Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 21, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1
hf5
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 21, 13
anyone have experience with GW Timeshare Services?

Hi - I just had a call from GW Timeshare Services, asking if my husband and I would like to meet with an agent to discuss selling our Marriott week with no upfront fees. Of course I'm skeptical. Is this perhaps an acronym for Groupwise? I found info warning about Groupwise, but haven't seen anything on GW.

Thanks!
hf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013, 02:56 PM   #2
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Here is the sniff test - ALL fees should come out of the proceeds of the sale. If there are ANY fees that they want you to pay directly NO MATTER WHAT THEY CALL THEM - it is a huge red flag. They may not disclose this fee until they have you "hooked."

my webpage
DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013, 05:07 PM   #3
csxjohn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 25, 12

Resorts: Tropic Shores, 2br X 2. Summer Bay, 3br L/O.
Read the link in this thread and use caution, especially since they contacted you.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186124

Support live, local music!
csxjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
GW location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf5 View Post
Hi - I just had a call from GW Timeshare Services, asking if my husband and I would like to meet with an agent to discuss selling our Marriott week with no upfront fees. Of course I'm skeptical. Is this perhaps an acronym for Groupwise? I found info warning about Groupwise, but haven't seen anything on GW.

Thanks!
Group Wise, Inc. (located in Hermitage, PA, at last report) has been known to initiate such cold calls (a TUG search on the name will reveal first hand reports and accounts from recipients of such cold calls).

If "GW" is located in Hermitage, PA or Sharon, PA (home of their ...ahem... "very closely affiliated" closing company named Timeshare Title, Inc., then chances would seem to be pretty good that Group Wise, Inc. and "GW" might indeed be one and the same entity.
theo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013, 06:11 PM   #5
pacodemountainside

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 11, 08

Resorts: Wyndham VIP 315K, AVP Floating Week
In my 74 years(hit today) of life travels I have NEVER had any one cold contacting me be it via e-mail, snail mail, carrier pigeon, telephone, courier, swinging chick, telegraph, pony express, etc. with a "great deal" having my best interests at stake.

This includes TS share associated scammers, Nigerian Minister of Finance, rich widow of whoever in outer Mongolia or wherever, Mother Tresa's sister, lottery I did not enter, pyramid selling schemes, free siding , windows, alarm, etc, stock promoter, 20% interest in risk free investment, oil well, gold or uranium mine, vacuum cleaner or encyclopedia salesman, easy money flipping foreclosures(watch Discovery channel) , ad infinitum!

Even if one is legitimate other 99 will cost you a fortune.

Legitimate philanthropists give money, they don't ask for !

Honest business people provide goods and services before getting paid or agree to escrow money with licensed bonded company!

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Last edited by pacodemountainside; January 21, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
pacodemountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013, 09:59 AM   #6
csxjohn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 25, 12

Resorts: Tropic Shores, 2br X 2. Summer Bay, 3br L/O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodemountainside View Post
In my 74 years(hit today) of life travels I have NEVER had any one cold contacting me be it via e-mail, snail mail, carrier pigeon, telephone, courier, swinging chick, telegraph, pony express, etc. with a "great deal" having my best interests at stake....
Happy birthday Paco!

Support live, local music!
csxjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013, 10:26 AM   #7
jpc763

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 10, 10

Resorts: Marriott Imperial Palms; Marriott Ko Olina - EOY; Marriott Shadow Ridge - EOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by hf5 View Post

Thanks!
Please see this thread (sorry it is long) of owners who have successfully sold their Marriotts back to Marriott.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178337

I would not trust a "cold call" but these calls to Marriott directly are legit.

Note: you may be shocked at what they are willing to pay for your timeshare (if they even make an offer) but it is a painless process and the resale on timeshares is close to zero.
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote