Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 7, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1
jumpercat

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 4, 12

Resorts: Wyndham Points, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, RiverPointe, Hyatt, Las Brias, Atlantis Harborside, Village Green
[ 2013 ] Beware of Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash!

I originally said PJ and Carl were great to work with back in November. I take it back.
It will be 7 months in 3 days since the purchase of my Hyatt timeshare from Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash. No one should have to go thru what I have been going thru with this company. I have been lied to numerous times. Calls are not returned when promised. And, this property is still not closed. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this team.
jumpercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 06:08 PM   #2
LGICustomerCare

BBS Reg. Date: May 23, 13
We are truly sorry that you are not completely satisfied in your dealings with our company. We do care, and we are going to do what we can to make this right. We help thousands of owners with their vacation ownership needs every year, ensuring we have handled things to the best of our capabilities each and every time is of utmost importance. Don't hesitate to contact us at [deleted], we would love the opportunity to find a mutual and agreeable solution.

Best Regards,
LGI Customer Care

Last edited by DeniseM; April 25, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
LGICustomerCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3
TheTimeTraveler
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 23, 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpercat View Post
I originally said PJ and Carl were great to work with back in November. I take it back.
It will be 7 months in 3 days since the purchase of my Hyatt timeshare from Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash. No one should have to go thru what I have been going thru with this company. I have been lied to numerous times. Calls are not returned when promised. And, this property is still not closed. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this team.

It appears that they want to work something out for you. Have you asked them for a full refund (and cancel the purchase) ?

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2013, 07:04 PM   #4
hrmoreau

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 08
Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash

I am having the same problems with Carl Rash and Leisure Getaways.

I purchased and paid in full for a Worldmark timeshare over 3 months ago and they have still not ordered the Worldmark transfer documents. It's been very frustrating. Carl's boss told me they would refund my money if the membership wasn't closed in 90 days and they never returned my funds.

Avoid this company!
hrmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2013, 09:32 AM   #5
kwindham

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 15, 11

Resorts: Wyndham Flagstaff, Royal Sea Cliff,Smoky Mountains, Great Smokies Lodge VV@ the Parkway Sheraton Desert Oasis
Oh gosh, I recently purchased from them. I hope I don't have the same problems as stated above. Thanks for the heads up, now I know to keep on top of the transfer as much as I can.
kwindham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2013, 08:36 AM   #6
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 14, 08
I am having the same problems with Carl Rash. He keeps your $ and keeps promising that he will continue the Timeshare closing process but months later no timeshare closing has occured.
1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2013, 06:41 PM   #7
frank808
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 10

Resorts: CMV UDI,DVC,GPR HGVC,MarriottGrandResidence MVC,Grandview(RCI pts)
I have been waiting 7+ months on a transfer of a unit from carl and leisuretime. They were sure fast to make sure I paid them. Then I got the stonewall and have been waiting ever since for the deed to be transferred. The first excuse was the guy working on my transfer no longer works there. That was the truth as he is no longer there. The problem is no one cares if it gets done. They only care until they are paid then it's whatever. Anyone else waiting for these guys?
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2013, 04:54 PM   #8
LGICustomerCare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965 View Post
I am having the same problems with Carl Rash. He keeps your $ and keeps promising that he will continue the Timeshare closing process but months later no timeshare closing has occured.
We are truly sorry that you are not completely satisfied in your dealings with our company. We do care, and we are going to do what we can to make this right. We help thousands of owners with their vacation ownership needs every year, ensuring we have handled things to the best of our capabilities each and every time is of utmost importance. Don't hesitate to contact us at [deleted], we would love the opportunity to find a mutual and agreeable solution.

Best Regards,
LGI Customer Care

Last edited by DeniseM; April 25, 2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old August 7, 2013, 04:55 PM   #9
LGICustomerCare

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
I have been waiting 7+ months on a transfer of a unit from carl and leisuretime. They were sure fast to make sure I paid them. Then I got the stonewall and have been waiting ever since for the deed to be transferred. The first excuse was the guy working on my transfer no longer works there. That was the truth as he is no longer there. The problem is no one cares if it gets done. They only care until they are paid then it's whatever. Anyone else waiting for these guys?

Best Regards,
LGI Customer Care

Last edited by DeniseM; April 25, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old August 7, 2013, 05:00 PM   #10
presley

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 20, 11

Resorts: HGVC, Shell, WM
Copy and paste?
presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2013, 11:49 PM   #11
cyseitz

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 26, 13

Resorts: Wynhdam Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Kingsgate, Club Wyndham Access
Quote:
Originally Posted by presley View Post
Copy and paste?
Seems insincere
cyseitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2013, 12:03 AM   #12
RX8

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 5, 11

Resorts: HGVC (Grand Pacific Palisades)
The "responses" from this company have done them more harm then good, IMHO. The same canned replies only verifies the frustrations each of the posters have wrote about.

Edited to add: six of the seven posts by LGI are the same canned "sorry" responses. There must be a real person behind there somewhere based on the one unique post.

Last edited by RX8; August 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
RX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2013, 03:39 AM   #13
dannybaker

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 17, 08

Resorts: 2 weeks MArriott Grande Vista Platinum 2 bdrm lock-off Lawrence Welk 2 Bedroom original Resort Villas on the Green 2 bd
I think the changed their name.

I had a issue with them when attempting to purchase a Welk week. They did not have a copy of the estoppel. Welk is a really strange resort to buy and you need to be careful of which unit you buy. Long story short the unit advertised was not the one they were selling. I really don't fault them as much as Welks crazy system. They made the correct changes on ebay on the unit, no money was sent so the transaction was canceled. They have closed lots of deals however as we all know here on tug each timeshare developer goes by a separate set of rules. No excuse for seven months, however I have seen longer in Hawaii.
dannybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2013, 08:43 AM   #14
kwindham

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 15, 11

Resorts: Wyndham Flagstaff, Royal Sea Cliff,Smoky Mountains, Great Smokies Lodge VV@ the Parkway Sheraton Desert Oasis
Im still waiting on mine to transfer. I have bought 4 others after this one and all are already in my account. This is crazy.
Old August 23, 2013, 02:04 PM   #15
nazclk
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: So Cal, Hawaii, Mexico
Waiting

I too am still waiting on a Mexican unit, since April. Don't know how much longer I will wait before turning it over to my lawyer.
nazclk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2013, 02:30 PM   #16
uscav8r

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 1, 13

Resorts: Wyndham VIP (Bonnet Creek, National Harbor); Worldmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazclk View Post
I too am still waiting on a Mexican unit, since April. Don't know how much longer I will wait before turning it over to my lawyer.
Since which April? 2012 or 2013? If 2013, it might be a bit early to go "commando." I'd try to find out what transfer agent is handling the transaction. Between the two entities, you can put some subtle (and not so subtle) pressure on them short of engaging a lawyer (Better Business Bureau, review here on TUG, etc.). If that doesn't get any traction, then by all means go the legal route.

I have been waiting on a transfer since March. It seems the transfer agent used by LGI will just sit on paperwork for WEEKS instead of sending things on within a couple days of receiving them.

There should be no excuse for continued delays. LGI blames the transfer agent... then DON'T USE THAT TRANSFER AGENT AGAIN!

What is the saying? You can judge a person (or entity in this case) by the company they keep? hmmmm....
uscav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2013, 05:53 PM   #17
hrmoreau

I was told by Carl Rash that on their listings they say it will take 90-120 + days. So even it the transfer takes 10 years they disclosed the "+" in their listing which in their minds makes the time table not relevant.
Old August 23, 2013, 09:06 PM   #18
benyu2010

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 4, 12

Resorts: WM,MAR,HLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazclk View Post
is your mexican unit worth the consultation fee? Just tell them get the job done...
benyu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2013, 05:19 PM   #19
frank808
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 6, 10

Resorts: CMV UDI,DVC,GPR HGVC,MarriottGrandResidence MVC,Grandview(RCI pts)
[Duplicate post deleted - please keep all info. in your other thread for continuity. - Thanks, DeniseM]

Last edited by DeniseM; December 12, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 02:30 PM   #20
tsanny

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 25, 14
Never had a problem with Leisure Getaways

Personally, I have never had a problem with Leisure Getaways. They have been helpful to me since day one, I had extremely high maintenance fees with Wydham and it was beginning to get overwhelming financially. Leisure Getaways helped me find a program that allowed me to travel for less money and plus they transferred my Wyndham property out of my name! I guess some people have had bad experiences with them but I am not one of them. Their service is always good and I have referred others to them and all have had similar feelings. I don't know where all of these posts are stemming from.

[SHILL]

Last edited by DeniseM; April 25, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
tsanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 02:39 PM   #21
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
tsanny - Since you are responding to a thread that is a full YEAR OLD, and you are posting from the same location where this company is located, common sense tells me that you are AFFILIATED with them, and you are just here to promote your own product.... Good luck with that!

my webpage
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 02:40 PM   #22
thheath

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 12, 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanny View Post
Personally, I have never had a problem with Leisure Getaways. They have been helpful to me since day one, I had extremely high maintenance fees with Wydham and it was beginning to get overwhelming financially. Leisure Getaways helped me find a program that allowed me to travel for less money and plus they transferred my Wyndham property out of my name! I guess some people have had bad experiences with them but I am not one of them. Their service is always good and I have referred others to them and all have had similar feelings. I don't know where all of these posts are stemming from.

Your first post, what a surprise, LOL.
thheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 02:44 PM   #23
hrmoreau

This is what the BBB says..

About Leisure Getaways:

40 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 20 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising/Sales Issues 13
Billing/Collection Issues 2
Delivery Issues 4
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 1
Problems with Product/Service 20
Total Closed Complaints 40

Additional Complaint Information

Since January 2013, the BBB Houston has received several complaints that exhibit the following pattern.

Consumer complaints, have alleged Leisure Getaways & Travel is auctioning timeshares through an online site. Once the consumer wins the bid, they pay for the timeshare online with their credit card; however there can be up to a seven month delay in getting the timeshare transferred to their name. When consumers try to request a refund, the company is not returning phone messages or replying to emails.

Additionally, consumers have also stated that Leisure Gateways & Leisure practices high pressured selling techniques additionally after purchasing the timeshare; the consumer is rushed through the contract process without being allowed to review it first.

Please understand that this company is not an accredited member or registered with the BBB. However, the BBB processes complaints for both credited and non accredited businesses. Complaints are reported once they have closed and will remain on the company’s report for 36 months.
Old April 25, 2014, 02:50 PM   #24
rickandcindy23

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham,RCI,Shell, WorldMark,OKW, SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Custom House;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP (lots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanny View Post

Lies, lies, lies. This company is really awful. They took money from a friend of mine to get rid of his timeshares. He still has the timeshares and is out $20K.

Don't lie to those of us who know better. You are targeting older folks. My friend turned you into the Attorney General in Florida.

October: DisWld with grandkids
November:DisWld again
Late November: Disneyland
January: DisWld again
March: Maui
April: Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach
rickandcindy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 03:11 PM   #25
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
So long, adios, farewell, adieu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseM View Post
tsanny - Since you are responding to a thread that is a full YEAR OLD, and you are posting from the same location where this company is located, common sense tells me that you are AFFILIATED with them, and you are just here to promote your own product.... Good luck with that!
Ouch! Methinks you've just been "outed" there, "tsanny". Leisure Getaways indeed (company name has been deliberately added to this post just so that the "outing" of this shill will pop up in any searches by the innocent or unwary).

If it's any consolation to you, you are neither the first nor the last brave and intrepid shill to be promptly discovered by Denise's computer sleuthing skills to actually be posting from within the walls of the very same business whose praises you are (...not very convincingly) singing. Nice try, but no cigar. See you later (...but likely not, actually).

Frankly, this is probably the wrong crowd for your lame song and dance routine anyhow. You might want to instead try performing it before a less informed and / or more naive audience.

Last edited by theo; April 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
theo is online now   Reply With Quote