Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 14, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1
LynnZ

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 13, 13
[ 2013 ] Stay Away Timshare Liquidators, LLC "TLC" in Las Vegas

Stay Away Timeshare Liquidators, LLC located 1050 E. Flamingo Rd, Suite N337, Las Vegas. This company takes advantage of buyers and tells lies and half truths and then has the buyers sign that the sale is final and that only what is written in the contract and not any verbal promises are the full extent of what you are agreeing to. Any victim of this timeshare resale company can join with us, we want to take a legal action against Timeshare Liquidators, LLC.

Thanks!

Last edited by LynnZ; April 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
LynnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2
iamunique42

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 16, 13
TLC Victim

My husband and I have also been a victim of Timeshare Liquidators, LLC, purchasing in January 2013. We've filed complaints with the BBB of Las Vegas and the State of Nevada Real Estate Division, and would be interested in being involved with a class action lawsuit.
iamunique42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 12:24 PM   #3
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 24, 06
bbb wont do much for you...

make sure you file complaints with the atty general in both your state, and nevada.
TUGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 12:30 PM   #4
pacodemountainside

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 11, 08

Resorts: Wyndham VIP 315K, AVP Floating Week
Keep in mind these resale scammers are here today and gone to tomorrow.

Since class action attorneys typically get paid a percentage out of proceeds, they only take on cases where there are deep pockets.

I would doubt they have any insurance and the loot for the day gets moved out of LLC muy pronto.
Old April 16, 2013, 12:43 PM   #5
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
Not only "not much", but actually "nothing at all"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUGBrian View Post
bbb wont do much for you... <snip>
Certainly true. For whatever reasons, some people apparently believe that the Better Business Bureau is a quasi-governmental entity and / or actually has some sort of authority or power. That is simply not the case. The BBB has absolutely no power or legal authority of any kind; BBB is just an organization / club for any and all commercial entities willing to pay a membership fee...
theo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Saintsfanfl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 7, 12

Resorts: Rio Rancho (Mountain View), Glengarry Highlands, Glen Ross Farms
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodemountainside View Post
Keep in mind these resale scammers are here today and gone to tomorrow.

Since class action attorneys typically get paid a percentage out of proceeds, they only take on cases where there are deep pockets.

I would doubt they have any insurance and the loot for the day gets moved out of LLC muy pronto.
Exactly. Beyond there being criminal charges it is a complete waste of time. If you file a suit they can just start up another company.

This is more of a lesson of reading your agreement and understanding what you are signing. NV has tough rules for timeshare resale buyers and it is unfortunate but this lesson goes far beyond timeshares.

Last edited by Saintsfanfl; April 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Saintsfanfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Centurion

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 30, 11

Resorts: Just one or two too many. :)
Timeshare Liquidators used to be a PCC right? I wasn't aware they were getting into the listing biz.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Rent_Share

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
They are selling "used" inventory in a developer style presentation, Nevada rescission law doesn't apply to resale's

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
Rent_Share is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2013, 06:01 AM   #9
John Hanley

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 9, 13
One should surely be aware of such companies who try to lure you with false promises and should file a legal action against it with an experienced attorney.

catalog returns

Last edited by Makai Guy; July 9, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spam link deactivated
John Hanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2013, 07:41 AM   #10
Saintsfanfl
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
One should surely be aware of such companies who try to lure you with false promises and should file a legal action against it with an experienced attorney.[/URL]
This is bad advice that will only multiply the losses. File complaints with the attorney general and learn to read every word you sign and ignore verbal promises.
Old July 9, 2013, 08:29 AM   #11
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
An observation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsfanfl View Post
This is bad advice that will only multiply the losses. File complaints with the attorney general and learn to read every word you sign and ignore verbal promises.
I agree wholeheartedly, but am not sure the "advice" post cited ("first post" on "first day" of TUG registration) was actually serious in the first place. If intended to be legitimate and / or substantive input, why include the odd accompanying "catalog returns" link in a very first post? Maybe a spammer "test run"?

Last edited by theo; July 9, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
theo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Saintsfanfl
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, but am not sure the "advice" post cited ("first post" on "first day" of TUG registration) was actually serious in the first place. If intended to be legitimate and / or substantive input, why include the odd accompanying "catalog returns" link in a very first post? Maybe a spammer "test run"?
Good point!
Old July 11, 2013, 06:10 PM   #13
newbie88jo

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 6, 13
web address to NV senators and 800-992-0900 for help.

Here are some contact information that might be helpful:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Legislator/A/Senate/
Elected representatives do not like the public be taken advantage of.
They will not know unless people tell them what happened to them.
It may not change your outcome, but will help in preventing others from falling victim.

Bad press and exposure from elected representative will have far greater and lasting effects than a bbs post. The bbs posts can be a call to action.

http://red.state.nv.us/forms/514.pdf
a statement of fact for a complaint to the RE board.
newbie88jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2013, 01:04 PM   #14
LynnP

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 8, 13
Thumbs up Timeshare Liquidatror, LLC 1050 Flamingo Rd Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZ View Post
Stay Away Timeshare Liquidators, LLC located 1050 E. Flamingo Rd, Suite N337, Las Vegas. This company takes advantage of buyers and tells lies and half truths and then has the buyers sign that the sale is final and that only what is written in the contract and not any verbal promises are the full extent of what you are agreeing to. Any victim of this timeshare resale company can join with us, we want to take a legal action against Timeshare Liquidators, LLC.

Thanks!
We have also been taken by this company!. The sales pitch was that they were to release us of the ownership of our current timeshare, IF we purchased, a new timeshare through Timeshare liquidator. this commitment was in April 2012, as as of today we still own TWO timeshares, as they never did release us from the ownership of the current timeshare we have in Ontario. I want to participate in a class action suit against Timeshare liquidator, just not sure how to get this started.
Feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to work together to help the many victims of this croocked company.
LynnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2013, 01:36 PM   #15
Passepartout

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnP View Post
We have also been taken by this company!. The sales pitch was that they were to release us of the ownership of our current timeshare, IF we purchased, a new timeshare through Timeshare liquidator. this commitment was in April 2012, as as of today we still own TWO timeshares, as they never did release us from the ownership of the current timeshare we have in Ontario. I want to participate in a class action suit against Timeshare liquidator, just not sure how to get this started.
Feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to work together to help the many victims of this croocked company.
Sorry you were taken advantage of. The truth is that there will be no 'class action'. No law firm will undertake a lawsuit if there is no money to retreive either for the losers or themselves.

Furthermore, Nevada law protects timeshare resellers by disallowing rescission, or a cooling off period before the sale is final.

At this stage, to avoid spending even more money uselessly, consider listing you unwanted TSs on TUG or Redweek, and getting shed of the obligation yourself. DO NOT spend more money upfront to any reseller. They are all a scam. Legit brokers take their commission at closing.

Best wishes.

Jim
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2013, 01:37 PM   #16
channimal
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 22, 12

Resorts: Hilton Club NY, Marriott Harbour Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
Certainly true. For whatever reasons, some people apparently believe that the Better Business Bureau is a quasi-governmental entity and / or actually has some sort of authority or power. That is simply not the case. The BBB has absolutely no power or legal authority of any kind; BBB is just an organization / club for any and all commercial entities willing to pay a membership fee...
this +1 ... I look at BBB.org as being a gimped Angie's list where you only get to see negative information IF someone has actually taken the time to file a complaint. Otherwise, any company listing on BBB.org is a crap-shoot like the yellow pages
channimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2013, 09:17 PM   #17
Williejs

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 16, 13
I just got taken by them. Not too bad (everything being relative) - just did the $895 "special" to try it out and get locked in. Well, as predicted you can't book anything. Would like to get my money back. They are crooks.
Williejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2013, 10:59 PM   #18
LynnP

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 8, 13
Ripped off by Timeshare liquidators, 1050 Flamingo rd, suite N337, las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZ View Post

Thanks!
I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit with this company. They conned us into purchasing a new property, and would take our old timeshare as trade in. they never did release us of the current timeshare and we now own 2 timeshares. this is breach of contract and misrepresentation by them. I have contact the BBB and they were not able to help us.
I would be happy to give my email address, out side of this forum, just not sure how to do this.
Lynn P
LynnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2013, 11:17 PM   #19
TheTimeTraveler
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 23, 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnP View Post
I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit with this company. They conned us into purchasing a new property, and would take our old timeshare as trade in. they never did release us of the current timeshare and we now own 2 timeshares. this is breach of contract and misrepresentation by them. I have contact the BBB and they were not able to help us.
I would be happy to give my email address, out side of this forum, just not sure how to do this.
Lynn P

Well, if they put that in writing then that would be considered a breach of contract. If it's not in writing then you're plum out of luck.

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2013, 03:53 PM   #20
TUGBrian
Administrator

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 24, 06
this might give you some ideas

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/tim...taliation.html
TUGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2014, 08:38 PM   #21
gypsykate
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 8, 14
Timeshare liquidators

Just a head's up -- there is another business under the name of Timeshare Liquidators, with Caron Cook and is based out of California. It is not the same business as the one with that name in Las Vegas.

Caron has a different business model and has been in business 17 years, reselling timeshares. She does not charge an upfront fee and I just had a good conversation with her about selling a timeshare. She has had a AAA rating with the Southern CA BBB in the past, but they no longer operate out of So.CA. She really seems on the up and up and is distressed about the bad press she gets from all the complaints regarding the Nevada business.
gypsykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2014, 04:32 PM   #22
concernedconsumer

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 17, 14
Approached and considering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsykate View Post
Just a head's up -- there is another business under the name of Timeshare Liquidators, with Caron Cook and is based out of California. It is not the same business as the one with that name in Las Vegas.

Caron has a different business model and has been in business 17 years, reselling timeshares. She does not charge an upfront fee and I just had a good conversation with her about selling a timeshare. She has had a AAA rating with the Southern CA BBB in the past, but they no longer operate out of So.CA. She really seems on the up and up and is distressed about the bad press she gets from all the complaints regarding the Nevada business.
What is the information for Caron? Where can we look up her business?
concernedconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2014, 01:52 AM   #23
mysti9uemirage

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 28, 14
How to cancel

If you bought from them, then went home and researched them and saw this thread, and want to cancel, they will lie to you and tell you that you didn't buy a timeshare, but a vacation club membership, so the rescission period doesn't apply to you, and that you've signed a no refund/cancellation contract. Well, if you did buy a timeshare, by Nevada laws, you have 5 business days to cancel. If you join a vacation club, you have 3. Either way, you can cancel, just do so quickly. Hope it helped someone. My husband found this, which I'm sharing to help others: http://www.justanswer.com/real-estat...yesterday.html. I also sent emails to CA, NV attorney generals and NV legislatures, so that these liars can be shut down.
mysti9uemirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 10:01 AM   #24
drake123

BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 14
Thanks mystiquemirage for the info. I just sent my request to cancel along with the nv statues in referenced within the time period. Pending to contact the nv state attny and mn state attny. Just wondering what was the outcome of your results?
drake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 02:21 PM   #25
MOXJO7282
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedconsumer View Post
What is the information for Caron? Where can we look up her business?
This is the info for Caryn. She is totally legit as I've purchased from her in the past. Very professional.

Caryn Cook

Timeshare Liquidators
9385 Navajo Trail,
Morongo Valley, CA, 92256

A + Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau
California Real Estate License #01099674
Charter Member of the LTRBA
800-320-2345
760-864-7207
Fax: 760-406 9853
www.timeshare-resales.net
MOXJO7282 is offline   Reply With Quote