Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > All Other Timeshare Systems

All Other Timeshare Systems Discussion of other timeshare systems that do not have dedicated forums (e.g. Hyatt, VRI, Bluegreen, Westgate etc.)

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 24, 2006, 01:44 PM   #1
ZDJ
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 20, 05
Questions re: Club Intrawest sales process

Hi All,
Question for those of you with CI experience: When you went on your discovery stay, what type of accomodation were you put in? At Whistler were you placed in a Intrawest-developed, non-timeshare unit? (i.e., a condo that was utilizing the Intrawest rental program)? I'm definitely interested in the Whistler location, but want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.
Thanks,
ZDJ
ZDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 02:06 PM   #2
tashamen

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Club Intrawest points, Trapp Family Lodge, TUG member since Jan 2002
Re: Questions re: Club Intrawest sales process

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDJ
Hi All,
I'm definitely interested in the Whistler location
In case you aren't aware of it, CI owners have no "home" resort, so if you buy CI points they're not specifically for Whistler.

Sorry I can't help you with the rest of your question as we never went on a discovery stay. We have some friends who did that at the Mont Tremblant location, and they were put up in one of the other Intrawest-owned properties there and not at Club Intrawest. I think that's pretty common to those deals at many timeshares.
tashamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Bill4728

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Club Intrawest, DRI-Monarch Grand Vacations, Mountainside Lodge, Marriott Newport Coast

When you stay, you'll be put in several different kinds of rooms depending on what time of year you visit. You may stay in a hotel or Condo in town during the peak demand season for the clubs rooms. But during slower demand times you may be given a room at the club location.

Please read the TUG advice for club Intrawest on the TUG advice page. Link here

Good Luck
Old May 26, 2006, 07:57 PM   #4
OnMedic
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: HGVC Orlando & Las Vegas; DVC SSR & AKV

We did the discovery last year in Tremblant for an affordable anniverary weekend away. As mentioned, there is no home resort so everyone has the same reservation window for all the resorts.

We stayed at one of the intrawest branded Condo-Hotels. It was very nice, and in fact we are now considering purchasing a quarter at the resort which we stayed. Part of the CI sales pitch was that if you upgrade to any intrawest product in the future, your CI could be traded in for full credit. I am not sure if that includes buying resale...?

Steven Bate

OnMedic is offline   Reply With Quote