• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebay Seller acobbfan?

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody had transactions completed by acobbfan on ebay - Seller of timeshares recently and successfully?

I purchased one from them end of June and have not seen the deed recorded yet on the county recorder website (where the timeshare is located). My credit card was charged.

Is it one that I would have to worry about?

NJ2Aruba

Reaction score
Anybody had transactions completed by acobbfan on ebay - Seller of timeshares recently and successfully?

I purchased one from them end of June and have not seen the deed recorded yet on the county recorder website (where the timeshare is located). My credit card was charged.

You may want to contact the Corporate Office (i.e. Divi Resorts, Hilton, Riu) and provide all pertinent information. Did you make a credit card payment to an individual or business entity? Did you bid on a fixed week and fixed unit #?

If you had all of this information, you should be able to contact the Corporate office and say something like "I recently purchased week 42 at the Riu Palace Aruba from John Smith and the Unit # is 704. My name is Robert Jones. Can you please let me know when the transfer deed will be recorded? Since I purchased in June, you should have received the new deed from Mr. Smith by now..."

If they have no idea what you are talking about and are unable to confirm that "John Smith" owns "Unit #704" during "week 42", you may want to contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. If it turns out to be a complete scam, you may also want to file a report with the Dept. of Consumer affairs in your state and the state where the entity you paid by credit card is located.

This is exactly why I won't list my two weeks for sale on E-Bay. Scamming can work both ways - seller and buyer.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some counties have a lag period where something is recorded but it doesn't show up online for a week. Your best bet is to ask the seller or closing company. Most will have a deed recorded within a few weeks.

RMiller05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Settled?

Hey got4boys, Did this ever get settled? Curious as I have a current auction with this same user.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got a emailed copy of the recorded deed last week, after asking multiple times about it. It is not officially in my name yet.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have found that of the regular ebay sellers, their ads have the most mistakes and inaccurate descriptions. I have a feeling that it's a combo of laziness and incompetence. It's not that you don't find the same kind of errors with other sellers, it's just that it appears 2-3 times more often in their ads. I'm afraid that buying with them is playing Forest Gump and you never know exactly what you are going to get until the deed is recorded and the resort transfer is complete. And if it is wrong at that point, can you imagine how long it will take them to correct the mistake if ever. Their prices are often cheaper than others but I would really proceed at your own risk.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Howzzat?

I finally got a emailed copy of the recorded deed last week, after asking multiple times about it. It is not officially in my name yet.

Sorry, but I'm confused by the above. If you have received and seen a copy of a new recorded deed, is that not by definition now "officially in your name"? :confused:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
"Recorded" means recorded with the local county records office - then it goes to the resort title office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Recorded" means recorded with the local county records office - then it goes to the resort title office.

Yes, of course; "recorded" is self-defining. Perhaps it's the subsequent resort notification aspect that has actually not yet been completed, resulting in the "not yet officially in my name" observation by the OP. Some inattentive eBay (...ahem) "closers" reportedly overlook this last important detail with some frequency. :shrug:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My experience was not the best. I told them I wanted all five names on the deed (us and 3 kids), and they didn't do it. I told them a few times, and have the emails for proof: I am worried you are not going to add the kids to the deed! They didn't do it. Starwood seems to have no problems with it, but they sure could have issues at some future time.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm confused by the above. If you have received and seen a copy of a new recorded deed, is that not by definition now "officially in your name"? :confused:

Yes. I am waiting on whether it passes the final transfer process through Starwood.

I have purchased a unit in the past (through a reputable reseller mentioned on TUG) that in the final step when the paperwork is with Starwood that it was rejected there due to that paperwork was never filed as it was part of an estate and and something was not completed correctly. In that instance the deed had to be recorded out of our name and back to the original seller.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Yes. I am waiting on whether it passes the final transfer process through Starwood.

I have purchased a unit in the past (through a reputable reseller mentioned on TUG) that in the final step when the paperwork is with Starwood that it was rejected there due to that paperwork was never filed as it was part of an estate and and something was not completed correctly. In that instance the deed had to be recorded out of our name and back to the original seller.

Dang, you never really know if the unit is yours until every T is crossed and every I is dotted… I hope my transfer goes smoothly

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've had a couple go through with them and have a couple more in process. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again... but I was rather hard on them on the first one I bought and they have been somewhat more "attentive" to mine as a result.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
One nice thing I've noticed from acobbfan is that he'll put a copy of the estoppel letter right in the eBay auction.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Won auction on Sept 30. Chose to pay 3% fee to pay by credit card.

For what it's worth, I've had a couple go through with them and have a couple more in process. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again... but I was rather hard on them on the first one I bought and they have been somewhat more "attentive" to mine as a result.

I've been getting the runaround, bad/false information, recent unresponsiveness to emails and just found out the owners have yet to sign off on the deed. Although, I was told over a month ago that it was ready to go to the City for recording. Last week, I was told the deed had been rejected by the City and returned. Asked for a status of it being resubmitted and evidence that it had been rejected. No response. Followed up a couple of days later on same. No response. Today, I emailed that things were becoming problematic and I paid by credit card and would need to file a dispute in the coming days. Got a response with many excuses. No, she was confused about it going out to be recorded, confused about it being rejected by City, typed email response to inquiries by somehow it wasn't sent, holiday and staffing issues, and on and on and on. She stated there were no troubles. :rolleyes:

She had no idea what I meant by a credit card being involved. I guess when the dispute of charges is filed, it might jog some memory.

A good chunk of change is involved and I'm tired of the game playing. Let the owners keep their timeshare if they are the cause of the hold-up. If not, let the eBay seller keep it.

First and last for me with this seller.

team2win

Reaction score
Proceed with caution

I have purchased 2 weeks from him last year. One took about 5 or 6 months and was incorrect once transferred the 2nd, has taken since June and still not transferred, luckily, these were the cheapie ones, so no big risk.

I actually contacted him about recent auctions last month he was running with obvious incorrect info. So you never know what you will get ultimately as there is a disconnect between seller and closing/transfer company also.

My advice, not worth time or risk or wait process.
I told him that when he asked if I was interested in buying from him again.

elleny76

Reaction score
Acobbfan

Hi, I purchase my timeshare in 2014 with them and everything when perfect. it took longer for my timeshare to send me paperwork done but its not their fault. they did their job. I will buy more from them and I have told my friends about them too. I hope this helps. :D

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Hmm, they've got some negative feedback recently; I took a chance & bought from them anyway last week.

I'm really hoping the deed gets processed by Wyndham by the end of the year - I want to be able to credit pool the 2016 points. Fingers crossed.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I bought from them on March 1st. The deed had 2 weeks on it but I only wanted to buy one. (One was a silver week I couldn't use.) They had to separate the weeks and I think they get bogged down when they run into anything out of the ordinary. They are still waiting for the signed deed to come back from the seller at this point. When they say it could take 180 days, you had better count on it. I am supposed to get 2015 usage (floating week) and will be upset if there is nothing left.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a week from them that ended up having 2 deeds on it as well. Waited for a few months and heard nothing. Called and wa eventually told the seller changed their mind, Months after a signed purchase contract. They offered me other weeks and I eventually found one that works but nothing that would replace what i originally bought(a sanibel island FL float week). They seem to be a good intentioned operation overall, but very overwhelmed and prone to errors on their listings.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am on my second transaction. Not particularly smooth. Like another ebay seller, I wouldn't buy a fixed week from them with less than 6 months prior to use date and I probably wouldn't purchase a float week at all with current year or even the next year as being available if it required any advance time to get the reservation.

I wish they wouldn't call the $699 a closing fee but a fee for their company to find a cheap TS and advertise it on ebay. If the ("independent" ha ha) closing company truly charges $699 for the type of closing they do, it would be ridiculous.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now yourvacationservices2

I noticed that acobbfan is now yourvacationservices2 on Ebay.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
acobbfan = yourvacationservices2

I noticed that acobbfan is now yourvacationservices2 on Ebay.

I just noticed this while looking at a resort I'm interested in. The new name has zero feed back but the old name has been getting red marks lately. This may be why they are changing. I'm surprised they haven't made a bunch of small purchases to get their count up.

These two auctions are for the same property, different units. The first was pulled before completion. No doubt they are the same.

acobbfan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221791672575?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

yourvacationservices2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPISTRANO-...NG-TRANSFER-/151756544174?hash=item23556518ae

There was a big price jump from the first to the second and that my be why the new name. They still have a ton listed under acobbfan (249), seventy for the new name and they have hefty buy it now prices but no feed back.

I won't deal with this seller so I hope the unit I want becomes available from a different seller.