• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not a timeshare (Luxxury Leisure collection ? Scam?)

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to actually start or what to ask.

Yesterday we went to what we thought was a timeshare presentation.
And no I was not going to buy. They offered us $250 to attend.
And it was not a hard sell.

The name on the paperwork was Luxxury Leisure collection.
And Private residence club.

They offered something being built in Cabo and be ready in say 12 months.

The did have signs in the sales room re:Vallarta Gardens in Puerta Vallarta.
I think that is sold out already.

And said its not a timeshare use this property for xxx per week.. and no fees to pay ever.

And they want $14000... and also they would buy back your time share.. In my case a Hawaii studio.. they would give me $11000.

And to top it off I would get access to any hotels and airfares and crusies, cheaper than I could find online.. right from the origional wholesale place. He did mention Sabre.. whcih seems to control everything.

Told him I wasnt interested in the property.. and he said I could have the other side of it.. the cheap hotels and airfares.... for only $4000 and and htey would still buy my timeshare for $11000.

But to show my good faith I would have to put up $2000 until the company approves my deal.

Just back track a bit... he did show me and it was live.... the reservation site showing all the hotels and flights.. he did punch in flights from Cabo to Edmonton return... at any time for $250.. which is 1/2 of the best rate I have found in years.
And hotels and resorts, at about $25 a night.. I saw it all... all over Cabo as thats what I was interested in. He was staying at the Montecristo OIn caco.. about 3000 sq feet for about $150 a week... showed me his receipt and pulled it up online as well.

It was veryvery promising.... so I do believe it exists to get these fantastic prices.

Even being out $2000 for the access to this club is worth it.
And my timeshare I got for $0 dollars anyway.

I just want to know if anyone has heard of a thing like this before?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If it sounds too good o be true...

They want to pay YOU $7000 to get involved with them (their $4000 fee minus $11,000 they will give you for the timeshare that you bought for $0). But, and it is a big but, they want an upfront fee of $2,000 before they will pay you your $7,000.

Sounds like you should run away as fast as you can.

A quick Google search of Luxxury Leisure Collection reveals NOTHING but the new website below (and that site looks like the start of a complaint/scam website).

http://luxxuryleisurecollection.org/

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a "travel club." My in-laws "sold" their TS to a club and joined for additional cash. They took one trip through the club and then the club went belly-up.

Not a good idea. Run away as fast as you can.

Sue

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Sounds like it may be a "travel club." My in-laws "sold" their TS to a club and joined for additional cash. They took one trip through the club and then the club went belly-up.

Not a good idea. Run away as fast as you can.

Sue

Form a company, charge money up front, pay yourself an generous salary, declare bankruptcy. Unfortunately, it sounds perfectly legal.

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes .. I know it sounds bad.. and will not go for it.

But what amazes me and trying to find out more info online... is the site.. which was live offering super discounted airfares and resorts at much cheaper than I could find anywher elsewhere online... so must nbe some kind of travel club...

Any one have infor mation on that?

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link... I never could find anything on the internet about them.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It has all the classic earmarks of a vacation club type scam. I would avoid it and certainly never pay for it!

Don't get sucked in.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

But what amazes me and trying to find out more info online... is the site.. which was live offering super discounted airfares and resorts at much cheaper than I could find anywher elsewhere online... so must nbe some kind of travel club...

I don't know anything about that company. But I wonder if the prices you saw were base-rate pricing, and some hidden "administrative charges" would come later in the process?

Sort of like the taxes and extra fees charged by car rental agencies -- where the quoted low daily rate doubles or triples by the time those fees are added in. What starts as $100 for a week turns into $250 by the time the add-ons get tallied up. Or even worse, are the things like "hospitality fees" charged by RCI and whoever else when you exchange into a resort for a week. They tack on a couple hundred dollars just because they can, so the cost of the stay is much higher than initially quoted.

So it could be the low rate you see initially is nowhere near what you'd pay at the end. :shrug:

Dave

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Offering and actually providing are two different things. They can show all the super discounted fares they want. The proof is when you actually attempt to book one of those super low airfares. You're almost certain to find they don't really exist.

Of course, by the time anyone learns the cold hard truth of the matter it's to late. Years ago I took a chance and dropped a little under $2K on such a program. NONE of the super discounts they showed us in the presentation ever materialized. I could always book for the same $$ almost anywhere else.

IMHO, I.C.E, which was "given" to us through our DRI timeshare at one point in time, was suppose to offer great discounts on cruises and cruise exchanges. Their calling card was cruise/timeshare exchanges without the exchange fee. The problem was I could always, at the very least, match whatever price they were offering somewhere else. The "discounts" promised never materialized no matter what cruise we shopped. Exchanging a week through I.C.E. was just as poor of an option as any other cruise exchange option and worse in some cases like HGVC's internal cruise exchange program. Owners at Polo Towers eventually figurered out that there WAS a charge for I.C.E. paid through our yearly MF's. When the board was challanged as to the value and owners using it, they looked into it and found very few owners actually used the service. The BOD/HOA was finally convinced to drop the "free" lifetime memebership, which was costing the HOA several thousand dollars per year.

It's like the scene from the Wizard of Oz. They don't want you to pay any attention to the man behind the curtain once the curtain has been pulled back.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We "toured" today. It was just an office-breakfast outside. $250.00.

They wanted $90k for eight weeks/year. For the first 5 years, they would buy back up to 4 weeks/year for $1k each.

They offered to buy market value of our Phuket week: $31000 and Aruba Surf Club Gold 2BR $43000 to offset the cost. Then we have access to 300000 yes 300k properties worldwide. No maint fees. Pay per use from $199-$699 for the week.

I said we might be interested in parting with Phuket. Final offer was: $11500 for one of their weeks. They buy Phuket for $31000--we pocket $19k! WOW....how can I refuse??? Somehow we did. We are coming back in December. I said we would research and think about it. I think not.....

toxicesq

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can see the details of my experience with the fine folks at Luxxury Leisure on the Mexico board.

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least in my case a lot less money was supposedly involved.
I really do not think that they have anything to sell and just want
the deposit money.. with a hope they can pick up your timeshare for free.

But there are people that buy in... do a search on tripladvisor.. someone got sucked in.