• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Clarification on the HGVC Activation Fees

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Wow, these resale fees are getting ridiculous :annoyed:

HGVC Activation Fees from the 2014 Fee Schedule
Enrollment Fee $ 250
Membership Transfer Fee $399
First Year Activation Fee Voluntary $399

What is the difference between these fees and when do they apply? :doh:

I'm guessing....
- New HGVC Developer Resorts owners have to pay a one-time Enrollment Fee. Do existing HGVC owners have to pay this fee as well for each new week obtained?
- Affiliate resorts owners have to pay a one-time Membership Transfer Fee + First Year Activitation Fee. Do existing HGVC owners or Affiliate owners have to pay both fees for each affiliate week obtained or only the first year activation fee?

mkaz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Activation Fee

Yes, one must pay the enrollment fee when adding through the developer.:bawl:

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mandatory or Associated Resort?

As to Associated resorts on secondary market, there is a transfer($50 for Bay Club) and if you are all ready an HGVC member a $250 per odd and even season.

As an HGVC member I added a mandatory resort for just $399.

I pay one annual membership fee.

madhatter11

Reaction score
As to Associated resorts on secondary market, there is a transfer($50 for Bay Club) and if you are all ready an HGVC member a $250 per odd and even season.

As an HGVC member I added a mandatory resort for just $399.

I pay one annual membership fee.

So if you already own HGVC and buy via resale say, a 2BR Platinum, you just pay the $399 transfer fee? You don't have to pay the $250 club activation fee or any other fee?

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Resale Transfer Enrollment and Activation fees

If you buy a Hilton on the resale market, the following fees apply:

Developer Property:
$35 Estoppel Fee (pay off letter) - valid for 30 days or you will have to pay it a second time
$399 Transfer Fee
$250 Activation Fee
Standard Closing fees

Fees for affiliated resorts vary.

The Bay Club is $50 transfer fee + $250/ Every Other Year Interval enrollment fee

Other Affiliates can have estoppel fees/ transfer fees and or Enrollment fees. Those vary per property.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
If you buy a Hilton on the resale market, the following fees apply:

Developer Property:
$35 Estoppel Fee (pay off letter) - valid for 30 days or you will have to pay it a second time
$399 Transfer Fee
$250 Activation Fee
Standard Closing fees

Fees for affiliated resorts vary.

The Bay Club is $50 transfer fee + $250/ Every Other Year Interval enrollment fee

Other Affiliates can have estoppel fees/ transfer fees and or Enrollment fees. Those vary per property.

Still way cheaper than buying direct. :ignore:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still way cheaper than buying direct. :ignore:

Indeed. Our W. 57th resale just finished today (we have the points). I saw that fee and it seems that it's not previously been covered, so we'll have to pay it. But we still saved quite a bit on this, so it's OK :)

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
All 3 of my hgvc weeks were bought on the resale market at hgvc developer properties. I've been a HGVC owner since 2003 and my last HGVC resale purchase was in 2009 when there wasn't an activation fee.

For me, it's just shocking to see how we went from years with no activation fee to now almost $650 in activation fees for a developer property :eek:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Indeed. Our W. 57th resale just finished today (we have the points). I saw that fee and it seems that it's not previously been covered, so we'll have to pay it. But we still saved quite a bit on this, so it's OK :)

Cheers.

Welcome to the HGVC family. :hi:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the HGVC family. :hi:

Oh, we've been here for a while (almost as long as DVC :)). We bought W. 57th resale and are selling our HCNY back to Hilton. More attractive to have deeded property, and we've finally come to the conclusion that the members' lounge at HCNY is really frightfully inferior. Time to move along :)

Cheers.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Oh, we've been here for a while (almost as long as DVC :)). We bought W. 57th resale and are selling our HCNY back to Hilton. More attractive to have deeded property, and we've finally come to the conclusion that the members' lounge at HCNY is really frightfully inferior. Time to move along :)

Cheers.

Well I always enjoy having you around. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
All 3 of my hgvc weeks were bought on the resale market at hgvc developer properties. I've been a HGVC owner since 2003 and my last HGVC resale purchase was in 2009 when there wasn't an activation fee.

For me, it's just shocking to see how we went from years with no activation fee to now almost $650 in activation fees for a developer property :eek:

Do you have to pay an activation fee every year or just once?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Do you have to pay an activation fee every year or just once?

The fees are one time however there's annual club dues.
For 2015, the HGVC Annual Dues are $140 Domestic / $184 International.

Here's a link to the 2015 Club Fee Schedule - http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/2Fees-ENG-Rev010715.pdf

NOTE: Fees have increased since 2014 (when this thread began). When I sold my SeaWorld week this year, the new owner (an existing HGVC member) had to pay $399 Transfer Fee during Closing and an additional $315 Club Activation Fee (Enrollment) directly to HGVC.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fees are not cheap. But IMHO, they are worth it so you can have the ability to exchange to other resorts if you buy resale.

Way peferable than Marriott and Starwood voluntary resorts (unless you don't need to exchange).