• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Anyone hear of Leisure Getaways, Inc.?

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just bought a HGVC from Leisure Getaways Inc. HOPING and PRAYING that this group is not a scam. Please reply if you know anything. Thanks!!!!!!:ponder:

Reaction score
Just make sure they answer all your questions, whether by e-mail or phone. Also check how many reviews they have. The higher the number, the better. Also, you can ask for the Estoppel Letter, which will show you what you purchased. Plus, no out-of-the-blue fees.

TS

Last edited:

tugger2020

Reaction score
Just bought a HGVC from Leisure Getaways Inc. HOPING and PRAYING that this group is not a scam. Please reply if you know anything. Thanks!!!!!!:ponder:

I almost bought a timeshare from them yesterday for this unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251163561812

We agreed on pricing but they wanted me to make the full payment immediately and there wasn't any escrow so I cancelled the deal. They could be legit for all I know but I didn't want to take that chance.

Their eBay feedback reputation (eBay ID is 2984carl) is good but when I looked into it further, all of their feedback except for one was from items they bought versus anything they sold.

So to each his/her own. I can understand making full payment if the unit is only worth a few hundred dollars but I don't like the idea of paying someone thousands of dollars up front.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you sure you bought an actual timeshare from them? They appear to be a travel marketing company that sends out mailers offering so called "free" vacations. How did your deal take place?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I almost bought a timeshare from them yesterday for this unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251163561812

We agreed on pricing but they wanted me to make the full payment immediately and there wasn't any escrow so I cancelled the deal. They could be legit for all I know but I didn't want to take that chance.

Their eBay feedback reputation (eBay ID is 2984carl) is good but when I looked into it further, all of their feedback except for one was from items they bought versus anything they sold.

So to each his/her own. I can understand making full payment if the unit is only worth a few hundred dollars but I don't like the idea of paying someone thousands of dollars up front.

Not saying they are or are not legitimate but only 3 total feedbacks in the last 12 months is not considered a good reputation by any stretch.

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll give them a call and update you with some answers. Ugggg.:(

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll give them a call and update you with some answers. Ugggg.:(

Just make sure when you call LGI at (800)896-9308 that they are the ones you are dealing with and bought the timeshare from. They are an actual company and have been around for a while. Not sure if they have been selling timeshares direct. Maybe they only recently started but they are an actual business if that is who you are dealing with.

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Carl, from Leisure Getaways and he gave me the name and number of company dealing with the transaction. The company is Timeshare Trade-Ins in Branson, MO. www.timesharetradeins.com. I called but I'm in Hawaii and they were already closed for the day. Carl also said they will send me the Estoppel letter as well.

So far so good, but I'm holding my breath.

When I asked him about the feedback on ebay, his answer was that normally the closing takes more than 60 days and after 60 days you cannot leave a feedback (I looked that up and that's true).

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Carl, from Leisure Getaways and he gave me the name and number of company dealing with the transaction. The company is Timeshare Trade-Ins in Branson, MO. www.timesharetradeins.com. I called but I'm in Hawaii and they were already closed for the day. Carl also said they will send me the Estoppel letter as well.

When I asked him about the feedback on ebay, his answer was that normally the closing takes more than 60 days and after 60 days you cannot leave a feedback (I looked that up and that's true).

While that is true, either they do very low volume or all their closings take over 60 days. If you look at the other eBay mass sellers they have many that close faster than 60 and they have feedback, some negative. I just had a closing that took 8 days.

They have a C rating at the BBB which isn't horrible considering their money up front business. Complaints are likely to come from the seller side. A buyer complaint would be the typical "closing taking too long". You aren't getting scammed out of your money but understand "what" you are dealing with and be patient.

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-missouri/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/timesharetradeins-in-branson-mo-33921

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't advise relying on a name and number provided by the person whom you don't have 100% trust in; after all, he may be giving you the name and number of his scamming partner!

Be sure to research the name and number yourself to see if it actually matches what you have been provided with.

Keep us all posted, and best of luck with the transaction :hi:

maryjane

Reaction score
I was the Ebay buyer who left positive feedback for lgi-inc.

After reading on tug for the better part of a year, I thought I knew what I was getting in to, but I jumped the gun and bid on a Hyatt Beach House property they listed. It was only after winning that I realized that they were not using escrow. I wasn't comfortable proceeding at that point, so I cancelled the sale. I had to leave positive feedback in order for them to agree to cancel.

I still keep an eye on their Ebay feedback to see if I dodged a bullet or missed a great opportunity. I do hope they are legit, though, and that someone else ended up with a good deal.

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks maryjane. Did you work directly with Carl Rash or another person?

They work with www.timesharetradeins.com to handle the transaction. I'm still nervous and holding my breath to see what happens. I put a call into Timeshare Tradeins and waiting for a reply. Will keep you posted :) Aloha.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score

They work with www.timesharetradeins.com to handle the transaction. I'm still nervous and holding my breath to see what happens. I put a call into Timeshare Tradeins and waiting for a reply. Will keep you posted :) Aloha.

Who appears to be affiliated with Resort Closings in Bozeman MT. (Bottom of page) http://www.resortclosings.com/

I'm starting to think the entire TS resale world is controlled by three or four people!!!

maryjane

Reaction score

I dealt primarily with Brandon Hill, but when I emailed to ask who would be handling escrow, the reply was from CBH, and I believe those are the initials of Cavit Handley. His response was that funds were held by Leisure Getaways and closing was done by Timeshare Tradeins.

Mary

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. No relation to Resort Closings Inc out of MT. This is Resort Closings LLC... My Bad.:eek:

cshinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Kmakani, Any update on your Leisure Getaways Transaction??

Kmakani, do you have any update on your purchase? Has it gone through? Has Leisure Getaways updated you??

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry about updating. I wanted to have information to share. So as of Nov 1st, my paperwork has been sent to Hilton for confirmation of transfer. PJ, the rep who is handling my paperwork from Timeshare Trade-ins has been wonderful and keeping the ebay seller, Carl Rash from Leisure Getaways in the loop. She said now she cannot give me a time frame on how long it takes Hilton to review the papers, but someone here on TUG said it took them about two weeks. So far I am breathing easy about this ebay sale! I'll let you know when it goes through!

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Still waiting for closing. Was told possibly soon (this week or next). Still holding my breath

jumpercat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am working on a closing of a Hyatt property and have found PJ a delight to work with. I have not closed yet but feel confident I do not have an issue and I paid upfront...time will tell but I have spoken to Carl and PJ and they seem very helpful.

betelue

Reaction score
Leisure Getaways

I purchased from them, supposedly they would transfer the title of my
Wyndham and save me my maintenance fees. After I got home I became skeptical and did some research I didn't want to be the owner of 2 timeshares. They have been in business since 2011 they where representing themselves as RCI. However when I called RCI they where not familiar with them, I canceled my contract within the 72 hours. I am not sure if I missed out on a great deal or scam. When I google them I seen their number had been disconnected on one BBB report.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Wyndham contract from Leisure Gateways Incorporated, (lgicarl) on ebay

The deal just closed and I have a copy of the recorded deed, which is off to Wyndham

There can be problems and delays with any real estate transaction and timeshares are no exception. In this case there was a delay getting the seller to sign the deed. But they finally did and the deal is now done.

Carl kept me informed every step of the way. I was never worried about my money...Thats not true...Im always worried about my money, but there was no reason for my concern.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Wyndham contract from Leisure Gateways Incorporated, (lgicarl) on ebay

The deal just closed and I have a copy of the recorded deed, which is off to Wyndham

There can be problems and delays with any real estate transaction and timeshares are no exception. In this case there was a delay getting the seller to sign the deed. But they finally did and the deal is now done.

Carl kept me informed every step of the way. I was never worried about my money...Thats not true...Im always worried about my money, but there was no reason for my concern.

That's good news Ron as I'm currently working with Carl to finalize a Marriott Custom house deed transfer. So far so good for me too.

jumpercat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beware!!!

I originally said PJ and Carl were great to work with. I take it back.
It will be 7 months in 3 days since the purchase of my Hyatt timeshare from Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash. No one should have to go thru what I have been going thru with this company. I have been lied to numerous times. Calls are not returned when promised. And, this property is still not closed. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this team.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I originally said PJ and Carl were great to work with. I take it back.
It will be 7 months in 3 days since the purchase of my Hyatt timeshare from Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash. No one should have to go thru what I have been going thru with this company. I have been lied to numerous times. Calls are not returned when promised. And, this property is still not closed. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this team.

This is disappointing. I'm starting to grow concerned on my deal. I'm being told Carl has some health issues and now its being handled by some else who did return a call but didn't provide an answer.

I paid by credit card, do I have recourse through my credit card? It was about $3500 all in with MFs paid?