• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to rescind Marbrisa

Kd311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello:
We just attended a presentation at Marbrisa yesterday and need to rescind so we can buy resale. The paperwork says only it needs to be in writing. Any tips on how to successfully rescind? We just got incorrect info from a customer service rep that convinced us to buy (they have to be licensed real estate agents in CA). He said resale at Marbrisa are all fixed weeks only, but we see floating weeks for resale at a fraction of the price so a rescinding we will go lol.

Thanks!
Karen
3,400 EOY Boulevard
3,400 Annual Flamingo

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a timeframe that you need to do this by. Because of that, I recommend that you get it done today. Look through the paperwork and CD that they gave you. There should be specific instructions on how to do it. You will mail it in certified return receipt to make sure it was delivered in time.

All the extras that they gave you, the tote, notebook, whatever can be mailed to same place with the cheaper postage. You don't have to return whatever your free gift for attending prize, but you do need to return any free gift with purchase.

Then, check out resales. Do you really want Marbrisa? That is easy to get via resale.

Kd311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I deliver?

Thanks Presley and Denise!

We are still at the neighboring resort. We are going to deliver the notice to rescind in person, get a receipt and also send via cert. Mail return receipt tomorrow while we are in Carlsbad. It says in writing delivered to the Carlsbad Circle address where we attended. We will send to corporate in FL too. Probably overkill I know but worth it to be sure. We will also give back their umbrella lol

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I absolutely would NOT go back - they are not your friends, they will do everything short of kidnapping you to keep you from rescinding.

MAIL IT!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks Presley and Denise!

We are still at the neighboring resort. We are going to deliver the notice to rescind in person, get a receipt and also send via cert. Mail return receipt tomorrow while we are in Carlsbad. It says in writing delivered to the Carlsbad Circle address where we attended. We will send to corporate in FL too. Probably overkill I know but worth it to be sure. We will also give back their umbrella lol

Do you mind sharing what package of points and price you purchased?

Good decision to rescind!

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Kd311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at all. $13,080 plus 6,000 bonus points for 3,400 gold EOY. He told us it is the only new construction HGVC has going. He told us that he could show us how to pay our MF for all three units we would own for 480 points, but it was only available at that resort. That was what appealed to us. He also said that resales were only available as fixed weeks instead of float/points. I checked with an agent at Judy Kozlowski's office and she said not true. She also said she had a 5,000 point annual points unit for $2,500 at Marbrisa. :)

We re-read our contract and the cancellation requirements. It said fax, mail or personal delivery. The resort where we are staying faxed the required cancellation, a copy of my contract and my cover letter today as a courtesy. I have the confirmation sheet. I'm dropping off the gift bag and ownership docs tomorrow. I'll also send my notice to cancel via cert Mail on Thursday when I'm home.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at all. $13,080 plus 6,000 bonus points for 3,400 gold EOY. He told us it is the only new construction HGVC has going. He told us that he could show us how to pay our MF for all three units we would own for 480 points, but it was only available at that resort. That was what appealed to us. He also said that resales were only available as fixed weeks instead of float/points. I checked with an agent at Judy Kozlowski's office and she said not true. She also said she had a 5,000 point annual points unit for $2,500 at Marbrisa. :)

We re-read our contract and the cancellation requirements. It said fax, mail or personal delivery. The resort where we are staying faxed the required cancellation, a copy of my contract and my cover letter today as a courtesy. I have the confirmation sheet. I'm dropping off the gift bag and ownership docs tomorrow. I'll also send my notice to cancel via cert Mail on Thursday when I'm home.

I'll give you, that paying 3 x MF with only 480 points sounds appealing. If I hadn't known what I know now I would have bought it too because of that.

But as with everything else: you know a salesman is lying when his lips move.

Good call to rescind.

Regards.

Kd311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed!

It's sad. We really thought since he was a customer service rep and wasn't on commission, he was going to give us some great info. I think he was going to wait to give it to us until we were locked in though lol

Kd311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission Complete!

I went to Marbrisa this morning and asked to talk to someone in the escrow department. They took me right up. I explained I was rescinding/canceling and that I was bringing back the materials/gift and could I have a signed receipt? The rep who helped me took the rescind form to the person who closed our transaction. She gave me a dated, signed stamp right on my copy of the California required cancellation form. I also faxed it yesterday and have the confirmation. So I'm double covered :). Both were acceptable methods of cancellation per the language buried in the contract.

Oh, I passed the rep who sold us the unit (and the bill of goods) twice. I said "good morning" brightly both times. He didn't recognize me, and was intent on greeting his next "customers." :clap:

Now we will regroup and take some time to decide what we really want to do.

Karen

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there as well. Talked to Judy and her people after he lied to us and gave us the same BS he got you to bite on. She told us about you and your interaction with him. Glad we both figured it out before it was too late.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Grats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save $13grand!