Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 23, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1
RickSpencer
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 19, 08

Resorts: Sheraton Vistanna Villages Wyndham Pagosa Springs Wyndham Patriot Place
New Wyndham Timeshare Resort in Chicago

Does anyone know anything about the new Chicago timeshare resort that Wynham is building in Chicago? I just heard this on the news.
RickSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
Yes, hotel 71, its on wacker on the river near michigan ave. There has already been a thread about it, use the search feature to pull it up to read the discussion.
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013, 09:15 PM   #3
lcml11

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 15, 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSpencer View Post
Does anyone know anything about the new Chicago timeshare resort that Wynham is building in Chicago? I just heard this on the news.
Clicked on your link, it just took me to a site selling me timeshare related materia with no apparent references to the topic.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/illino...hotel-overview

I googled the location and the above link pops up. This appears to be a affilate location with the Hotel group.

Last edited by lcml11; March 23, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
lcml11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 12:09 AM   #4
ronparise

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 11

Resorts: Wyndham, Worldmark, and weeks in New Orleans, San Antonio, New Mexico and Hawaii
Heres what Steve Holmes said about the New York and Chicago properties

This is from a transcript of a recent earnings call... In Steve's own words:

The latest example of that transformation is the recent acquisition of The Alex Hotel on 45th Street in New York City by Guggenheim Partners. We will manage the hotel while we prepare to convert it to timeshare. As we are ready for the inventory, it will be delivered to us, and we will pay for it at that time. We are looking to expand this relationship to possibly have a partner purchase some of the existing unfinished inventory, which is on our balance sheet, which will then be finished and returned to us as needed.

Another great example of a creative application of our WAAM model is our recent deal with HPT for Hotel 71 in Chicago. This 350-room hotel will undergo a renovation and will be converted into a Wyndham Grand. A portion of the hotel will be converted to timeshare and leased to WVO for timeshare use. Similar to the project in New York, this deal will give us an entrée into an urban market for tour generation and sales. As we have seen in San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and other cities, urban locations are highly desired by our timeshare customers.

my website

my other website
ronparise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 12:42 AM   #5
MULTIZ321
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: CELEBRITY RESORTS PALM COAST; CELEBRATION, ORLANDO; SEAWATCH AT ISLAND CLUB, HHI; RHC (POINTS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
... As we have seen in San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and other cities, urban locations are highly desired by our timeshare customers.[/I]
Ron,

What are their properties in San Francisco, Seattle and New Orleans?

Thanks

Richard
MULTIZ321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 12:45 AM   #6
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIZ321 View Post
Ron,

What are their properties in San Francisco, Seattle and New Orleans?

Thanks

Richard
san francisco - wyndham canterbury ; new orleans - wyndham la belle maison, and wyndham avenue plaza ; seattle - The camlin in Seattle (this is a worldmark resort)

If you go to the stickies, youll see the wyndham member directory, you can see photos, rooms descriptions, and point cost

Last edited by siesta; March 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM.
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 07:20 AM   #7
ronparise

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham, Worldmark, and weeks in New Orleans, San Antonio, New Mexico and Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by siesta View Post
san francisco - wyndham canterbury ; new orleans - wyndham la belle maison, and wyndham avenue plaza ; seattle - The camlin in Seattle (this is a worldmark resort)

If you go to the stickies, youll see the wyndham member directory, you can see photos, rooms descriptions, and point cost

Worldmark also has a properties in San Francisco and Vancouver

... Other urban resorts in the Wyndham systems are in SanDiego, San Antonio, and although not right in Washington DC, Id consider Old Town Alexandria and National Harbor urban

my website

my other website
Old March 24, 2013, 09:17 AM   #8
MFT

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 1, 08

Resorts: 210K Bi-annual Wyndham La Belle Maison, 77K Wyndham Smokey Mtn, 84K Wyndham Nashville
And I'd put Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the mix as urban TS resorts. TS rentals are pretty much tourist based destinations, as most business travel is for fewer days, and a business usually won't rent a TS unit for those traveling (though sometimes the TS units are less costly than a hotel unit).
MFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 09:39 AM   #9
ronparise

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFT View Post
And I'd put Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the mix as urban TS resorts. TS rentals are pretty much tourist based destinations, as most business travel is for fewer days, and a business usually won't rent a TS unit for those traveling (though sometimes the TS units are less costly than a hotel unit).
Wyndhan considers Atlantic City and Waikiki to be part of their "Avenue Collection" of urban resorts too.. because of the limited kitchens and smaller suites and lack of ammenities on site...I make a somewhat fuzzy distinction based on the Vacation Experience. ....The typical resort is a self contained place with entertainment and dining on site and/or near a unique activity like the beach or skiing, or gambling or an attraction/entertainment venue(s).. For the urban resorts the "attraction" is the city where its located..and those cities can be business or tourist destinations

I rent my New Orleans stuff to tourists. (Im busy now renting for the Jazz Fest and Essence Fest), but recently I rented 5 studio units to a business . They had 10 people attending a convention in New Orleans. I was able to make a profit, and they were able to get rooms with kitchens within walking distance to the Convention Center for the same price as hotel rooms near the airport, a long cab ride away..Everybody's happy...especially me

my website

my other website

Last edited by ronparise; March 24, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old March 24, 2013, 12:47 PM   #10
bnoble
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 14, 06
I put my wife up at La Belle for a NOLA convention. She said the location was fantastic for that.
bnoble is offline   Reply With Quote