• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Waikoloa--timeshare conversion at Hilton hotel (HWV)

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!! Everyone likes having an ocean view in Hawaii! With the higher point structure at Kingsland, I wonder what the points will be for the ocean tower? I'll have to check it out when we're there this fall. I'd love to see how they plan on converting the rooms. The hotel was one of our kids' favorite vacations when they were young.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Interesting....

Hilton Waikoloa Village Aerial View.

For those who are not familiar with this resort, is spread across 62 acres.
There are 3 separate hotel towers joined by a tram and boat network. The one thing this resort doesn’t have is a beach. They have a manmade inland lagoon beach instead.
Resort Map - http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/pdf/resortmap.pdf

br-hiltonwaikoloa.jpg

Here's the pic posted on flyertalk.
2uokjth.jpg

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to that. I could see us using all our points there every couple years.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed in all 3 towers at one time or another, and I do like Ocean tower best. My first stay at that property was way back when it was a Hyatt.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This would be fantastic -- I'd love to see this become part of the HGVC system. I hope that this becomes a reality!

Best,

Greg

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yeah that would be a pretty awesome addition!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
For those who are not familiar with this resort, is spread across 62 acres.
There are 3 separate hotel towers joined by a tram and boat network. The one thing this resort doesn’t have is a beach. They have a manmade inland lagoon beach instead.

I don't think there are any timeshares on the Big Island that have a beach.

Gorgeous property though.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It will be interesting to ask the sales rep if they intend to use the standard or the KL / GW point structure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm at HGVC Waikoloa now and have an update at Kings Land tomorrow. I'll get some details.

Andy,

Have fun out there! That place is fantastic -- please also ask if there are plans to build out any more buildings at Kings Land?

Best,

Greg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Last month's Ocean Tower photos

I went through our June photos and pulled out the ones around the Ocean Tower at the Hilton Waikoloa Village.
You can see the full slideshow here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157634832722932/show/

Resort Map of the Ocean Tower

9383478579_1f3f96c7a3.jpg

Boat Landing Cantina Restaurant (Map: O2) is right in front of the tram stop.
There's a pickup area for the boats at the other end of the restaurant.

9386241038_bc1e149848_z.jpg

Palm Terrace (Map: O11) is directly across from the tram stop.
It was an open air restaurant at one time - http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/dining/palm_terrace.cfm

This is a photo from inside of the Palm Terrace looking out.
9386237770_f27bdbe15d_z.jpg

Adult Pool (Map: O7) inside the Ocean Tower area

9383462473_90ac73ae6d_z.jpg

Kohala Pool & Slide (Map: O5 & O6) outside of the Ocean Tower area

9386239638_cbc4ae852e_z.jpg

9386239436_d8a5e34e1c_z.jpg

Ocean View Terrace area (Map: O10) looking from Buddha Point

9386238836_47fd86c897_z.jpg

Seaside Putting Courses (Map: O4) looking from Buddha Point

9386238368_db5528439c_z.jpg

NOTE: This year was our first time at Waikoloa.
We actually spent most of our time in the Waikoloa Resort area. (NOTE: We've been to the Big Island before).
2013 HGVC Kings'Land photos - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194310
2013 Hilton Waikoloa Village Pools & Lagoon photos - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194066
2013 Hilton Waikoloa Village one bedroom hotel suite photos - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194376
2013 Big Island Restaurant Reviews - http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Alwysonvac_NJ

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think there are any timeshares on the Big Island that have a beach.

Gorgeous property though.

Yeah, there aren't any beaches on the big island, nothing to see here move along :)

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've been upgraded to ocean view rooms in this tower, and it's a great location. The only downside of this conversion I can see is the mandatory parking fee, which is currently $17/day.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yeah, there aren't any beaches on the big island, nothing to see here move along :)

That's not what I said, if you'd bothered to really read my message. :D We love the Big Island and will be spending a week there, at the end of two weeks on Maui, this summer.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's not what I said, if you'd bothered to really read my message. :D We love the Big Island and will be spending a week there, at the end of two weeks on Maui, this summer.

I know what you meant, that's why I put the smilie, I want to keep my favorite beaches a secret!

f203b2e8a281b187729e1aa0c0eba933_zps4c15402c.jpg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a very interesting concept -- as Phyllis' 2009 thread pointed out, if they are having a hard time keeping the hotel property full, it makes sense to convert some to timeshares and sell them to people who will help pay for the maintenance. When we were visiting in June 2012 at Kings Land, they were renovating the Lagoon building and I recall it was something like a $100M renovation?

I do love this property (and great pics Phyllis btw). We stayed on property in November 2009 and loved it -- we started in the Ocean Tower, but the birds were loud (shrieking) at sunrise so we moved to the Palace Tower.

I told my wife about the possibility of the timeshare conversion and she brought up the birds :doh: but I would definitely stay there again.

Best,

Greg

Andythefox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting update to say the least. Once we made it clear there would be no upgrade the update was over. However, I did find out that they are building a new development across the road from Kingsland (next to the golf clubhouse) but they (salespeople) are not sure if it is a Kingsland extension or a brand new club development. He would not elaborate on the Ocean Tower, but did seem surprised when I asked. I'll check Ocean Tower tomorrow.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting update to say the least. Once we made it clear there would be no upgrade the update was over. However, I did find out that they are building a new development across the road from Kingsland (next to the golf clubhouse) but they (salespeople) are not sure if it is a Kingsland extension or a brand new club development. He would not elaborate on the Ocean Tower, but did seem surprised when I asked. I'll check Ocean Tower tomorrow.

Interesting, thank you for the update -- I suspect that is the new Kingsland Phase and will hope for confirmation one day.

Best,

Greg

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score

Please see http://www.letsgo-hawaii.com/big-island-beach-guide/

When we were there, we visited a few beautiful beaches. They were north of HWV. We have friends who retired from NY and bought a winter home in big island. They love snorkeling and diving. They took us to some beaches that few people knew and it was beatiful. Kupuna state park beach is not too far with easy access.

Last edited: