Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home | Resorts & Reviews| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Regions > Canada Timesharing
Log into the TUG BBS:

Canada Timesharing Discuss Timeshare Resorts and Timesharing tips, information and advice for your next vacation to Canada!

NEW! Add a 'Timeshare Vacation History' link to your posts! Learn How

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Member Banner Travels the World w/photos! Follow the Banner!

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 12, 12
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3
Buying a unit at Carriage Hills

I wanted to post this in the Canadian section as I Hope I might get an answer. Friends of ours have offered to give us their deeded floating red week at Carriage Hills. We just have to pay for the transfer fees, however we cannot find a lawyer to do the deed transfer. We found one company but they quoted me $1300 for the process. Does this sound right? Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Ontario who deals with timeshare title transfer? Thanks in advance for any answers.
annabanana3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 07:19 PM   #2
BM243923's Avatar
TUG Member
BBS Reg. Date: Jun 12, 06
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Posts: 350

Resorts: Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort Weeks 8 and 9
Look on ebay.com

You can buy units for $1.00 and closing costs are included. Save your 1299.99
BM243923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 06:28 PM   #3
TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,565

Resorts: HGVC Elite, Starwood 5*Elite
You do need a lawyer to do the closing in Ont. I pay around $750 for closing. I don't remember which lawyer that I use to close the deal. You can ask the resort as how to do it.
myip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2013, 07:51 PM   #4
BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 13
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3
Hi, did you find a lawyer for timeshare transfer in Ontario? If so, can you please give me his name or some contact info? I called several real estate lawyers but I was not able to locate one that deals with timeshares. Thank you!
ontarioTSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2013, 01:46 AM   #5
TUG Member
BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05
Location: Calgary,Ab, Canada
Posts: 617

Resorts: Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, Worldmark
I do not own carriage hills but have always done my own paperwork at zero cost. Call the resort and ask what has to be done to get the resort transferred into your name. Most likely it includes sending them a payment and getting both parties signatures. Unless you're paying a lot of money for this (I hope not) I'm sure you can do it yourself.

Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7
BBS Software Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Editorial Content Copyright ©1993 - 2016, Timeshare Users Group
Customized for TUG by Makai Guy.