• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St. Lucia taxi to Windjammer

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be heading to Windjammer June 3 to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We will be flying Delta(assuming all is well with Delta) and will need a taxi to the resort. On the St. Lucia tourist info site there is info on taxi service and looks like there are a lot of different ones to choose. Do we need to book ahead of time? Which ones are the best? We don't have a clue as to what we are doing. Thanks

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can give you a partial answer to your question.

First, you need to know whether you're landing at the international airport at the south end of the island ("Hewanorra") or the smaller airport in Castries ("Vigie").

The taxi ride from Hewanorra is about 75 minutes; Vigie is about 10 minutes.

We landed at Hewanorra; I've forgotten whether we arranged our taxi in advance or booked one on the spot. But my understanding is the taxi's on St. Lucia are coveted union jobs. That means you'll pay plenty, but your driver will be professional and reliable.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are landing at the international airport. We got ff tickets with Delta and can fly from Savannah to Atlanta and then straight to St. Lucia(provided Delta if flying). Thanks for your info.

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a taxi from Hewanorra to Windjammer will cost you around $80 each way. There will always be taxis available outside the airport. We always fly into Vigie, but at least you'll get a good look at the island!

PBlais

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are always taxis available at the airport. You really don't need to arrange it in advance.

$25 from Vigie (15 minutes) and $75 (75 minutes) from Hewanorra ($80 for 4 people). You should not need to make reservations except before you leave the resort to return. Taxi's in St Lucia are zone fare based so there is no meter. It's priced from zone to zone.

Babs from UK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. if you are landing at the main airport you will be besieged by porters trying to take your luggage for you and asking for tips. Feel free to use them but it is a very small walk from the airport to the taxi stand!

The journey from the main airport is very scenic and you certainly get to see some of the island on the way to Windjammer. The other airport, Vigie is only 15 minutes from Windjammer depending on the traffic and customs there is usually quite quick. You can expect to spend 30-40 minutes standing in line at the main airport if several flights come in at once.

Feel free to email me on BabsSteel@netscape.net if you want any more information.