• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGGERS?- Jan 21st, Golden Corral, Orlando area

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
HI everybody
Again, several of us are able to get together in the Orlando area -- (we already have 8!!)

We have met together, informally, in January , for 3 years now, and want to again.

This year, we will plan to mix a little better: Alan (AwayWeGO) 's suggestion is to change chairs when we get a new plate (musical chairs? - after all, he IS a musician!) ) so we can all get better acquainted.

January 21st - late lunch (senior buffet) ...

Come one, come all!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended with my nephew (11yo) last January. Both of us had a great time --- he liked the chocolate fountain and multiple steaks. I enjoyed putting faces with TUG handles.

I don't have plans to be in the area this January --- otherwise, I would be in attendance again (sans nephew as he can't skip school every year).

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
2 pm Jan 21st

HI everyone,
Golden Corral meet-up address = 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821. Telephone = 407-938-9500
2 pm -

CherylH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will try to make it, will be in Cocoa Beach

I enjoyed the get together last year. I think I will be staying near Cocoa Beach that week, so I will keep you posted if I can make it. Great Fun.:hi:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone else going to be in FL in January?

Join us Jan 21st!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We will give it a try. We will have my step-dad with us, and maybe my stepsisters, maybe one or two. That does limit our time because Dad only goes in January and loves to do as much Disney as he can.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joan: We (Steve & me) may be in Orlando that week. If so, we will DEFINATELY come. If plans get confirmed for that week, I'll confirm with you. Would be great to meet more TUGGERS! :hi:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We will give it a try. We will have my step-dad with us, and maybe my stepsisters, maybe one or two. That does limit our time because Dad only goes in January and loves to do as much Disney as he can.

Well, Cindy, the 2 pm time is the senior discount time so maybe that would sweeten the idea for your stepfather. We've been staying for hours each year visiting!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Will Be There -- Looking Forward To It.

Join us Jan 21st!
To enhance the event, we will bring name tags & sharpies -- not everybody there knows everybody else who will be there. Name tags might help.

Plus, as an idea to promote maximum in-person contact among TUG-BBS friends, let's try changing places at the dining table with each buffet plate refill.

Attendance at the annual event has grown so much that staying at just 1 place at the table all afternoon means missing out on spending some time with lots of the others who are there. Changing places will mean more chances to meet & interact with more TUG-BBS people.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
To enhance the event, we will bring name tags & sharpies -- not everybody there knows everybody else who will be there. Name tags might help.

Plus, as an idea to promote maximum in-person contact among TUG-BBS friends, let's try changing places at the dining table with each buffet plate refill.

Attendance at the annual event has grown so much that staying at just 1 place at the table all afternoon means missing out on spending some time with lots of the others who are there. Changing places will mean more chances to meet & interact with more TUG-BBS people.

I like Alan's musical chairs idea...and I enjoyed meeting Alan and others with Joan and Ron a few years back in Orlando. Alas, my hubby's having mucho dental work in Jan so we won't be able to attend (plus I've got NOLA scheduled for Jan 25 to attend the Krewe of Barkus parade, which is becoming an annual tradition). Hope to catch ya'll next year...have fun this year! Oh and P.S. Joan...I am enjoying "Turn Right at Machu Picchu" and thank you so much for recommending it to me! Happy New Year to all! :wave:

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Darn, we won't be in Orlando until the 26th. Have a great time!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Darn, we won't be in Orlando until the 26th. Have a great time!

We'll be in St Augustine until Feb 2nd and can meet anywhere there one day too...

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last blog I see from you is October. Have you updated it since then. If so, why can't I see them?

Nancy

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The last blog I see from you is October. Have you updated it since then. If so, why can't I see them?

Nancy

Hi = sorry - you are correct -- have to finish our Costa Rica trip and now a month in Hawaii (BI) - thanks for looking ! :)

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be in St Augustine until Feb 2nd and can meet anywhere there one day too.

Joan - it would be so wonderful to meet! We've been admiring your timeshare living and hope to emulate it for at least part of each year once we get things in place. We're going to be a Bonnett Creek from 1/26 to 2/1, and then we're hopping over to Sunisands at New Smyrna Beach from 2/1 to 2/8. I know New Smyrna would be closer for us to St. Augustine, but since you'd be leaving on the 2nd maybe we could figure out a day to drive up from BC - I'll have to get in touch with you when we get our schedule ironed out a little.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reminder that we are meeting the 21st

We have finally arrived in St Augustine for our month-long stay, enjoying it already.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm 40, do I still get the senior discount?

Hmmmm..is that wishful thinking or do you feel like a senior?

hope you'll be with us anyway!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Getting Closer -- Time & Distance Both.

Reminder that we are meeting the 21st
We will be there -- looking forward to it with strong enthusiasm.

We are already in the area -- checked in last night at Wyndham Cypress Palms. It's the 3rd time we've stayed here, 1BR deluxe each time (even though this time our RCI reservation was for a lesser 1BR -- go figure). Unit is newly upgraded & extremely nice.

Hoping to see a good crowd 2PM Monday at Golden Corral.

But wait a minute !

Last year the whole bunch met up at a Golden Corral up on International Drive.

Which location this year -- International Drive or the old location on Vineland Avenue ?

Either place is OK with us -- just need to know which 1 it is for 2013.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.....

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a wonderful time, everyone! I'm sorry we couldn't make it this year. Hopefully there will be another opportunity next year.

Dori

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned