• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In middle of rescission process

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new to this board but have been with DVC for a while. We bought into Westin Kierland a few weeks ago at the resort and then decided that buying direct wasn't worth the extra cost. I sent my rescission letter quickly per the contract and instructions from this board. It was received by them within the time even though a postmark within the period was sufficient. I have stayed on top of this by calling the office I sent the rescission to often and have found out that everything has been cancelled with refund coming within two weeks. I have to say, while I wouldn't do this again for fun, the whole process went rather smoothly. I was very meticulous about making sure everything was done correctly. Is this unusual or more the norm? I hear horror stories about getting out of these but I did not experience that.

oceanvps

TUG Member
Reaction score
i did that (although with diamond) a couple of years ago and was also pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it went (no drama at all) :clap:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I am new to this board but have been with DVC for a while. We bought into Westin Kierland a few weeks ago at the resort and then decided that buying direct wasn't worth the extra cost. I sent my rescission letter quickly per the contract and instructions from this board. It was received by them within the time even though a postmark within the period was sufficient. I have stayed on top of this by calling the office I sent the rescission to often and have found out that everything has been cancelled with refund coming within two weeks. I have to say, while I wouldn't do this again for fun, the whole process went rather smoothly. I was very meticulous about making sure everything was done correctly. Is this unusual or more the norm? I hear horror stories about getting out of these but I did not experience that.

What is the current developer price?

(and congrats on not paying it)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What unit type (season layout) did you rescind and what was SVO's price?
{we ask because you do not see WKV from SVO often since WKV was sold-out a while ago - so this was returned inventory}

I rescinded WKORV OF (2005) quite easily and quickly (after finding TUG) with absolutely no hassle. I didn't even send in a recession letter to Orlando - or their materials back. I pretty much told them I may rescind upon returning home since I never had the time/opportunity to go thru the contract, CCRs, and SVO/SVN/II systems (and already spent way too much time of our vacation - which was of those sponsored SVO vacations at Poipu Sheraton Kauai).
My deposit was returned to my CC within 15 days.

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
The price was $19,900 for a 2BR lock-off Gold Plus season and yes it was returned inventory. They kept pushing how great a value the Starpoints up front and the chance to buy more at a great price was. I have a cousin who bought in direct and he thought the value of the Starpoints was there for his situation. I am buying in for the villas so the hotel points are not of value to me. I did find through researching that if you wanted to use the Starpoints for select times and places to Europe, it was a pretty good deal. Just not for me. Resale is a much better option for me. I have to say the salesperson I dealt with was very professional and not pushy, even when I told her we were reconsidering.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks Saaz (is that saaz as in the hop variety?)

2Bd LO Gold+ WKV have sold for ~$4K on the resale market (iirc) - that saves ~$15K - that is ALOT of SPs! {and a lot of hotel stays}

Effectively at 2.25 cents per SP (many consider FMV) - that is value is ~670K SPs.
I doubt those many SPs are offered as incentives ;)
No way - even with fuzzy math and retro of a SVN resale - can that ever be worth it.
you did well to rescind - as to your cousin... oh well...

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes that is the hop variety that give the Nectar of the Gods, better known as Pilsner Urquell, it's awesomeness. :D I have been a homebrewer for many years. We did find the exact same thing resale and are closing on that soon, saving about 15K. We loved Kierland and can't wait to go back. Also looking forward to trying the other locations.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes that is the hop variety that give the Nectar of the Gods, better known as Pilsner Urquell, it's awesomeness. :D I have been a homebrewer for many years. We did find the exact same thing resale and are closing on that soon, saving about 15K. We loved Kierland and can't wait to go back. Also looking forward to trying the other locations.

I used to be a homebrewer and still have my equipment. {brag} I won the CA State HomeBrew Comp twice for Pale Ale (by far the hardest category to win due to the number of entries) - also placed 1st for Strong Ale, and 2nd for Stout - all within a 4 year period. I was a Certified Beer Judge at one time, and use to judge all sorts of beer events.
Beer Week starts in the SF Bay Area on Friday...

WKV is a great resort - although I now rent it to offset the MFs from our other TSs - due to limited vacation days. I plan to use the resort or the SOs once I retire. Might even buy SDO at some point to use as a II exchanger.

Welcome to TUG.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The price was $19,900 for a 2BR lock-off Gold Plus season and yes it was returned inventory. They kept pushing how great a value the Starpoints up front and the chance to buy more at a great price was. I have a cousin who bought in direct and he thought the value of the Starpoints was there for his situation. I am buying in for the villas so the hotel points are not of value to me. I did find through researching that if you wanted to use the Starpoints for select times and places to Europe, it was a pretty good deal. Just not for me. Resale is a much better option for me. I have to say the salesperson I dealt with was very professional and not pushy, even when I told her we were reconsidering.

Thanks for the data points. They are sparse for that property.

Bravo for saving $15K.

And welcome to TUG.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the data points. They are sparse for that property.

Bravo for saving $15K.

And welcome to TUG.

Set up a search on eBay gold plus weeks make regular appearances.

Platinum plus weeks need a broker usually. Not many list on eBay.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got all the cancellation docs from Starwood and my money refunded last week. Thanks for all the help form this board.

Mister Sir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got all the cancellation docs from Starwood and my money refunded last week. Thanks for all the help form this board.

That's good news. My Bluegreen rescission was received by them about a week ago. I'm not sure if I should call or just wait it out.

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
I persisted, respectfully, until I got the answers I needed. I waited one week from proof of delivery and called there office. They acknowledged receipt of the letter and referred me to the proper department. That person to me that the contract had been cancelled and refund would be made within 14 days. I got it in 4.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great news. Now you can purchase resale and save some big money, in my opinion.

DTK

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum.

I'm glad to hear that you received your refund so quickly. I was quoted 30-45 days. After complaining about that, it was dropped to 20 business days. Which is still too long. If my cancellation doesn't go smoothly, I may start a new thread.

I visited the Maui Westin resort at the beginning of April and was talked into purchasing at the new Westin St. John project. I rescinded the next day in person and with certified mail to both offices listed on the cancellation form. I put the entire purchase price on my Starwood Am Ex (I was sold on the "points" since I made it clear I would never visit St. John). The sales persons have become much more slick since the last presentation I attended in Florida 20 years ago. I was definitely sold on the Starwood points. And after having time to regain my simple math skills, I discovered they would be the most expensive points ever.

Thank god for this forum! I almost vomited after walking out of the sales office. Got online, found this site, discovered what to do and did it immediately the next morning. Now that a week has gone by, I decided to call the office in Florida. I never got through to the cancellation department as I was told they were "very busy." Instead, I spoke with someone who was putting me on hold and getting me answers. I will try the Maui office on Monday.

I discovered in my contract that there is no mention of when SVN will refund your payment. I don't know if this is new. I'm sure contracts have become much more restrictive over time. After carefully reading mine, it looks like I got out of a very bad deal.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this board!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum.

I'm glad to hear that you received your refund so quickly. I was quoted 30-45 days. After complaining about that, it was dropped to 20 business days. Which is still too long

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this board!

Welcome to TUG. We're glad you found us in time. Chock up another one saved!

It might take up to 45 days to see your money refunded. Just alert your CC and challenge the charge. They may not notify you, but will not risk either playing games with your money, or holding it past 45 days. They may also promise it sooner, but note that whoever made the promise is not the person doing the refunding.

Again, Welcome. Do some research, if TS still appeals, buy resale. Participate in the forums that appeal to you. You'll get straight info here.

Jim

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I wouldn't panic - it will go smoothly. No one has ever complained here about the length of time to get refunded. Some of it may depend on whether you financed or not (etc). Not sure how long it takes currently, but I got mine back in less than 10 days - no hassles.
Rescind, Research, Resale

Last edited:

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you found this site before it was too late. I found this site and am not a timeshare novice and I fell for the Starpoints game. I did kind of have in the back of my mind that I would do the math later and then decide whether to rescind. And if I wanted to travel to Europe several times, the points for certain people may be worth it, but not me.

As for disputing the charge, I don't believe you have any right to do so since you signed a legitimate contract and SVN is within their rights to receive that payment.

Everything will go just fine. It just takes time. Good Luck.