• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] II Has Begun Promoting "Choose 2" Program

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval's new Choose 2 program, II's replacement to the XYZ Type I program, has begun being advertised on II's Home page. Some details below.

Introducing... Choose 2

Because 2 vacations are better than 1

With Interval's Choose2 program, you can turn your confirmed exchange into two seven-day vacations without giving up another week or any additional points. Reserve a second unit and bring along some friends, or extend your vacation for another week. You Choose!

Choose2 is available to members who have a confirmed exchange with a future check-in date. This can be an exchange you have already confirmed … or confirm an exchange today! Your Choose2 vacation can then be booked at select destinations either during the same week or the week after the initial exchange checks in.

Sample Choose2 destinations, typically available for check-in within the next 60 - 90 days, include:

• Orlando, Florida
• Las Vegas, Nevada
• Cancún, Mexico
• Williamsburg, Virginia
• Canary Islands, Spain

Questions? Please read our FAQs here>>

You'll need to book your Choose2 vacation before the check-in date of your confirmed exchange,
so call 800.622.4340 today and ask to Choose2.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
With this promotion and the system wide AC deposits, seems like they have lots of excess inventory. Theories why?

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
hi,
i just came to post about this and saw it already posted.
The Faq doesn't talk about the size of the unit for the choose2. People have posted that it is the size of the exchange but it doesn't say it anywhere. The old xyz was based on the size of the deposit. I hope this new one is based on the size of the initial exchange.

Pam

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
So if you have a confirmed exchange you automatically get this? I'm confused, I guess I will need to read up on it a bit more.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So if you have a confirmed exchange you automatically get this? I'm confused, I guess I will need to read up on it a bit more.

You automatically qualify for it, you still have to call to book the second week.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't this much more limited than the XYZ exchange in that you can only book a unit for the same or consecutive week as your initial exchange? That's great if you want to bring family and friends, or extend your vacation, but not as flexible as the XYZ was.

So, is XYZ total history now?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Q. Does the Choose2 week have to be at the same resort?
A. No, the Choose2 week can be at another resort, based on availability.
Q. Does the Choose2 week have to be during the same week?
A. No, the Choose2 week can be either concurrent to or immediately consecutive after the initial
exchange confirmation week.
Q. I purchased E-Plus with my initial exchange, can I still book another Choose2 week?
A. Yes. However, E-Plus cannot be purchased for a Choose2 week.
Q. What will happen if I retrade my initial exchange confirmation?
A. If you retrade your initial exchange confirmation, there is no impact to your Choose2 week.

Per the published q and a, the second week has to be in a location on the grid and it has to be concurrent or consecutive to the other week booked. It doesn't have to be at the same resort (first week can be anywhere) and then you apparently can use eplus to retrade the first week to a different week.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Understood, I'm just saying I'm not very excited about this because it's not an on par replacement for the XYZ exchanges. You can still get two weeks out of one (with two exchange fees, of course), but having to book the second week concurrent or consecutive with your original exchange, makes it less useful to me - unless I wanted (and could get) a second week at the resort I exchanged into. I buy ePlus as insurance, or to upgrade if a better unit becomes available. I can think of few instances that I'd want to exchange and buy an ePlus with the intention of trading later (using online search only), just to get a second, very limited (by week and location) unit with "Choose 2". There are always cheap getaways that give me more flexibility to go to Orlando, Las Vegas, Williamsburg...

I can see this would work great if you give weeks to family or friends to use. "Hey! We're going to Maui, you can take your family to Orlando while we're gone." ;)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
grid is only available to agents. It sounds like it is mostly the Orlando, Vegas, Branson, non summer Williamsburg, Mexico type grid.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
With this promotion and the system wide AC deposits, seems like they have lots of excess inventory. Theories why?

There is one clear reason. When times are tough, like the recent recession, there is excess available inventory everywhere, but mostly in shoulder and off season. When times are pretty good, like the present day, there is plenty of excess inventory during the off season (and some shoulder) in high supply areas. They build up those high supply areas to satisfy the demand during most of the year. It's a balance. Right now they are building like crazy here in Orlando. The more they build the more empty rooms there will be for times like September.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was posted a couple of hour ago on interval:
Hello Interval members,

Spoiler alert: Recently, you may have seen some banners regarding an upcoming program, Choose 2. Please know, this membership benefit is coming soon – but it's not ready to be revealed just yet! Thank you for your patience as we work to finalize the details of this exciting perk.

Sincerely,
Interval International

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Understood, I'm just saying I'm not very excited about this because it's not an on par replacement for the XYZ exchanges. You can still get two weeks out of one (with two exchange fees, of course), but having to book the second week concurrent or consecutive with your original exchange, makes it less useful to me - unless I wanted (and could get) a second week at the resort I exchanged into. I buy ePlus as insurance, or to upgrade if a better unit becomes available. I can think of few instances that I'd want to exchange and buy an ePlus with the intention of trading later (using online search only), just to get a second, very limited (by week and location) unit with "Choose 2". There are always cheap getaways that give me more flexibility to go to Orlando, Las Vegas, Williamsburg...

I can see this would work great if you give weeks to family or friends to use. "Hey! We're going to Maui, you can take your family to Orlando while we're gone." ;)

Hmm... Interesting thought, I somehow intrepreted what I read to mean, concurrent or consective weeks to be resorts in the same area (as long as that area is on the grid). It would be interesting to find out if you can book Maui, and get Las Vegas or Orlando the following week, because those areas are on the Grid.

Not that I would do that, but it's a lot better than both weeks needs to be in the same area, and that you have to hope the area you booked is going to be on the grid.

Great3

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This was posted a couple of hour ago on interval:
I was on the phone earlier today with interval to ask about the choose 2 program being I had a confirmed exchange. I was told my week was not eligible as I traded a one bedroom for a one bedroom. I was given the example if I had traded my two bedroom to a one bedroom or studio then I would be eligible. The representative seemed confused as I was put on hold a number of times.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was on the phone earlier today with interval to ask about the choose 2 program being I had a confirmed exchange. I was told my week was not eligible as I traded a one bedroom for a one bedroom. I was given the example if I had traded my two bedroom to a one bedroom or studio then I would be eligible. The representative seemed confused as I was put on hold a number of times.

The rep was confusing Choose 2 with the XYZ Type 2.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

The rep was confusing Choose 2 with the XYZ Type 2.

Could be they don't know much about it as it seems it's not completely officially rolled out yet.

But that perk has been around for a long time - you can get two smaller units to "equal" the capacity of a larger unit exchanged.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How far out can you book Choose 2? If my original exchange is a year out, can I book choose 2 a year out as well or do I need to wait till 60 to 90 days out?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
What we learned about XYZ was that the understanding of the program could vary significantly by representative. So I would hang up and call back, or once you find your guy/gal who you trust is very knowledgeable, stick with them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How far out can you book Choose 2? If my original exchange is a year out, can I book choose 2 a year out as well or do I need to wait till 60 to 90 days out?

Probably not since the second week has to be concurrent or consecutive to the initial exchange. The "available for check-in within the next 60 - 90 days" will prevent you from booking this far out.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Potential loophole???? Buy EPlus for first trade. Add Choose 2 week.....then retrade the original with EPlus. I think this would get 2 weeks that are not concurrent or consecutive. Thoughts?

Q. I purchased E-Plus with my initial exchange, can I still book another Choose2 week?
A. If you retrade your initial exchange confirmation, there is no impact to your Choose2 week

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Potential loophole???? Buy EPlus for first trade. Add Choose 2 week.....then retrade the original with EPlus. I think this would get 2 weeks that are not concurrent or consecutive. Thoughts?

A. If you retrade your initial exchange confirmation, there is no impact to your Choose2 week

That is correct. Though for your retrades, you are stuck with online instant inventory. No OGS with retrades.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like the banner ad for Choose-2 may have been premature. II posted in the thread in their Community that the feature is coming soon and they are still working on the program details. The banner ad has been pulled.

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It looks like the banner ad for Choose-2 may have been premature. II posted in the thread in their Community that the feature is coming soon and they are still working on the program details. The banner ad has been pulled.
Quite the professional outfit that II is. Just like its 1990s website.

MG5

TUG Member
Reaction score
II new program: Choose 2

Introducing... Choose2
Because 2 is always better than 1
Your vacationing just got better with Choose2! It's 2 times the fun with 2 ways to book. When you have an upcoming confirmed exchange, you can:

Reserve a second unit for the same week at the same resort or at one nearby, and vacation with family or friends.
OR
Turn one week of vacation into two. Stay another week at the same resort, visit a different resort, or even go to a different destination.

You can do all of this without exchanging another week or using additional points. Payment of an additional exchange fee is required.

For destinations and months of travel currently available for Choose2 booking, see chart below.
Choose2 weeks are limited to select resorts, unit sizes and check-in dates. If you already have a confirmed exchange or are getting ready to book your next vacation, take a look at the chart to see if a Choose2 week may be available for you. If your exchange vacation is further in the future, keep checking back for the latest availabilty. You'll need to book your Choose2 week before the check-in date of your confirmed exchange.

Why choose just one when you can Choose2? Choose2 weeks must be booked by a vacation advisor, so call 800.622.4340 and unleash the power of 2!

Questions? Please read our FAQs here>>

This chart shows expected availability for Choose2 weeks. Please note that availability changes frequently. Please call a vacation advisor if you see an area that interests you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Choose2 offers the opportunity for Interval members to obtain a second exchange confirmation from a single relinquishment.

Initial week
In order to be eligible for a Choose2 week, the initial exchange must have a status of Confirmed. The confirmation for the initial exchange must have been obtained using the Deposit First exchange method, the Request First exchange method, or an accommodation certificate issued as a replacement for a deposited week. All other types of accommodation certificates do not qualify for a Choose 2 exchange.

The Terms and Conditions of Individual Membership apply to the initial exchange and the Choose2 week.

Choose2 week
Choose2 weeks are available via call center or servicing office only; requests cannot be placed or confirmed on IntervalWorld.com. Only one Choose2 week can be confirmed per relinquishment. All Choose2 weeks must be instant confirmations; exchange requests cannot be placed. The Choose2 week must be confirmed before the check-in date of the initial exchange. The Choose2 week must be either concurrent to or immediately following the initial exchange confirmation week.

Available Choose2 exchanges will be limited to select areas and check-in dates at the discretion of Interval International. These areas and dates may change at any time. Members should check back if the available Choose2 dates have not yet reached the check-in date of the initial exchange. Additional limitations may be included or removed at any time, at the discretion of Interval International. These limitations may include restrictions based on holiday blackout dates, developer, resort, unit size, and/or private sleeping capacity.

Payment of an additional fee is required. The fee for Choose2 is the applicable telephone exchange fee. Exchange fees vary based on country of residence. The fee for Choose2 is the applicable telephone exchange fee. Exchange fees vary based on country of residence. Choose2 week is not available for a ShortStay Exchange. E-Plus cannot be purchased for a Choose2 week. A Choose2 week cannot be retraded.

A Choose2 exchange cannot be a ShortStay Exchange. E-Plus cannot be purchased for a Choose2 exchange. Choose2 exchanges cannot be retraded.

There is no impact to a Choose2 week if the initial exchange confirmation against the same relinquishment is retraded via a standard retrade or an E-Plus retrade. There is also no impact on a Choose2 week if the initial exchange confirmation is canceled and Interval retains the relinquishment and exchange fee. However, if the initial exchange confirmation is canceled and Interval returns the relinquishment and exchange fee, the Choose2 week will also be canceled.

Close

Last edited by a moderator:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Chart? What Chart?

I guess we're not worthy of the chart. :shrug: