Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > General Discussion > TUG Lounge

TUG Lounge The place for all discussions that don't fit into the other defined forum areas. Posts discussing politics, religion, and controversial social issues that are not directly related to timesharing are not permitted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 19, 2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Sthack
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05

Resorts: Sheraton Vistana (Fountains II) - Orlando
Question What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

It's my daughter's birthday and I'm making her favorite dish, King Crab Legs!!! But I don't know what else to cook with them.

What goes well with steamed crab legs for dinner? (other than drawn butter)
Sthack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 01:59 PM   #2
ricoba

TUG Member

Re: What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

Boiled new red potato's or rice and steamed spinach for the side. With seafood I always find the simpler the better.
ricoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Malibu Sky
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Desert Breezes in Palm Desert, CA; Sweetwater @ Park City, UT

Pig's Feet and Chicken Thighs!

Sorry...couldn't resist !!

Have a nice dinner!
Malibu Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Liz Wolf-Spada
TUG Member

Resorts: Welk, Gaslamp, Lowveld Lodge, Paniolo Green

Fruit salad and sourdough french bread! Yum!
Liz
Liz Wolf-Spada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 04:11 PM   #5
caribbean
TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Sandpiper Beach Club/FL; Bluebeards Beach Club/STT/2wks; RHC/2wks; Sandy Pt Beach/Boambee Bay/AUS/RCI PTs; joined 2001.

Baked potato with butter & sour cream, green beans with almonds, King's Hawaian bread, and a good glass of white wine.

Gee can you tell I am still on soft foods following surgery. HUNGRY.

Itís these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couldnít laugh we would all go insane
- Buffett
caribbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 04:16 PM   #6
breezylawn

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 22, 05
Wink Re: What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

Rice Pilaf: Set aside boiled rice (as much as you need to feed)
In saucepan put in 2 T oil and chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, all very finely chopped. When it is golden, add your white rice.
Voila! It's wonderful and I make it with all my seafood meals. Don't forget the corn on the cob.
Can I come?
breezylawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Bolen
TUG Member

Resorts: Fort Lauderdale Pocono's South Africa Idaho

Hold on to your Crab Legs cause this will make you Hungry!!!

1. Whole Portebello Mushroom Caps filled with cooked bacon and covered with Mozzarrilla Cheese, grilled till the cheese melts then serve with your favorite salad dressing topping.

2. Tender crisp cooked fresh Asperagus (the slim to medium ones) also served with melted butter...

3. Whole wheat Cous-Cous (we like Trader Joe's) mixed with separately fried onions, garlic, and peppers, salt and pepper...

Gotta love it!!!

Bolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 06:49 PM   #8
jme
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 12, 05

Resorts: Marriotts: Grande Ocean x4, Barony x2, OceanWatch x1, Manor Club x1; Waterside/Spin x2, Sheraton Bdwy Plantation x2
Talking Re: What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

My first thought was "second mortgages".....and for very good reason: my 16-y.o. daughter happens to love crablegs, and we always take her best friend with us to HHI for our summer vacations, and SHE also loves crablegs...and they ALWAYS each put in their own separate adult-sized orders of crablegs wherever we go. A funny story, but when they were around 8, the waiter at Crazy Crab brought out two huge black pots full of crablegs, saw only 2 little girls without food, and turned around and went to other tables searching for the "owners"....we had to get him to come back and give the girls their crablegs! And believe me, these two can crack some perfect crablegs!!! It's amazing to watch......I've never seen anything like it. They look like two stenographers at work, with perfect sections of meat coming out every 3 seconds. And the GRIN on their faces is truly priceless. Actually I love doing this for them, and we always hit Crazy Crab our first night. Of course, when we go to Marley's, they order crablegs again. And again, and again, and again. Adult orders, not kiddie portions. And, my son (19 y.o.) happens to love lump crabmeat and lobster tails....double Australian rock lobster tails! (Marley's are "to die for"!) Doesn't surprise me, because he was ordering Eggs Benedict at age 3. We do enjoy the whole scene, tho. Dinner out is always a thrill. And we're making memories ....Later the next month, we see how much fun we had on vacation when the credit card statement comes in...delivered to the front door by UPS on a dolly. Needless to say, we always splurge. But we're always smiling. Hilton Head has some fantastic places to get awesome food, and we do our part to keep the local economy afloat. jme
jme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 07:46 PM   #9
GPY

BBS Reg. Date: May 19, 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolen
Hold on to your Crab Legs cause this will make you Hungry!!!

1. Whole Portebello Mushroom Caps filled with cooked bacon and covered with Mozzarrilla Cheese, grilled till the cheese melts then serve with your favorite salad dressing topping.

2. Tender crisp cooked fresh Asperagus (the slim to medium ones) also served with melted butter...

3. Whole wheat Cous-Cous (we like Trader Joe's) mixed with separately fried onions, garlic, and peppers, salt and pepper...

Gotta love it!!!

x1000 on all of the above. MMMMmmmm
GPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 05:39 AM   #10
silverfox82
TUG Member

A few years ago I sold King crab, lobster tails and shrimp around the holidays for a little extra income but I can not compete with Costco and BJ's prices, they sell them at the price I was paying wholesale from the Fulton market, so my sugestion is, visit either store, find out when the next seafood roadshow will be set up (they are not there all the time) and stock up. They sell the best kind which is reds from russia and the largest size which is 6 to 9's which means they are over a pound apiece, last I looked they were under $13 a lb. I have them with a baked potato and asparagus, simple but elegant. enjoy. ps, if you have had legs that were salty or had an odd nutty flavor they were not reds but brown or golden crab, although they all look alike since they are cooked when you buy them and turn red, buyer beware, ask to see the box if in doubt.
silverfox82 is offline   Reply With Quote