• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Closing costs Hgvc vs Bay Club

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok... Still running my costs for Bay Club vs. a regular HGVC... Wanted to make sure I understand closing costs..

Bay Club: whatever closing company cost..say $300-500, Resort transfer fee $50, Hgvc conversion $500.

Hgvc closing company cost $300-$500, resort transfer fee $399, club initiation fee$399.

Does this look correct? Is there also a$399 club initiation fee for bay club?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Ok... Still running my costs for Bay Club vs. a regular HGVC... Wanted to make sure I understand closing costs..

Bay Club: whatever closing company cost..say $300-500, Resort transfer fee $50, Hgvc conversion $500.

Hgvc closing company cost $300-$500, resort transfer fee $399, club initiation fee$399.

When I purchased BC on eBay, I paid $299 for a 1br EOY from laman, with closing it was $949 out the door, but no HGVC conversion. No $399 club initiation fee because a) I wasn't converting and b) I was already a member. I think you only pay the $399 to set up your HGVC membership account for non-members.

I considered trading it through RCI, but BC does not have a corp portal like HGVC so you have to pay for RCI account. I decided to convert to HGVC instead so I contacted them recently and had to pay $250 conversion fee because it's EOY, $500 for annual.

I can send in my booking request to BC starting in Jan for the following year, but I have to include mf payment. If I want the points I still have to send in mf and request to bank them, then the points will be added to my HGVC account.

I have to say its a slow process, I haven't seen any confirmation of the conversion yet and they haven't cashed the check for $250. I did get confirmation of my reservation for next march from HGVC, but the mf fee check hasn't cleared either.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I purchased BC on eBay, I paid $299 for a 1br EOY from laman, with closing it was $949 out the door, but no HGVC conversion. No $399 club initiation fee because a) I wasn't converting and b) I was already a member. I think you only pay the $399 to set up your HGVC membership account for non-members.

I considered trading it through RCI, but BC does not have a corp portal like HGVC so you have to pay for RCI account. I decided to convert to HGVC instead so I contacted them recently and had to pay $250 conversion fee because it's EOY, $500 for annual.

I can send in my booking request to BC starting in Jan for the following year, but I have to include mf payment. If I want the points I still have to send in mf and request to bank them, then the points will be added to my HGVC account.

I have to say its a slow process, I haven't seen any confirmation of the conversion yet and they haven't cashed the check for $250. I did get confirmation of my reservation for next march from HGVC, but the mf fee check hasn't cleared either.

Thanks for the clarification! How long have you been waiting?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks for the clarification! How long have you been waiting?

I got my reservation confirmation back within 5 days of BC getting payment, the staff at BC booking are very helpful, the paper check is just taking a while to clear.

It's HGVC in FLA that has been sitting on the conversion request for 45 days now. It's not a problem for me since I'm using BC but if I wanted to trade elsewhere in HGVC with the points it might be an issue.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my reservation confirmation back within 5 days of BC getting payment, the staff at BC booking are very helpful, the paper check is just taking a while to clear.

It's HGVC in FLA that has been sitting on the conversion request for 45 days now. It's not a problem for me since I'm using BC but if I wanted to trade elsewhere in HGVC with the points it might be an issue.

45 is an unreasonable amount of time to wait! 30 days maybe but 45! Oh my! I hope it gets converted soon. You got a great price on Bay Club...Right now I'm debating between Bay club EOY 7000 point platinum or an Annual HGVC Las Vegas or Seaworld 3400 point gold.... From what you are telling me I think I might leand more towardos the Las Vegas or Seaworld unless I can find a great deal like you have!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Bay club fees are correct but it is only $250 conversion fee for an odd or even unit. If it is an annual unit it is $500 for both. With a bay club unit the beauty is that you can convert either the odd or even unit into points and keep the other half for use. Also you would have to pay the annual club fee which was $119 for last year.

HGVC charges $399 to transfer a true hgvc resort to your name. It is $101 less than a conversion from bay club.

Right now in the marketplace there is a bay club eoy odd for only $1275. With conversion fee and closing costs you are looking at under $1800. $1275+$250 conversion+$50 resort transfer=$1575. You can get closing done for as little as $150 from a company here on tug. Now that is a steal for 7000 hgvc points.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
45 is an unreasonable amount of time to wait! 30 days maybe but 45! Oh my! I hope it gets converted soon. You got a great price on Bay Club...Right now I'm debating between Bay club EOY 7000 point platinum or an Annual HGVC Las Vegas or Seaworld 3400 point gold.... From what you are telling me I think I might leand more towardos the Las Vegas or Seaworld unless I can find a great deal like you have!

For conversion I am happy to help any one with a bay club unit. As soon as you have a copy of the filed deed from the state of hawaii I can help you get the conversion done in as little as 5 business days. I have even had the conversion done in as little as 2 days after I faxed or emailed in the conversion form.

Everyone please PM me if you are going with the bay club conversion to hgvc. I will help you out to get it done timely and quickly.