• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunrise Lodge, Park City Utah?

Dswduke123

Reaction score
Newbie here - was in Orlando this weekend for the "pitch" at Parc Soleil. Had all intentions of nodding my way through the presentation and then hitting Universal for some family fun.

Despite my best intentions (and asking lots of questions), I ended up signing for a timeshare at Sunrise Lodge, Park City Utah! :wall: The sales person was a nice enough and straight forward guy and I didn't feel like i was getting the hard close. I then commenced my web crawl to really understand what i just signed because i will most likely be rescinding within the 10 day period. Thankfully came across this forum as most everything else did not have good things to say about HGVC (or Hilton in general) which I found hard to believe since I had always had good experiences with them during my travels.

However, I do not see much on here about Park City. Anyone else own there?

Here are the details of my purchase:
Studio Plus
Platinum Season
3500 pts/year
$24,200
Maintenance/yr $607
10k Bonus Point to sign that day

Granted, i have no experience or knowledge of TS, but I somehow feel like this was a good package. My feelings won't be hurt ;) if you tell me i that i got snookered! Any other pieces of info needed to confirm either way?

Thanks!

Steve

Reaction score
Park City is a great place to vacation and the new Hilton property is very nice, but that is WAY too much to pay for a studio plus with only 3500 points a year.

Rescind at once and then learn how you can buy far more Hilton points for much less. As an example, a 5800 point Hilton ownership just sold for $1751 on eBay. That's not a typo. With those points, you could reserve a studio plus in Park City and have 2300 left over for another vacation.

Follow the instructions in your package and rescind, making sure to send the paperwork certified mail or FedEx with a receipt of delivery.

Welcome to TUG and the world of timeshare vacations. It is a fun place to be, but don't make a costly mistake. Rescind now.

Steve

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Glad you found us! Definitely rescind, and then hang around here and learn more about HGVC and timeshares in general. You will find that most HGVC owners here are very satisfied with their ownership (me included), but as with all timeshares, you can get a MUCH better deal buying resale.

Who knows? You may end up a HGVC owner after all.

Kurt

Dswduke123

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies! From the other threads it seems like Hilton is fairly good about rescinding letters and returning deposits. Anything i should be concerned about or be sure to include in the contract cancellation letter?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be anything legalese or fancy, just: I/We wish to cancel contract #__________ dated _________

Signed, John Husband and Mary Wife

The address will be in the contract- usually toward the end. Follow the directions- If it says USPS, mail it. if it says fax, or email or pony express or smoke signals, just do what the instructions say.

Glad you found TUG before you overspent.

Jim

hez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another newbie at Sunrise!

First, so glad I found you all! Spoke with Judy Kozlowski today after sending in a question.

We are Hilton Honors members? And were talked into listening to a presentation at a discounted say at the new HGVC Sunrise Lodge & a coupon one night stay up to $200 & 15,000 honor rewards...anyway. After sitting for 5 hours we signed up for a 2 bedroom Plus 8400 Platinum.
$47,829!! I still cannot believe we both signed this.

I have my rescission letter all typed up and printed and ready for the post office tomorrow morning. Thank you all for providing this site!

Last edited:

toontoy

Reaction score
Something that is really funny about this resort is before it became a Hilton resort you could buy a 1 bedroom condo for 180K, its funny to think that the cost of them should be a lot less. I am starting to think we should have purchased a unit prior the sale. Its a nice resort but it seems they are selling the weeks at a premium level

Dswduke123

Reaction score
My recession letter was delivered today and i called to confirm next steps for the deposit refund. I was told it could take about 20 days to be processed. Also, i was told will be getting a call from a salesperson once they receive/review the letter.

I also sent an email to the salesperson i met with (he gave me his personal card for his other mortgage business) to give him a heads up that i was canceling the contract. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Thanks for the replies and help.

I will post updates.

Steve

Reaction score
Thank you for the update. You have made a wise choice.

Steve

Dswduke123

Reaction score
Spoke with the Quality Assurance Manager that i met with during my visit. She mentioned the deposit will be refunded within ~20 days. All of the people i spoke with at HGVC regarding the cancellation have been very pleasant. Once i get this squared away, I will certainly look for other TS options via resale. Thanks for the help everyone!

Dswduke123

Reaction score
Credit posted back to my credit card for the deposit already. I was a bit nervous about getting slow rolled with the cancellation, but it went very smoothly. Just glad i found this forum and acted within the cancellation window. Thanks all!

MacieMay

Reaction score
rescind

Did the Salesperson call you? We are going to rescind as well from a purchase last week. I feel horrible, but it doesn't seem like the best value.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Don't take a call from the salescreep. Just rescind eggsactly as your contract provides.
Don't try to do it "your way" or seek concessions. Don't delay. Just do it.

Buying resale from an owner or broker is the way to go.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

MacieMay

Reaction score
Thanks! There were different documents in our paperwork saying 5 days and one saying 10 days to rescind. Sending it today certified!!

Dswduke123

Reaction score
I never got a call from the salesperson. Sent in the cancellation letter and had my deposit back within a couple days.