• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN MF Historical Database is now LIVE!

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have finished building the site and database (well at least I think I have :p) so that we can easily track and find historical data about SVN MF's, SA's, and Property taxes!

Here is your starting point:

Notes
  • Entering new data:
    • Unit sizes will show up once you select a property/phase
    • Only unit sizes valid for a particular property/phase will be displayed
    • You can choose between MF bill, Sep. Property Tax bill, and Sep. Special Assessment bill
    • You are only required to put data in for the MF field, the rest is optional. I also won't let you submit with the MF data. ;)
    • I validate the format of the currency entered, so that we don't get bizarre data
    • I check to see if we already have the information that you're hitting, if we do, I give you a message. If we don't, it gets added to the DB
  • Querying data: I'm not sure which feature I'm more excited for... :D
    • I allow real time display of data as you select the drop downs. Every time you make a new choice, the table gets scoped. You can be as vague as you want (all data) down to a specific property, unit size, and usage.
      OR
    • The table is sortable! If you click on the blue link at the top of the table (for any of the fields) it will switch between Ascending and Descending sort.

I've verified this site works against IE11, IE10, Firefox 24, Chrome 30, Safari 5.1.7 for Windows, Windows Phone 8, Android S3, and iPhone 5.

If you have any issues, shoot me a message.

Otherwise, let's get that database filled! :D

-Nico

Last edited by a moderator:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't input data for Ka'anapali. Incorrect syntax using the " ' " in Ka'anapali.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't input data for Ka'anapali. Incorrect syntax using the " ' " in Ka'anapali.

Whoops, forgot to use Encode in one spot. Fixed now. :D

Hit Ctrl-F5 to force reload the page.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all your efforts in this. I added the one I have access to from mystarcentral. Now, if we all do our part, we should have all the data in no time!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I added WKORV-N from 2008-2013. I add SVV Bella EOY odd for 2012-2013

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I was just poking around, and it looks/works GREAT so far!!!! If everyone inputs their resort MF's, it will be so much easier to find information than searching through separate threads on MF's.

(Lisa, it's really eye-popping to see Maui's MF's charted! :eek: )

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
now I just need to remember where I put my electronic MFs file for our weeks

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
now I just need to remember where I put my electronic MFs file for our weeks

As David highlighted with the HI properties I think we have to many BIO types.

I found GRGS list of SO vs VOI.

I'll compare and contrast next week and let hypnotic know which to remove.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Looks great! I just added a bunch of info.

A couple bugs:

1. I entered 2008 WMH MFs, then went back to enter a separate entry for the property tax and it wouldn't let me add the property tax as a new record.

2. Different units at the same property, same phase, sometimes have different MFs and taxes. While confusing, it may be worth permitting multiple entries for the same year/property/phase.

3. I inadvertently entered the property tax info in the tax field by error...multiple times. User error, yes, but I would suggest moving the property tax field directly after MF since it's more common for property tax than tax (none of my properties have tax; just property tax - other than WKORV, which do?).

I know, these are probably "features" (Microsoft-speak) but may be more practical if you update. ;)

Suggestion: I track % increase in my spreadsheets. It would be wonderful if you would add an analysis page of some type which shows some details about a particular resort and unit type. Perhaps a report displaying each year, % increase for MF and property tax, SVN fee, etc.

Thanks much!

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Thanks for all your work on this!

1. I entered 2008 WMH MFs, then went back to enter a separate entry for the property tax and it wouldn't let me add the property tax as a new record.

I had a similar issue with trying to the special assessment for Sheraton Vistana Cascades as a separate entry.

Glorian

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looks great! I just added a bunch of info.

2. Different units at the same property, same phase, sometimes have different MFs and taxes. While confusing, it may be worth permitting multiple entries for the same year/property/phase.

But aren't the units actually a different size? Like a 2BR-LO vs a 2BR? So you would never have two 2BR-LO with different maintenance fee amounts?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like the ampersand symbol in the resort names is causing issues in the search. Tried searching for resort=Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas but it returned no results. Though Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas shows in the database.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
But aren't the units actually a different size? Like a 2BR-LO vs a 2BR? So you would never have two 2BR-LO with different maintenance fee amounts?

No, we only wish it were that logical. I had two identical units at the same resort and phase with different MFs and property taxes (tho not a large difference); the only difference was the deeded week and unit number. I wouldn't have posted what I did if it were as simple as you suggest. I only wish it was.

Sent from my iPad

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No, we only wish it were that logical. I had two identical units at the same resort and phase with different MFs and property taxes (tho not a large difference); the only difference was the deeded week and unit number. I wouldn't have posted what I did if it were as simple as you suggest. I only wish it was.

Sent from my iPad

Are they Florida properties? I know for a fact that properties in Florida will have different MF amounts based on the season owned. This is because the taxes that are billed with the maintenance fees are different based on the season owned. That is why I suggested early on in the other thread to include the season as a field.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
On some of the mf statements (Kierland & SVR Cascades), there's a prior tax credit. Should I just deduct the credit from the current year's tax total?

Glorian

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are they Florida properties? I know for a fact that properties in Florida will have different MF amounts based on the season owned. This is because the taxes that are billed with the maintenance fees are different based on the season owned. That is why I suggested early on in the other thread to include the season as a field.

Not for Starwood... The difference in the tax is the sales price, not the MF.

Last edited:

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Keep it coming. :)

Fixed!
I'll add an optional week field later this weekend. :)
3. I inadvertently entered the property tax info in the tax field by error...multiple times. User error, yes, but I would suggest moving the property tax field directly after MF since it's more common for property tax than tax (none of my properties have tax; just property tax - other than WKORV, which do?).
Fixed your entries. I also moved swapped the tax fields to help avoid this issue going forward.
I know, these are probably "features" (Microsoft-speak) but may be more practical if you update. ;)
Yup, lots of 'features'. ;) You get what you pay for. :D

Suggestion: I track % increase in my spreadsheets. It would be wonderful if you would add an analysis page of some type which shows some details about a particular resort and unit type. Perhaps a report displaying each year, % increase for MF and property tax, SVN fee, etc.

Good suggestion, I'll work on this for my next update (after adding week field)

It looks like the ampersand symbol in the resort names is causing issues in the search. Tried searching for resort=Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas but it returned no results. Though Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas shows in the database.

Fixed!

I had a similar issue with trying to the special assessment for Sheraton Vistana Cascades as a separate entry.

Fixed!

That is why I suggested early on in the other thread to include the season as a field.

Sorry, I missed this in the earlier thread. As I told Ken above, I'll be adding an optional week field later this weekend. :)

Thanks again.
-Nico

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Fixed your entries. I also moved swapped the tax fields to help avoid this issue going forward.

Yup, lots of 'features'. ;) You get what you pay for. :D

Thanks! If only certain software companies fixed bugs as quickly as you... ;)

Sent from my iPad

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Nico - I made an error in WSJ 2009 (it was a time of SA vs RR dispute) - can't email thru program (uses Robin's Biz email) - should be $2465.82.
I put in info for 2005 but forgot name.

I put in Property taxes as $130 as a reasonable approx for the years entered

Phase should be WSJ VGV (it is not Hillside - although some buildings are on the Hill, but the pool villas are lower in elevation than BV ;))

WKV 1Bd Prem info that was entered for 2007 is incorrect (should be $596.7 and $32.60 tax) by some guy named Ken :D

Consider a total line (that doesn't include SVN fee) if you are going to include taxes and SA as separate line items.

Last edited:

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed everything except for Ken's amount for WKV.

Ken, did you mess up your WKV? I want to confirm before I change the data. :)

Ill look at adding a total line when I add the confirmation/verification page (sometime this week). :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are up to 84 entries in the database. Keep them coming! :D

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Ah. I see it. This line:

2007 Westin Kierland Villas 1 Bedroom Premium Annual 956.30 99 Ken555

Should be for a 2 Bed, not 1 Bed.

But it appears others are confused re property tax vs taxes. There should be no "taxes" for WKV.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I find the 'taxes' settings a bit confusing. For WSJ VGV the Property Taxes are separately billed. For WKV there is a tax incorporated into the MF, but not a property tax, and is also different for same VOI types.

Also, for WPORV - Owners pay a $50 annual fee (Princeville fee) on top of MF. Should this be included in MF or as separate line item.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find the 'taxes' settings a bit confusing. For WSJ VGV the Property Taxes are separately billed. For WKV there is a tax incorporated into the MF, but not a property tax, and is also different for same VOI types.

Also, for WPORV - Owners pay a $50 annual fee (Princeville fee) on top of MF. Should this be included in MF or as separate line item.

If you guys want to make show/hide dependent on resort, I can do that, I just need to know specifically which resorts have which taxes and which have none.

As far as WPORV, I would just include it as part of the MF unless owners want to track that amount changing.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Ill look at adding a total line when I add the confirmation/verification page (sometime this week). :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are up to 84 entries in the database. Keep them coming! :D

I guess I was not clear - the MFs for WSJ-VGV (2Bd TH) in 2009 was $2465.82 (not $1600.65). 2005 now has the 2009 MF (incorrect) - the original 2005 MF needs to be put back in