• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Acquisitions/Timeshare Liquidators Police investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Fellow tuggers, if you have been scammed by Timesahre Liquadators, Resort Acquistions, Corporate Direct Sales, Vacation Solutions (all the same people), please call Detective Don Guge at 828-253-4889 and give him all the information that you have about your transaction. He is working the case and it is now a federal case because it involves people in many different states. He will want you to gather any notes or correspondence you have faxed to him along with your written report of what happened. You can fax that information to 828-253-4700 to his attention.

Don Guge is also a timeshare owner so he understands our situation. he was great to talk to. he said that his goal is to either get our monay back or the deed that we derserve. His other goal is to put the persons responsible behind bars. he has been working overtime on this investigation and one of the partners has assisted him in getting to the bottom of this case.

Donna D.:) :hi:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
These people operate under so many aliases, with dozens of different ebay ID's that you will have no idea if the reseller you are working with is actually one of these scumbags. One of my deeds actually has Vacation Solutions on the paperwork. Others have various owners' names, probably all associated with the same people, same scam.

There are more company names and websites than those you listed. I think these people are criminals, taking advantage of uninformed timeshare owners, offering cash for their weeks, sometimes even charging the owner to take the week off of their hands, then selling for a profit. :annoyed:

What are the charges against them, exactly? They send postcards and take advantage of people who already are victims of developers who overcharge. But what crime? I know that what they do is immoral, but immorality and law do not always work hand in hand, unfortunately. Taking advantage of others naivete is hardly illegal. These guys are con artists, pure and simple.

I think I have purchased three weeks from this company, all on ebay, only one with that actual company name on the deed, the rest had individuals' names, so no real proof there. I received all deeds and have been leary of ebay sellers ever since. I thought I found something better with tsrecycler on ebay, he is definitely with Vacation Solutions. I would bet most TUGgers purchases are from this company, most do not know it..

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
what are some of the other names they use to sell on ebay?

sue0067

Reaction score
To make it clear to some that have confusion. Timeshare Liquidators had about two hundred listings that they have auctioned off since early April. They collected the $$ immediatley, however seeing that it takes a few months for the full transaction to go through (deed transfer)...they seemed to have skipped without delivering to all those people.

It is anyone who did not get their deed...that needs to talk to the detective. Resort Aquisition seems to be a victim in this case also. All though they were involved...Timeshare Liquidators skipped with their money too, along with ours. They had supplied true properties for Timeshare Liquidators to list and auction off. They are sitting empty handed also.

Kinda like a person selling their house. They give it to a real estate agent. The agent sells it, buyer pays 100% deposit, but realtor skips with the money before putting it in escrow or transfering the deed. Seller is not happy, doesn
t get his money...purchaser is devastated ...paid for house , but doesnt have anything...Realtor on beach in Jacksonville Florida sipping a daquiri. Same story.

There are many scams out there...but this one is specific to a collect and run. This is basically what happened. Mike at Resort Aquisitions seems to be on the right side of the law and is working very hard with Det. Gooch in trying to do right.

Sue

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Gee, I am a Realtor and no one has given me a house to sell. That is probably not a good analogy. :) I guess they shouldn't have trusted these people. Perhaps they should have insisting on bonding them. If you entrust a person with something of value, you need insurance/assurance that they will follow through.

This is completely different. If Vacation Solutions or Resort Acquisitions or any number of the aliases they use is out a little money, that is fine by me. These people are scum, paying almost nothing for timeshares from uninformed owners who have no idea what value they are. Most of us on this site all know that timeshare is more valuable than these companies would like people to believe. Why would we post here if we thought timeshare was a waste of money?

I don't see how this company is out anything. They still have the deeds to the properties. It is the people who are out the money.

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether Timeshare Relief is another allias for this bunch or whether they are legit? I received a postcard from them this week saying they are going to be "in my area" making offers on timeshares.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are the same, their websites are identical, except for the name of the site.

JillChang

Reaction score
I am confused, are you saying timeshare liquidation and vacation solutions are the same?

I am assuming Vacation Solutions are dochoa, tochoa, laman34, etc, are you saying that they are associated with timeshare liquidation?

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
sue0067 said:
Kinda like a person selling their house. They give it to a real estate agent. The agent sells it, buyer pays 100% deposit, but realtor skips with the money before putting it in escrow or transfering the deed.

So I assume these buyers didn't cut a check to an independent escrow agent?

If they had I also assume they wouldn't have been scammed?

Don

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like Vacation Solutions needs to just turn over the deeds and prosecute this person themselves. The deed to my latest purchase from tsrecycler on ebay had Vacation Solutions as the deed holder. I didn't notice the name until after I sent our signed copy back to Timeshare Transfer, it was my husband that noticed the name. If the copies of the deeds are in the hands of the company, they need to do what is right by the customers.

My point is simple: The company that created this monster needs to clean up after it. The monster is the buying and taking of weeks immorally and reselling them for a profit. They have made so much money on this scam, then they want others to band with them to go after one of their entrusted salespeople. Why aren't you angry at the entire con game and the postcard senders?

How did you pay for the weeks, those of you who paid this reseller? I paid my money to the escrow company, Timeshare Transfer. Different seller but the same company. How many of these ID's are out there, selling timeshare for Vacation Solutions and all of their aliases?

What does vininc stand for? You have Chris@vininc.com Marijo@vininc.com and Ochoas used to be at vininc.com Is there a website for this group and does it look like the other sites? Just curious.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jill, Vacation Solutions has thousands of properties that they acquire through the postcard scam. The sellers are on ebay in large numbers, though some, maybe all, deny involvement with the postcard companies that are all the same people. We have no idea which resellers are getting weeks from Vacation Solutions. I wanted to believe that some of these resellers are getting foreclosures or trade-in weeks through developers.

These resellers can sell the weeks cheaply because they paid so little to the owners that getting back $1,375 for a GC Hawaii property, EOY is okay with them. That was my recent purchase. I was so excited about my deal, then the seller lied to the developer about my purchase price to pass ROFR, without my permission. I don't feel good about that, now that I know they did it. That was pretty unscrupulous, in my opinion. Timeshare Transfer seemed to think lying in this instance was okay. :(

Some owners really do want to get out from under blue weeks that have little or no value. These postcards are an exciting piece of mail to such owners. Then the company CHARGES the owners to take their weeks. Sometimes they just refuse to take the weeks, so they provide no "solutions" to these people. It is all about what they can get.

I didn't know Timeshare Liquidators was/were working with Vacation Solutions, either. I would love to know all of the ebay names associated with them, but I am afraid to discover that almost all of the bigger names probably are getting their weeks from VS.

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
I left a message with Don Guge over the weekend at the number mentioned above, but have received no reply. I'd like to know if Timeshare Relief, Inc is a part of this scam. Is Don "up to his ears" in you know what? The number seems to be in Asheville, NC -- correct? Has anyone else spoken with him?

Roy

taffy19

Reaction score
We had a post card in the mail this week from RTR with an address in Florida. The message is as follows:
"Never Pay Another Maintenance Fee! Sell Your Timeshare for Cash or Buy another week at a savings! Put our staff of trained professionals to work for you. Call RTR TODAY! 1-800-xxx-xxxx Ask us about our guarantee!

There is no mention of a web site so I called this number. The name of the company is Resort Timeshare Resale so I googled for that and found the web site but it goes from one web site to another. It probably is an advertising web site where you pay an advanced fee but what I find strange is that other similar links are connected with this web site too. Are these people all working together but they do not seem to charge you to get rid of your deed like some of the other scammers did.

Do these listings end up in eBay too?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone talked to Detective Don Guge? I left a message last week and have not received a return phone call.

bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
resales

I am confused, are you saying timeshare liquidation and vacation solutions are the same?

I am assuming Vacation Solutions are dochoa, tochoa, laman34, etc, are you saying that they are associated with timeshare liquidation?

I am looking at a property on ebay right now being sold by tochoa....did anyone every answer whether or not he/she is part of this scam?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Federal Case?

Re: >> ....please call Detective Don Guge at 828-253-4889 and give him all the information that you have about your transaction. He is working the case and it is now a federal case....<<

Having more than just a little personal career experience in the arena of federal investigation, I am more than a little bit puzzled by the suggestion here that a local detective is working a federal case. Doesn't happen. Completely different legal authorities, completely different jurisdictions.

While I have no dog in this fight, and don't claim to know a thing about any of the companies mentioned, it's either a state / local investigation worked by state / local investigators, or its a federal case being worked by Federal Agents (that's highly unlikely, in my opinion). In no scenario I can imagine could it be a "federal case" --- with a local detective as point of contact.

Bill4728

Reaction score
This thread was about something going on over 1 year ago. The owner/operator of a TS liquidator took all the business's money & the escrow money and took off. Several other TS sellers were taken as well as many people in the closing process.

Any new info should really be in a new post so I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.