• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airport to Bonnet Creek - best options?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In the spring, I will be at Bonnet Creek with my son w/Autism for about 10 days. I will not be renting a car (don't want to) so what is my best option for transportation from the airport to Bonnet Creek and back?

Best = dependable, efficient, and economical, not your favorite limo service. :p

BTW - I exchanged for 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek back to back, which allowed me to cherry-pick the cheapest airfare at each end and come up with a 10 days stay. Hopefully, I won't have trouble checking in a few days late - I will call them, FAX them, and email them in advance! ;)

Thanks! :hi:

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
How many are there of you? Easiest way is to just grab a cab, shuttle is not worth waiting for if there is more than 2 of you, IMO.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just my son and I - do you have any idea how much a cab is?

And how about the best option to order groceries?

No, I really don't want to drive - my son can't read maps, and at times he needs my undivided attention, so it's better not to drive. ;)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Jeanne! :hi:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. I have taken them before and all went well. They are at MCO and you can find them there. Make reservations and they will explain the process to you. Very easy.

They pick up several passengers and will announce the order of stops.

I think they might have a trip to the local Publix, but am not sure about this. Will check and report back.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow! - thanks again!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks again - I'm saving all of this in a file for our trip. :hi:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I find it all depends on where you travel from. If you have a long flight and it is late enough, that I personally just want to get where I am going.

If it earlier in the day than the transportation options are available. It is a cost vs time. Some time they don't work out for my tastes.

I have rented a car for the day, drive from the AP, get groceries and what ever errands I need then return the car 24 hours later. There are a couple of car rental office near downtown disney. So you can drop the car and pick up transportation back.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the spring, I will be at Bonnet Creek with my son w/Autism for about 10 days. I will not be renting a car (don't want to) so what is my best option for transportation from the airport to Bonnet Creek and back?

Best = dependable, efficient, and economical, not your favorite limo service. :p

BTW - I exchanged for 2 weeks at Bonnet Creek back to back, which allowed me to cherry-pick the cheapest airfare at each end and come up with a 10 days stay. Hopefully, I won't have trouble checking in a few days late - I will call them, FAX them, and email them in advance! ;)

Thanks! :hi:

Unless you have no license I couldn't imagine not renting a car, not just for convenience of getting back and forth to airport and shopping etc but it's even cheaper even if you just use it for that and let it sit there all week. we were at BC in January and paid $12/day for a car, less than $90 for the week and that was the mid size, economy as even cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working within Denise's specific needs here :

" I will not be renting a car (don't want to) so what is my best option for transportation from the airport to Bonnet Creek and back?"

and

"No, I really don't want to drive - my son can't read maps, and at times he needs my undivided attention, so it's better not to drive."

I had a similar experience once and although the convenience of a car would've been so much easier, it just would not work due to circumstances.
The shuttle and bus did just fine with some extra effort.

-

Last edited:

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working within Denise's specific needs here :

" I will not be renting a car (don't want to) so what is my best option for transportation from the airport to Bonnet Creek and back?"

and

"No, I really don't want to drive - my son can't read maps, and at times he needs my undivided attention, so it's better not to drive."

I had a similar experience once and although the convenience of a car would've been so much easier, it just would not work due to circumstances.
The shuttle and bus did just fine with some extra effort.

-

Sorry , missed that reply.

PlasWinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise,
This may/may not be helpful:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/local_transport.htm

You could take a Lynx bus and then pick up the Bonnet Creek Shuttle at Disney. This is very inexpensive.

I took a Lynx bus from the airport (returned my car) to the Orlando Amtrak station. It was fine.

http://www.golynx.com/

I would advise against this. Since Bonnet Creek is now going to be charging for use of the shuttles, it's unclear how they plan to implement it, (wristbands, tickets, etc)

I would be afraid that you might get stuck at Disney. (There are worse places to be stuck, for sure!) I also don't know how these shuttles would feel about luggage, especially if the bus is loaded with guests.

If it were me, I would go with the Mear's shuttle. I used to use them years ago, before Magical Express and they were very reliable and not all that expensive. Then if you need a grocery trip, just take the shorter cab ride to the grocer of your choice. There are many in that area!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, as I posted, Mears first, but always have a fall back plan. A few years ago there was a by strike Mears' drivers ( or similar work action), so good to have a Plan B.
There are cabs at Downtown Disney, too.

It couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

PlasWinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you on having a backup plan, but wrangling luggage and a special needs child at DTD or one of the parks, while trying to find a shuttle bus that probably won't let you on because you haven't checked in yet is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion.

In the off chance that Mear's is on strike again, I would opt for a cab, whatever the price. YMMV

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow--that Happy Limo with the Mousesavers discount code is a great deal. We spent *heaps* for the Mears shuttle to/from Disney's Swan a few years ago for three people. We were only there for three nights, and didn't want the hassle of renting a car (esp. since we were staying on Disney property.) I was really disappointed with the service and cost...just seemed really expensive for what you got. $125 rd/tp for a town car would be *so* much better; definitely going this route if we stay on-property or Bonnet Creek in the future.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
...but wrangling luggage and a special needs child at DTD or one of the parks, while trying to find a shuttle bus that probably won't let you on because you haven't checked in yet is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion...
I agree with this. If driving a car is a problem, taking mass transit will be worse.

I would spring for a town car. The driver will help you with luggage, freeing you to pay more attention to your son. I can't recommend one personally, but MouseSavers recommends Happy Limo

http://www.mousesavers.com/transpor...-limo-and-van-transfers-for-disney-vacations/
I was going to make exactly the same suggestion that Brian did. I used a town car service once -- whichever one Mousesavers was recommending at the time -- and was very happy with it.

Some of the town car services include a free 30-minute grocery stop. However, if shopping with your son will be a problem, then I recommend www.wegoshop.com I have used them multiple times and have been very pleased with them.