• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

More Scammers arrested!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
"According to documents, Beard would call and tell the victims she found a buyer for their timeshare but needed money for closing costs. She would then promise to send the victims a check once the timeshare was sold."

Maybe this should be a sticky. This question is asked many time here on the BBS.

This should clear it up for those who don't already know.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
This makes it available long after the news link is broken

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/woman-arrested-accused-defrauding-timeshare-owners/nWFkP/ said:

Denise Beard

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

A woman who investigators said is the ringleader behind a national timeshare scheme is now in Orange County Jail.

Denise Beard was arrested after she was turned in by someone who reportedly helped her run the scheme, according to investigators.

Investigators said she took the money of 36 victims across the country. Some of them owned timeshares in Florida.

Court records show Beard, from New York, pocketed more than $60,000 in an elaborate telemarketing scheme.

The court documents obtained by WFTV on Monday said the victims lost anywhere from $400 to $3,000.

According to documents, Beard would call and tell the victims she found a buyer for their timeshare but needed money for closing costs. She would then promise to send the victims a check once the timeshare was sold.

Beard promised to sell 36 timeshares across the United States, including nine in Florida, six in Nevada and also in South Carolina, New Jersey and on the the West Coast, according to documents.

WFTV first learned of the timeshare story in December when Orange County investigators arrested Michelle Lee.

According to court documents, Lee told investigators about Beard and explained how the whole scam worked.

Investigators said Beard was operating the scheme without a telemarketer's license.

According to investigators she also faces charges of grand theft and multiple counts of scheme to defraud.

IMHO there should be a Sticky in the Buy/Sell Section with just quotes from External sources of arrests from the fraud to refer to when the daily question comes in. Moderator could highlight the key elements in the Quoted article

Make so only Mods can reply and be nothing but a list of the same crime being committed

Last edited:

SMRgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who thinks it's worth $60,000 in exchange for going to jail??? Something missing in this woman.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I wish they'd get the outfits that keep calling our house. I'll get off the list for a little while, then......they're back. Really gets annoying after a while.

I guess I'm going to have to remember to engage them in a converstation as to why we love timeshare again. I kept one on the phone for 10 or 15 minutes debating the great value of owning a timeshare and the wonderful vacations we've taken before he finally realized I was keeping him on the phone just to keep him on the phone. We didn't get another call for several weeks after that converstation. Now, they've started up again.

Maybe what I should do is look up all the cases of scammers going to jail. I could then begin by telling them...."Did you hear about this timeshare reseller who went to jail?" And just keep going listing jailbird after jailbird until they give up. ;)