• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Score! Impromptu trades and flight - Ko Olina

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I saw Marriott Ko Olina weeks just sitting there in II that spanned Oct through Dec using a 1 BR Marriott. My husband said let's do it. :). We planned for 1 week at Oahu followed by 2nd week at Big Island. Booked them and changed our minds. Decided on doing 2 weeks at Ko Olina. Tried looking for retrades with my Marriott studio and it got stressful. I even saw 2 BR weeks available at times with my 1 BR but studio would not pull it and I did not have another 1 BR available. We were willing to go with a studio but none was available. Finally put in another Marriott studio for ongoing search, got a match the same night. 2 weeks overlapping 1 day for 2 BR non-lockoff. Wonderful as it matches Hawaiian Airlines saver award dates. I swear that studio gets a bump in trade power by putting in as a search.

Lucked out on flights as well. We hardly fly anymore and would only fly business/first class. Booked the last 2 first class saver award miles for the dates on Hawaiian Airlines The nail biting piece was waiting for transfers from hotel points to Hawaiian and worrying that the saver awards would be gone by the time the transfers were done.

Did not do too badly for impromptu travel.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Sweet.

Good info to hear about the studio. I assume you meant deposit-first and matched the studio (and the 1br) to 2br <59 days? Or did you just instant the 1br?

I'm jealous.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was outside of Flexchange (4 months out). The 1BR was an instant exchange. My 1BR had always been able to pull 2BR and 3BR at Ko Olina. My studio was a touch a go, it will pull all studio and 1BR and some 2BR "instantly". I had tried it 3 times so far with an on-going search using a studio and it would pull a 2BR, including at Newport Coast, when it would not even see Newport Coast inventory online.

No need to be jealous. :) It will be my first time to Ko Olina and I am very excited.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
A couple of weeks ago I saw Marriott Ko Olina weeks just sitting there in II that spanned Oct through Dec using a 1 BR Marriott. My husband said let's do it. :). We planned for 1 week at Oahu followed by 2nd week at Big Island. Booked them and changed our minds. Decided on doing 2 weeks at Ko Olina. Tried looking for retrades with my Marriott studio and it got stressful. I even saw 2 BR weeks available at times with my 1 BR but studio would not pull it and I did not have another 1 BR available. We were willing to go with a studio but none was available. Finally put in another Marriott studio for ongoing search, got a match the same night. 2 weeks overlapping 1 day for 2 BR non-lockoff. Wonderful as it matches Hawaiian Airlines saver award dates. I swear that studio gets a bump in trade power by putting in as a search.

Lucked out on flights as well. We hardly fly anymore and would only fly business/first class. Booked the last 2 first class saver award miles for the dates on Hawaiian Airlines The nail biting piece was waiting for transfers from hotel points to Hawaiian and worrying that the saver awards would be gone by the time the transfers were done.

I have a question about putting in an ogs with your studio. How did you put in an ogs with a studio for a 2br umit? I thought ogs had to be like for like outside of flex time. Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have a question about putting in an ogs with your studio. How did you put in an ogs with a studio for a 2br umit? I thought ogs had to be like for like outside of flex time. Thanks

You can only request a unit that is as large as your deposit. However, if weeks become available and they are only larger than what you are offering and they have the trade power to pull the larger unit, you will get the match in to the larger unit.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I had no idea the studio could pull something that big, that often.

So, did you get lot of completed matches for studios that you released or did it just pop to 2br/3br?

I'm suddenly very motivated if studios will pull MKO 2br/3br outside of flex on a moments notice (off season of course).

thanks for the info

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no idea the studio could pull something that big, that often.

So, did you get lot of completed matches for studios that you released or did it just pop to 2br/3br?

I'm suddenly very motivated if studios will pull MKO 2br/3br outside of flex on a moments notice (off season of course).

thanks for the info

No release, studios just get matched to 2 BR each time. With NCV, the units are all 2 BR anyway.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
What resort studio and 1 bedroom units were you trading with?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I exchanged a studio and got a studio at KBC, with a checkin date of 9/13. I now see a 1BR at KBC with the same checkin date (using a fake studio reservation). Is there a way I can call Interval and get that?? I didn't purchase the ability to retrade.

Never mind...it's gone. I decided the best thing to do was click on the "start retrade" button but nothing is showing now. I then went back and used another fake reservation of a studio just to be sure, and nothing shows. Oh well, ya snooze, ya lose!

Last edited:

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading question

This morning, I used my Arube Surf Club studio to exchange for the Ko Olina studio for next August. I am wondering whether it will be possible to re-trade into a 1BR or 2BR in Ko Olina some time next summer? Thank you!