, A floor plan, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE VII UNITS. Deluxe two bedrooms, B floor plan, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE VIII UNITS. Penthouse two bedrooms, A floor plan, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.
TYPE IX UNITS. Penthouse two bedrooms, B floor plan, with sleeping accommodations for up to six (6) persons.

B. TOTAL NUMBER OF UNITS IN THE PROGRAM BY UNIT TYPE.
The total number of Units of each type currently in the Program, and their respective apartment numbers, are as follows:

Type I
36 Units, including Units 111, 117, 118, 121, 127, 128, 211, 212, 218, 221, 222, 228, 311, 317, 318, 321, 327, 328, 411, 412, 418, 421, 422, 428, 911, 917, 918, 921, 927, 928, 1011, 1012, 1018, 1021, 1022, and 1028

Type II
1 Unit, including Units 423

Type III
18 Units, including Units 131, 137, 138, 231, 232, 238, 331, 337, 338, 431, 432, 438, 931, 937, 938, 1031, 1032 and 1038

Type IV
1 Unit, including Units 436

Type V
26 Units, including Units 511, 512, 521, 522, 611, 612, 711, 712, 721, 722, 811, 812, 821, 822, 1111, 1112, 1121, 1122, 1211, 1212, 1221, 1222, 1311, 1312, 1321 and 1322

Type VI
35 Units, including Units 113, 114, 115, 123, 124, 125, 214, 215, 216, 224, 225, 226, 314, 315, 323, 324, 325, 414, 415, 416, 424, 425, 426, 913, 914, 915, 923, 924, 925, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1024, 1025 and 1026

Type VII
23 Units, including Units 112, 116, 122, 126, 213, 217, 223, 227, 312, 316, 322, 326, 413, 417, 427, 912, 916, 922, 926, 1013, 1017, 1023 and 1027

Type VIII
15 Units, including Units 134, 135, 234, 235, 333, 334, 335, 434, 435, 933, 934, 935, 1034, 1035 and 1036

Type IX
12 Units, including Units 132, 136, 233, 237, 332, 336, 437, 433, 932, 936, 1033 and 1037

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's an important point that was not mentioned. You can own at the Bay club and join Hilton Grand Vacation Club as an Associate member. Think of this like Starwood, and the Bay Club is not a mandatory resort, but unlike Starwood you pay $500 and get full benefits of points. That is how you the points that everyone is talking about, but just owning at Bay Club is like a deeded week and no points are involved. Join HVC and now you have points and now you have some nice options such as a one bedroom is 4,800 points and the 2 bedroom villas are 8,400. But go during gold season and a one bedroom is 3400, and the 2+ is just 5600. I frequently plan to travel during during either of the two 4 week gold seasons April/May or Sept/Oct, to get the savings and absence of a lot of school children. I also prefer the upstairs 2+ villas because the lay out in spacious and the upstair villa living room has additional windows just below the ceiling which really brings in a lot more light.

Here is what I did this year. The Kingsland is the new exclusive and expensive Hilton project at Waiokoloa, and it is a vast amount of points approx 12,000. I deposited into Hilton RCI just 3200 of my 4800 pts. and was confirmed into a 2 bedroom at the Kingsland in February. It works for me. Hilton Waikiki is the location that is in #1 demand in Hilton, yet I return every year to the Bay Club and the Big Island is Paradise for me and my golf clubs.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's an important point that was not mentioned. You can own at the Bay club and join Hilton Grand Vacation Club as an Associate member. Think of this like Starwood, and the Bay Club is not a mandatory resort, but unlike Starwood you pay $500 and get full benefits of points. That is how you the points that everyone is talking about, but just owning at Bay Club is like a deeded week and no points are involved. Join HVC and now you have points and now you have some nice options such as a one bedroom is 4,800 points and the 2 bedroom villas are 8,400. But go during gold season and a one bedroom is 3400, and the 2+ is just 5600. (or 3400 for a 1-bdrm & 5000 for a 2-bdrm = 8400. The 1-week/MF can get me 2-weeks in Hawaii: a 1-bdrm @ HHV and a 2-bdrm @ Bay Club, or vise versa. Like you, I plan on using a platinum week during gold to maximize my points.) I frequently plan to travel during during either of the two 4 week gold seasons April/May or Sept/Oct, to get the savings and absence of a lot of school children. I also prefer the upstairs 2+ villas because the lay out in spacious and the upstair villa living room has additional windows just below the ceiling which really brings in a lot more light.

Here is what I did this year. The Kingsland is the new exclusive and expensive Hilton project at Waiokoloa, and it is a vast amount of points approx 12,000. I deposited into Hilton RCI just 3200 of my 4800 pts. and was confirmed into a 2 bedroom at the Kingsland in February. It works for me. (I was wondering how I'd use Hilton-RCI, since I only want to trade Hilton-for-Hilton and stay in Hawaii) Hilton Waikiki is the location that is in #1 demand in Hilton, yet I return every year to the Bay Club and the Big Island is Paradise for me and my golf clubs.

Thanks for sharing,

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are two turns on Waikoloa beach drive. One in the middle of the Bay Club by the registration desk, Pool and activity center (This is the Bay Club (BC) Activity Center. which has a pool, spa, weight room, and business center. There is no registration done here (at least as of 5/18/2012), all registration is done at the Waikoloa Beach Resort (WBR)) , but there is also an entrance up just before the turn onto the Maintenance road. (This is the WBR entrance (and Bay Club) that I mentioned, they leave this gate open all of the time. Steer left as you enter and you will be at the WBR Activity Center and the Registration Desks for WBR and BC. Turn right and you head to the BC units)

The one just my the maintenance road is the entrance to WBR, these are the buildings that are right against the road (You see these along the maintenance road, which we used a lot).

A the Bay club entrace there is a water fall (I don't remember the water fall, but the family pool (no spa) is right in front of the gate) right there are you turn as well. The Bay Club 3 story buildings are all on the golf course (At least 2 of the Villa buildings are on the golf course, our Villa unit #811 was on the golf course next to the BC family pool.) side with the parking lot between the building and the road. The only buildinds on the road side are the club house, activities building and a few of the 2 story villas units. The Bay club pool, club house by that water fall, is in the middle of the BC, some BC units in both directions.

The WBC units look different from the BC units and run right along the road, with a few units a behind the main lobby building. There units are located right up against the Maintenance road as well.

Does that shed any light on it.

I would have to guess that you are taking about turning in to WBC entrance (Yes), in that situation all of the units directly behind the club house are WBC, and a few building to the right of the club house are also WBC. (That's what I was wondering and asking about, they blended in well with BC) The BC units start a little farther down to the right. If you look on google maps, you can see that the buildings look different (I'll check it out). However not google maps have the resort misnamed as an Aston which it is NOT.

Thanks, :D

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is possible to trade into a Hilton via RCI.

Couple of pro and cons:

Points required are less via RCI. A 2 BR red season week (you use RCI seasons not HGVC seasons). So a Platinum week could be obtained using a 4800 points via RCI and it could cost 7000 or more for the same unit via HGVC.

You pay an exchange fee that is four times higher than HGVC charges ($199 vs $49). But it is a trade off as the points are far less.

You can only book into HGVC resorts via RCI in the same 9 month rule that you have via HGVC open season. Even though units are often available in RCI for longer that the 9 month out.

And once you stay at a resort, RCIs 1 in 4 year rule kicks in and you can not return to the resort for another 4 years VIA RCI. You could always go back via HGVC.

So how has that worked for me...

In the last 3 years I have booked into a 3 HGVC units, via RCI HGVC portal, or via another RCI account that I deposit non-HGVC weeks into.

I booked a 2 BR at Kingsland, used my non HGVC RCI account, and booked it for a week that had a $350 MF and paid the exchange fee. But worth far less than either the 10.5K that it have cost via HGVC directly. Even via RCI this would have been a deal.

I booked a studio at Hilton Club NYC for 2400 HGVC points via my RCI HGVC portal.

I also booked a 2 BR Thanksgiving 2013 in Waikiki. Here I used my non HGVC portal, as the HGVC portal would only allow me to book 9 months out.

It is good to take advantage of some of the bulk spacebanking that HGVC does periodically. It also stretches your points a little farther.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is possible to trade into a Hilton via RCI.

Couple of pro and cons:

Points required are less via RCI. A 2 BR red season week (you use RCI seasons not HGVC seasons). So a Platinum week could be obtained using a 4800 points via RCI and it could cost 7000 or more for the same unit via HGVC.

You pay an exchange fee that is four times higher than HGVC charges ($199 vs $49). But it is a trade off as the points are far less.

You can only book into HGVC resorts via RCI in the same 9 month rule that you have via HGVC open season. Even though units are often available in RCI for longer that the 9 month out.

And once you stay at a resort, RCIs 1 in 4 year rule kicks in and you can not return to the resort for another 4 years VIA RCI. (I was wondering if the 1-in-4 rule would kick-in using the HGVC-RCI portal: Bummer. :bawl: But like you said, you can always use your HGVC points if you want to go back: i.e. 57th ST. :whoopie: ) You could always go back via HGVC.

So how has that worked for me...

In the last 3 years I have booked into a 3 HGVC units, via RCI HGVC portal, or via another RCI account that I deposit non-HGVC weeks into.

I booked a 2 BR at Kingsland, used my non HGVC RCI account, and booked it for a week that had a $350 MF and paid the exchange fee. But worth far less than either the 10.5K that it have cost via HGVC directly. Even via RCI this would have been a deal.

I booked a studio at Hilton Club NYC for 2400 HGVC points via my RCI HGVC portal.

I also booked a 2 BR Thanksgiving 2013 in Waikiki. Here I used my non HGVC portal, as the HGVC portal would only allow me to book 9 months out.

It is good to take advantage of some of the bulk spacebanking that HGVC does periodically. It also stretches your points a little farther.

Thanks, Ron